GDT: Game 23: Columbus at Vancouver | 11/22 10PM EST

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Is that seriously a "refs you suck" chant when they're winning by 3???

*EDIT: I guess it was a really horrible call. I'm barely paying attention at this point.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
So what's tomorrow's fix?

Coaches' only meeting
Spa Day
Special Viewing of road trip losses
Have peewee players come in and offer scoring tips
Have peewee players come in and offer defensive scheme
Stickhandling match between Umberger and a soccer player
Jarmo petition to the league to let us use a tarp with holes in it for a goalie
Rimer pep talk
Team HR sensitivity training
Players trade places with Arena Staff for the next game
Jackets bobblehead night. Instead of legs, the dolls have wheels that always fall off.
Alabama strength and conditioning coach comes in and works the players out

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
These threads are so bi-polar...I don't usually follow along on here during, AS I'M PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME, but since this one is out of hand, I thought I would check in. I had to double check as I was getting caught up reading the suicide notes errr posts of this thread, that this wasn't the Edmonton thread. How can you guys be on top the world one game and ready to sell the franchise to Siberia the next?

Bob was really bad tonight, period, he'll be the first to tell you. But they are 2-2 on a western trip that has left us 0-fer more often than not over the years! We are missing the most important parts of our team and we are not mathematically eliminated and it's the end of November.

Relax, things will be way up and way down with this young team all season long, get down off the chair before you kick it out and hang from the noose!

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
So what's tomorrow's fix?

Coaches' only meeting
Spa Day
Special Viewing of road trip losses
Have peewee players come in and offer scoring tips
Have peewee players come in and offer defensive scheme
Stickhandling match between Umberger and a soccer player
Jarmo petition to the league to let us use a tarp with holes in it for a goalie
Rimer pep talk
Team HR sensitivity training
Players trade places with Arena Staff for the next game
Jackets bobblehead night. Instead of legs, the dolls have wheels that always fall off.
Alabama strength and conditioning coach comes in and works the players out

again, it's posts like this that keep me on the boards................:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Look at Foligno throwing fists! That's certainly a thing that happened!

These threads are so bi-polar...I don't usually follow along on here during, AS I'M PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME, but since this one is out of hand, I thought I would check in. I had to double check as I was getting caught up reading the suicide notes errr posts of this thread, that this wasn't the Edmonton thread. How can you guys be on top the world one game and ready to sell the franchise to Siberia the next?

It's called being "in the moment".

Paisano*

Once again we are the 'tonic' for other teams problems. We have to be the most loved opponent in the league. "You have a problem bunky?? Lets play the Bluejackets!"

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
At this point of the season you know pretty much what you have as a team. This team isn't very good. However, you also don't have very good coaching right now either. Why Bob was allowed to remain in is beyond me.

It's weeks before Gabby comes back and who knows how long Dubi is out.

I don't have much of an expectation for this team. We just aren't improving. I saw some at the beginning of the year, but we've regressed.

Looks like another "Out of it by Christmas" kind of year. It's strange, because this team can play far better than this. Having said that, Bob just sucks right now.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I swear that this team is cursed. Who would have thunk it that Steve Mason would be head and shoulders better than Bobrovsky this season.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Ugly game by the Jackets.

Thoughts:

-The team was dominated through two periods and most of the third. While the Canucks always put up a good possession effort, there's no excuse for not generating any sort of prolonged offensive pressure for 50 minutes.

-Yeah, Cam and Jenner each missed a golden opportunity but quite frankly, they had a lot of net thanks to a poor outing by Luongo (who went on his belly for a wild poke check in both chances). He looked vulnerable, but we could muster only 16 shots. Obviously related to the first point.

-IMO there wasn't a lack of effort, which is a point Richards always piles on. Indeed, Cam, Calvert, Jenner and Boll were some guys who put up a gritty performance. The problem however was that the team wasn't cohesive at all. Lots of short passes getting lost in translation and ending in turnovers. Bad defensive coverage, leading to Canucks getting into the places they wanted to be. Poor breakout plays, resulting in dump-and-a-change hockey. The whole defensive unit played a lukewarm game - I'll note Nikitin really was trying to keep the train from derailing, but he was clearly playing through pain.

-Bob might've had his worst outing of the season. He should've been pulled when Edler beat him clean from the point. Granted, Higgins got in front of him as the shot was fired but it's the sort of save any veteran and/or high-caliber goalie should have made. Unfortunately, he was also soft on most of the other goals. No excuses for letting the Kassian goal when he had the angle down. The first Henrik goal happened because he fought the puck too much. And the second one he flat out mishandled the shot and let it squeak through. Granted his defensemen weren't helping in the way of taking off some heat, but a decent night for him, and we would've played an overtime game.

We're missing quite a bit of skill in the lineup, Bob is well grounded and players don't seem to be skating well as a team. I'm all for optimism, but we shouldn't expect .500+ hockey until Gaborik and Horton are back, at least. Dubi coming back will obviously help, but I don't think he'll be enough.

Lastly, we'll probably be hearing "Mason" in this board a lot more often. Everyone at the time thought it was great we could get something in return for Steve, but Jarmo definitively messed up when he didn't seek a seasoned NHL'er to back Bob up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad