GDT: Game 24: Blues @ Coyotes | 3-7-13 | 7PM MST | FSA

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I'd say average as well.

And average goalies and great goalies are what separate the top of the standings from the bottom.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Pure speculation on my part, but I think Maloney is up to something . From my seats i can see him and the rest of his pressbox clearly. He's always watching from start to end every game. He hasn't returned after the 2nd period.

Edit: just returned after a 20 minute absence. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, or maybe that was just enough time to make a phone call after one of our worst periods this year :nod:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Pure speculation on my part, but I think Maloney is up to something . From my seats i can see him and the rest of his pressbox clearly. He's always watching from start to end every game. He hasn't returned after the 2nd period.

We need something!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010

Edit: just returned after a 20 minute absence. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, or maybe that was just enough time to make a phone call after one of our worst periods this year :nod:

That would be awesome if you were the first person to break a trade just by watching him at the job.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
SniperHF, I am feeling your pain right now. Dear god. We're even getting physically manhandled. Pathetic.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Awful game. I don't normally like to rag on Smith, but he was terrible tonight.

He was definitely poor, but the defense gave him no chance on at least 3 of those goals. That being said if tippett can get a nice little streak going like he loves to do so much, we're right back in the playoff hunt. One way or another though this team desperately needs a shot in the arm.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ok...the rebounds Smith was giving up were atrocious...he actually looked like LOL out there.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see Chad Johnson come in and get a shot, at least the boys played tough defense when he was out there.

OEL & Michalek were a combined -7, throw Chips in there and they were -11.

...and don't get me started on our PP tonight, yes, I don't care that Yandle scored late on the PP, it doesn't matter, our PP is absolutely pathetic. At the beginning of the season, it actually looked like a PP but since game 10, we've gone absolutely south!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
There's just something wrong with this team and I can't put my finger on it, but we're definitely not the same team that has been here the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I had to relocate to Scottsdale recently. I work in Paradise Valley. 25 miles to the arena from work, and now 35 miles back home. For that. Well, at least the tickets were cheap and the $1 horse piss helped.

I need to find a new hobby.

theTik41

Jan 21, 2013
whats different about this team is the goaltending. bryz was solid when he was here (minus the playoffs), smith was amazing last year but this is who he really is. he was so bad in tampa they brought in a 41 year old dwyane roloson to replace him and then was so bad he couldnt even keep the backup job. last year smith was awesome but i think his 15 min of fame is up. i also would like to see chad johnson get another shot, he only gave up 1 goal in two games.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I had to relocate to Scottsdale recently. I work in Paradise Valley. 25 miles to the arena from work, and now 35 miles back home. For that. Well, at least the tickets were cheap and the $1 horse piss helped.

I need to find a new hobby.

I feel your pain. I live in Tempe and my house is 29 miles from the arena.

Luckily I never have to head there straight from work, though that would be 34 miles if I did. It's all freeway, but on weekdays the traffic is killer.

In contrast, the former site of Los Arcos mall, if they'd built the new arena there, is only 6 miles away.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Smith hasn't been very good but we've been blowing defensive coverage on a regular basis.

Like I said, consistency is lacking.

Forgive me if I'm misremembering, but weren't we a .500 hockey team last year until our February run?

Last year after 41 games (half season/5 Jan) we were in 11th place, 43 pts. .524 points percentage

We are in 8th with a .521 points percentage at the half season mark. Just about the same.

Last year on 31 Jan (51 games played/ 62% of the season played) we were 12th with 52 pts. .510 points percentage.

We hit 62% of the season at game 30 (actually 63%, game 29 is 60%)

We have a few games left to play average and then need a 7 game win/points streak to match last Feb.

Game 31 is against Vancouver on the 21st, another Thursday night home game. Getting the wins strung together will be crucial.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
whats different about this team is the goaltending. bryz was solid when he was here (minus the playoffs), smith was amazing last year but this is who he really is. he was so bad in tampa they brought in a 41 year old dwyane roloson to replace him and then was so bad he couldnt even keep the backup job. last year smith was awesome but i think his 15 min of fame is up. i also would like to see chad johnson get another shot, he only gave up 1 goal in two games.

Granted, Smith has not looked like anything we saw last season, but with how Burke has transformed Bryz and Smith, I'm wondering if Smith's britches have gotten a little big and he's stopped listening to Sean. It has to be something, because Smith has been awful except for maybe 8 games.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
...and don't get me started on our PP tonight, yes, I don't care that Yandle scored late on the PP, it doesn't matter, our PP is absolutely pathetic. At the beginning of the season, it actually looked like a PP but since game 10, we've gone absolutely south!

We try the same zone entry every time. If we do cross the blue line, it is a pass to the left point. I'm not a hockey strategist by any means, but I'm sure other teams watch video and figure it out. Like playing an infield shift on a particular batter in baseball.

theTik41

Jan 21, 2013
this season is half over and smith still has time to turn it around but i just dont know. plus its a contract year for him so he should be playing like a man wanting to get paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad