GDT: Game 24: Blues @ Coyotes | 3-7-13 | 7PM MST | FSA

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
In contrast, the former site of Los Arcos mall, if they'd built the new arena there, is only 6 miles away.
Boy I hear ya there, I'm 48 miles from the arena (one way). On weekdays add another 40ish miles to and from work, then start at 6am. Los Arcos is less than 2 miles from where I work, man that would have been sweet and maybe no ownership BS. Scottsdale politicians are idiots, trust me I lived there 20 years, sure miss the Drinkwater days

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Maybe Smith just had a great year last year and he is really just an average goalie. We won't have to pay him 4 million a year or more with the way he is playing and we won't be in a bidding war either. I don't understand our defense though, that is a tip trade mark and we are wildly inconsistent. I am not sure why, if it is the forwards or D men? Smith is not bailing us out for sure...

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
at this point, I know Smith had a 'great' year last year, but that is one in the last 7, so it appears as though he caught lightening in a bottle, because he's been completely awful this year for most of the year.

If he continues to save only .900 or lower as it stands now, we've got no shot at the making the playoffs, and I know that GMDM and Tipp believe in Smith, but at some point, you have to do something to improve that position.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Tippet hinting at roster changes in his presser. Called out Doan directly too.Some other nuggets, check it out.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
As in trades? Or switching the lines around?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
As in trades? Or switching the lines around?

Paraphrasing but he said something like " The concerning thing about the mistakes and turnovers are that they are being committed by the same guys, in the same zones, in the same situations, if that doesn't improve, we'll have to start looking at options."

I might be reading too much into it, he also said Doan needed to go back to playing as a "good player" which imo says a lot.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
So he did indeed make it sound like change is coming in one way or another.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Is there any update on Lombardi as well? Having him out for a long stretch again would be bad news indeed.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
SniperHF, I am feeling your pain right now. Dear god. We're even getting physically manhandled. Pathetic.

Wooohooo , 0-3 on the season. Can I make it 0-4?

Do we have a goalie problem??

Yes. They hung Smith out to dry plenty of times, but even LOL's was making those saves vs the Ducks. I think they need to alternate Smith/Labarbera each getting one game till Smith gets his **** straight. Even if Labarbera can't hack it either, Smith sure hasn't earned a cemented #1 status. Make them fight over the job.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Wooohooo , 0-3 on the season. Can I make it 0-4?

Yes. They hung Smith out to dry plenty of times, but even LOL's was making those saves vs the Ducks. I think they need to alternate Smith/Labarbera each getting one game till Smith gets his **** straight. Even if Labarbera can't hack it either, Smith sure hasn't earned a cemented #1 status. Make them fight over the job.

I would start Labarbera on Saturday if I were coach Tip.

Going into the start of the season, Smith was coming off a fantastic year and Labarbera was coming off a ****** year (statistically at least). Now that we're halfway through the season, Smith has had about an even split of good games, average games, and bad games. Labarbera has been good when he's been asked to fill in or even start, and so has Chad Johnson.

I'm not wanting to start a goalie controversy here in Phoenix but I think it's just a smart move. Give Barbs the start Saturday, if he does well, keep starting him until he has a bad game. Might send a message.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Ken from STL shown the Right Way. Elliott in the press-box and Halak on the bench - brilliant move!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tippet hinting at roster changes in his presser. Called out Doan directly too.Some other nuggets, check it out.

I was watching Doan last night before I turned off the game. Without the puck he just coasts around standing straight up with his arms hanging down by his sides with his stick in one hand. His body language, to me, is that he doesn't give a **** anymore, and that is rubbing off on the team. I think he feels betrayed and his spirit is finally broken.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is there any update on Lombardi as well? Having him out for a long stretch again would be bad news indeed.

It's a crap shoot when you pick up players with a history of injuries. If he has a concussion from that tap on his helmet, he shouldn't even be cleared to play and retire for health reasons.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I had to relocate to Scottsdale recently. I work in Paradise Valley. 25 miles to the arena from work, and now 35 miles back home. For that. Well, at least the tickets were cheap and the $1 horse piss helped.

I need to find a new hobby.

Well I'm getting my skates and gonna start some skating and hockey practices so I can entertain myself.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Well I'm getting my skates and gonna start some skating and hockey practices so I can entertain myself.

Hmmm... that sounds like a lot of fun. If I was in shape that is. I think I'll stick to pool. :laugh:

I did play at the ice den a couple of times. It was a ton of fun.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hmmm... that sounds like a lot of fun. If I was in shape that is. I think I'll stick to pool. :laugh:

I did play at the ice den a couple of times. It was a ton of fun.

Judging by some of the people I've seen play, you don't exactly need to be in shape to play rec hockey here in the valley. :laugh:

(Playing well might be a different story but that's what playing down a level or two is for, right?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad