Post-Game Talk: Game #25: New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I agree for the most part but I think this was actually almost the perfect opportunity to bring someone like him up.
Back-to-back games with Goodrow banged up. he'd know it was a very temporary call-up and he's heading straight back after the 2 games, but he gets a taste of it and doesn't really miss any development time with the Pack
I understand your logic, I don't think it's beneficial to bring him up for 3rd or 4th line minutes.....even if it is for one or two games.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Drury needs to seriously ask what team Mika would like to go to, and then ask Kreider.
These overreactions are pretty pathetic. We’re still 4 points behind 1st in the league with 3 games on hand.

Some of y’all need need to take a deep breath and step off the ledge. It’s a very long season and shit happens.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
These overreactions are pretty pathetic. We’re still 4 points behind 1st in the league with 3 games on hand.

Some of y’all need need to take a deep breath and step off the ledge. It’s a very long season and shit happens.

We're a one line team with a deadly PP.

Since the Boston game, this team has been collectively playing like shit.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland

It's not the fact that we lost.
It's the way in which we lose.
It's the same shit the last 3 seasons.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just feel he's better off getting a full year under his belt....he's getting the playing time he needs to develop.....won't happen if he's brought up.
Yeah. Let’s limit the number of adjustments needed for young players. Stick worth Hartford this year and then new level next year if appropriate. Sure, a cup of coffee is fine at the end of the season assuming Hartford isn’t playing.
Caveat being, I don’t know the player at all. Maybe he’s super mature and confident and can handle being up and down without a problem. But my instinct would be to leave him in one place for the full season.

Reactions: majordomo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It's just that they're not just losing lately, they're losing bad.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yeah. Let’s limit the number of adjustments needed for young players. Stick worth Hartford this year and then new level next year if appropriate. Sure, a cup of coffee is fine at the end of the season assuming Hartford isn’t playing.
Caveat being, I don’t know the player at all. Maybe he’s super mature and confident and can handle being up and down without a problem. But my instinct would be to leave him in one place for the full season.
This is also his first year in Hartford after the OHL......let him get adjusted to that level of play before yo-yoing him.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's not the fact that we lost.
It's the way in which we lose.
It's the same shit the last 3 seasons.
Good thing they have won 3 times as many as they have lost. Boston lost 3 straight games and gave up 17 goals in the process. Colorado got shut out 3 times in a 4 game stretch. Edmonton was 5-12 and looked like absolute trash. Were those good losses? Shit happens. Every team looks like shit at some point during a season.

Reactions: Kupo and egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just feel he's better off getting a full year under his belt....he's getting the playing time he needs to develop.....won't happen if he's brought up.

I understand that but also think playing NHL games can only help him. He’d be with the Rangers right now if his birthday didn’t arbitrarily fall behind the CHL cutoff last year.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I understand that but also think playing NHL games can only help him. He’d be with the Rangers right now if his birthday didn’t arbitrarily fall behind the CHL cutoff last year.
The way most of them are playing, I'd want him as far away as possible.

Reactions: klingsor

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023

It’s not about where we are in the regular season. It’s about whether we can win in the playoffs with this core. Mika and Artemi , our two best players have not shown up in the playoffs for a while. We need a few more guys with even the least bit of fire- not meek mika and bulls*it Miller. Vesey had to fight.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad