Post-Game Talk: Game #25: New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
giphy.gif

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Imagine giving Mika a full NMC because he farmed PP points. Sickening.

Listening to calls on Igor this summer. If you can ship him West for a haul, do it.

Need more nasty net front warriors. These dudes on the team are spineless in the paint. There is a reason why they literally always struggle to score on fringe goaltenders.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Right now we literally have one line that’s any good

The rest suck

I’m kinda pissed drury didn’t resign Kane regardless of what half of you think. He’d put up points here, instead we have Jonny b on our first line.

We need to go out and get a RW

Reactions: Guyute and Kords

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
No real positives to take out of that. We generated a few good looks but nothing really dangerous. Defense was abysmal and we had another horrible start.
There's just too much junk spread across the forwards and if Goodrow is going to miss any more time they need to bring up one of the younger guys from Hartford rather than another journey-man 4th liner.
Laf looked good (and that line was our best) but his shot just isn't threatening enough. He either gets it off too late, or without enough power behind it.

Really disappointed in Mika, CK and Fox. These guys are mean to be our leaders and stars, but they just didn't offer anything or set any kind of example. Fox may be get a bit of a pass if he's injured, but he still needs to be noticeable.

The response tomorrow will be interesting, could get very ugly very quickly

Reactions: Rangers in 7

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Kane should have been an easy signing with the way this roster is constructed, no picks or players going back anywhere, just money.
I thought so too. But with the cap crunch maybe Drury thinks he only gets one or maybe two mid-season additions and he wants to maximize with heavier ‘playoff type’ guys. Not that Kane isn’t a playoff performer but he’s enough of a question mark that Drury wouldn’t want to put all his eggs in the Kane basket.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Then limit their playing time, have them sit out a few games.

Because their disappearing acts are getting stale and boring.
I may agree with the sentiment, the reality is there's no one else to play....Rangers have painted themselves into a corner roster wise and cap wise and are now living with the consequences.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm probably in the minority of 3 people who believe Othmann should remain in Hartford for the full season.

I agree for the most part but I think this was actually almost the perfect opportunity to bring someone like him up.
Back-to-back games with Goodrow banged up. he'd know it was a very temporary call-up and he's heading straight back after the 2 games, but he gets a taste of it and doesn't really miss any development time with the Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00