GDT: Game 24: Columbus at Montreal | 11/27 7:30PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't play bad, but the goals against were bad and we can't score. Just got beat by the better team. It happens. If they keep playing like that and Bob is his usual form they should be a wild card contender.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
To be honest, Price has looked amazing tonight. Montreal’s defense is atrocious.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets deserved this loss. They dominated the last 40 minutes and couldn’t do shit on offense.

If they bothered to show up the first 10 minutes they would have a case for at least a point.

Fire whoever runs the PP, no excuse for it being 6 for 68( 8.82% currently destroying the all-time low) this season.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Offense has had a quarter of a season to try to figure this out. Getting to point of worry. 10% PP? Low offensive output? I know Torts doesn't like to coach offense but need to get these guys to basics before you can let them get creative.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
To be honest, Price has looked amazing tonight. Montreal’s defense is atrocious.
Price made 1 difficult save and it was because he was out of position. Jackets have a poor offense and they took way too many bad shots and didn’t capitalize on the high % chances they had.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Yep...not going to win them all, and after they shook off the rust in the first period, they played much better. Dug themselves a 2-0 hole, and then missed too many nets and Price made some nice saves. Hopefully they come out with a little more jump tomorrow night at home.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Price made 1 difficult save and it was because he was out of position. Jackets have a poor offense and they took way too many bad shots and didn’t capitalize on the high % chances they had.

Agree to disagree. Just given credit where credit is due. You’re telling me that Price saved just one “difficult save” out 38? Okay.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I don't hate this loss, CBJ outplayed MTL for most of the game.
A couple of weak plays cost us a couple of goals.
And Bob will even admit he should have had the first goal.
Andy and PLD played well.

And I was encouraged by the last 2 PP's. Actually moved the puck around and created chances. But Boone has to do more than that weak backhand move.

Anyways, let's get a W tomorrow night.

Reactions: ReggieRed

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Hey there it was... finally a game that power play blanks cost us the game.

Figure. It. Out. :madfire:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Eh. Maybe. But they'll be in the wild card mix all year. The one that will stick out to me is the ranger chokejob.

I really don’t understand where you’re coming from with all of this “wild card” talk. We literally haven’t been in a wild card spot all season. I get it, only 2 points separate us from being in a WC spot but we’ve steadily maintained a top 3 spot in the metro all season. During the 6 game win streak you were the most optimistic that I’ve ever saw you on here and then all of sudden we lose our streak and it’s “we’ll be in the mix for a wild card spot all year”... I really don’t get your thinking sometimes man. Seriously.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Do something with that PP, idk start with dismissing Larsen tomorrow morning to shake some things up already.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Gotta score. Bob was shaky for the start and he still only gave up 2. Gotta score. And our Dmen are getting all the shots, maybe Bjork could try shooting instead of passing back to Z or Seth. I like having the Dmen involved, but it seems to be disproportionate.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This is a game that I'm really frustrated with. Pass when we should shoot. Shoot when we should pass. How many shots over the net. Three posts (they had one). Two on one gets nothing. Three on one shot over the net. Zach with some lazy plays. Never shoots from the point on the PP and when he does it's blocked. Panarin was invisible tonight. Oh well. Good thing they play tomorrow. Give Bob a rest and play better in front of Korpi.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hey wey, we lost it's gonna be a benefice of CBJWennebrg "we suck" posts now, had a 6 game rest, need to charge.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I really don’t understand where you’re coming from with all of this “wild card” talk. We literally haven’t been in a wild card spot all season. I get it, only 2 points separate us from being in a WC spot but we’ve steadily maintained a top 3 spot in the metro all season. During the 6 game win streak you were the most optimistic that I’ve ever saw you on here and then all of sudden we lose our streak and it’s “we’ll be in the mix for a wild card spot all year”... I really don’t get your thinking sometimes man. Seriously.

I've been quite vocal about my opinion on this team and my explanations why. The 6 game winning streak didn't change my thoughts. I just don't want to keep repeating myself in these GDT's because people say it brings down the mood. Which I understand.

My optimism as you put it, was me just being real. They were playing well in a lot of those games, especially lately and including tonight. I still don't think they're very good. But they're playing well right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad