GDT: Game 21: Columbus at Chicago | 3/1 8:30 PM EST

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Man that Aucoin so great in front of our net....wait he was pretty bad on he first goal. Shows how awful he is again on the game winner.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Man that Aucoin so great in front of our net....wait he was pretty bad on he first goal. Shows how awful he is again on the game winner.

On that last goal, and I think I've seen it before this year, Aucoin just doesn't have enough speed when he is defending on the rush. There is a new interference rule where forwards can just chip the puck by you and you can't hit them, so I think Aucoin is victimized by that, because he can't catch them either.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The last 5 loses have been by one goal (and 6 of the last 7). We've gotta be approaching the record, right?

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
Very good game tonight. It sucks to only get the one point. For the players that we are missing though that is damn good stuff we got to see tonight.

Mase looks good. Much better than last year. He keeps fighting and doesn't give up. Great moves by Ryjo for his first of the year. Really good game. If only we could score more.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I love this teams never quit attitude. I really hope they sustain it bc they are fun to watch when they do bring it. Really happy with Johan and Erixons play. Looks like Johan and Folgino have some chemistry.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The next game is against the Avs that have an even worse defense. Landeskog is back though. The Jackets will get 2 points.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Theres not going to be a captain this year, and I think this is Prospal's last.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
because you think he's personally done with playing hockey or because you think JD/Kekailanen won't offer him a contract?

Done playing hockey. But I could see the 2nd one happening even if he wants to come back.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Good thing Prospal never relied on his speed to begin with. Otherwise he'd have been done years ago.

I get this tendency to think he's done if he looks bad for 2 shifts in a row. His age. His contact situation with the whole 1 year at a time gimmick. Reality shows that he's not on that level of decline just quite yet, though.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Weird people want to retire one of leading scorers.

Last night was another example of why we need to find above average goaltending. That was the story.ase wasn't awful, but we need a goalie who doesn't routinely let in soft goals.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Weird people want to retire one of leading scorers.

Last night was another example of why we need to find above average goaltending. That was the story.ase wasn't awful, but we need a goalie who doesn't routinely let in soft goals.

Maybe we need a defense that doesn't allow 36 SOG. Mason wasn't great, but you can do the math when both of your goalies stop 90% of the shots and you allow 36 SOG what the result will be.

THis board just cracks me up with the hate on Mason. If he starts some predict a loss, even though the team rarely wins no matter who the tender is. He plays well enough to get us to OT vs a team that is unbeaten in regulation this season and a major breakdown by a veteran D-man allowed an easy goal in OT and yet it's on Mason for letting in softies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Good fight, though Hawks somewhat dominated. But that was to be expected. Would have liked to win this one on regulation Hawks are on big fire right now. Good for RyJo on getting his first goal, though imo he doesn't look much better on ice. Let Bobo start next one.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Maybe we need a defense that doesn't allow 36 SOG. Mason wasn't great, but you can do the math when both of your goalies stop 90% of the shots and you allow 36 SOG what the result will be.

THis board just cracks me up with the hate on Mason. If he starts some predict a loss, even though the team rarely wins no matter who the tender is. He plays well enough to get us to OT vs a team that is unbeaten in regulation this season and a major breakdown by a veteran D-man allowed an easy goal in OT and yet it's on Mason for letting in softies.

1. Good goalies help struggling teams.
2. Save their bacon from time to time.
3. And inspire those around them to play better.

Mason has done none of those things at anywhere approaching our need.
This is not his fault.
It is the fault of XGMSH.
Several of us having been saying this FOR YEARS UP HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5