GDT: Game 25: Sharks @ Lightning, 4pm

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Tampa for the first time with new lines to start the game. They had pretty much the same four lines rolling since game 1 with only minor changes or changes inside games. They were terrible lately. Looks as if Callahan is good to go but Paquette is suspended and Coburn/Dotchin, two of their most important defenders, injured. Should be possible for the Sharks despite having played yesterday.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Vasilevskiy starting for Tampa

I'm not seeing anything with regards to lines for the Sharks.

Back to back. Of course not. I think we can expect Jones in goal and pretty much yesterdays lines. Maybe O'Regan in for Carpenter or Labanc (I hope not) even though I'd rather scratch Ward or Karlsson.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Back to back. Of course not. I think we can expect Jones in goal and pretty much yesterdays lines. Maybe O'Regan in for Carpenter or Labanc (I hope not) even though I'd rather scratch Ward or Karlsson.

Yeah, I’m guessing Jones will start since Bibeau got sent down. I’m not sure who will be scratched. It seems like there’s a different combination every game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, I’m guessing Jones will start since Bibeau got sent down. I’m not sure who will be scratched. It seems like there’s a different combination every game.

If Donskoi and Heed are still out (Heed probably scratched anyway) then the lineup will probably be similar to what we saw yesterday. They apparently called up Soerensen. So hopefully Soerensen and O'Regan in for Karlsson and Ward...but knowing DeBoer he'll probably sit Carpenter and Labanc...if he makes changes at all:laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If anyone wants something to do to kill time before the game and has NHL Network, they're airing a simulcast of Rogers Sportsnet's CHL Game of the Week: Barrie Colts @ Ottawa 67s (Chmelevski).

It should be starting in a few minutes.

EDIT: Sportsnet, in spite of having like 6 channels, has decided to force me to finish watching Boston/Philly as "bonus coverage" instead of putting the CHL game on their alternate channel and letting the NHL game play out on the main networks. WTF you guys....

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
psh, the Bolts are pushovers.

7-1 Sharks
Pavelski x2, Hertl x2, Boedker, Tierney, Burns
Stamkos

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If we can beat Tampa in their barn on a back to back with injuries that will be a massive cap in our feathers. I think we can do it but I don't know what to expect.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If we can beat Tampa in their barn on a back to back with injuries that will be a massive cap in our feathers. I think we can do it but I don't know what to expect.

The Bolts have more and more significant injuries. Dotchin and Coburn are their two best shutdown defenders.
Plus...like I mentioned several times they're in a major slump. Vasi kept them in games...with a different goalie they would have produced some rough losses...
Should be a very winnable game.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
If the Sharks try to play Tampa's game like last time, they are screwed. If the Sharks stick to their game and play stifling defence, I like their chances

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Tampa is 1-3-0 in last 4 games, if there's any time to play them on a back to back then now's the time since they're on a losing streak.

Sharks 6-5
Meier, Hertl, Couture x 2, Pavs, Burns
Stamkos, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Hedman, Stralman

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The Bolts have more and more significant injuries. Dotchin and Coburn are their two best shutdown defenders.
Plus...like I mentioned several times they're in a major slump. Vasi kept them in games...with a different goalie they would have produced some rough losses...
Should be a very winnable game.

You might as well respond to my post about Heed in the roster thread if you're going to try to re-start this argument. Donskoi+Heed>>Coburn+Dotchin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->