Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Tkachuk pretended he got pole axed twice went down like a wet rag playing possum one eye watching the ref. Ears waiting for a whistle. Refs called Bruins on both. Truth is Bruins need a couple of Kenny the Rats back in Boston.

No what they need is competent officiating, how many times do these incompetent fools have to fall for Tkachuk's BS, this is WWE style officiating.

Reactions: BTO and sarge88

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Everyone gets it. But the true essential fact is even more fundamental than that. You win when you put the puck in the net more than your opponent. Lots of games are won by teams who are outshot or outplayed by their opponents. And the B's were winning until that illegal tying goal.
You have a lot more confidence than me that the Bruins were going to hold onto a one goal lead have you not seen how they play late in games with a lead,unfortunately when the Bruins didn’t capitalize on their great scoring chances to go up 3-0 and then Florida scored,the game was lost.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
We can whine all we want about that goalie interference. Pure fact is that Florida is a far superior team. You can't win games getting outshot 2-1. Bruins should be setting up tee times soon.
It's only whining if it's unjustified. It's perfectly legit – reasonable even – to complain about literal incompetence and bad calls that change the game.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
We can whine all we want about that goalie interference. Pure fact is that Florida is a far superior team. You can't win games getting outshot 2-1. Bruins should be setting up tee times soon.

Why let florida off the hook??

If they are so much the superior team shouldn't they not need so much help to win?

Do people actually think that game goes the same way if instead of the game being tied the most frustrating way possible AND A FOLLOW UP PENALTY AS A RESULT they just simply killed the penalty?

Like I don't even disagree that Florida is playing better but thats only step one!! This game very often has games where the team that is playing better loses be it sound defense, goal tending, or whatever. You still have to execute in this league and florida got a HUUUUUUGE break in that sense.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
They’ve helped along a ton of borderline calls for sure. The GI play isn’t a dirty play by Bennett though. It’s a run of the mill cross check in front of the net, and it’s usually called a penalty. The egregious part of that play was just the missed call, and then the odd ruling on the review

The punch i can’t defend. I do however, wish Boston had a little more of that nasty in them. I’d rather be a habitual line stepper than a team of gentle giants
But that's what "on the line" means. Within the rules. They are benefiting from playing literally "over the line."

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'm not a conspiracy type either. There are usually simpler and better explanations. But in theory, purely incompetent officiating should cut both ways for both teams. That's not what we've seen in this series, by a long shot. So it's not unreasonable or illogical to conclude that what we're likely seeing is either: 1) bias from the officials (conscious or subconscious) or 2) an agenda.
If that was provable, which it can't, the NHL could be sued into oblivion.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
They are really gonna suspend or fine soucy for accidentally crosschecking mcdavid in the face because he got taken down as he was trying to hit him in the chest...after ignoring the bennet punch.

I typed all that out meaning to comment on it but i'm actually speechless.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Same issues all year, unable to hold a lead, unable to get shots on net.
It is what it is, let’s see what they can do with their backs against the wall.
unable to finish.
How many chances did they have to make it 3-0 or extend the lead back to 2.
heinen
coyle
debrusk
frederic
gotta admit Bob kept them in that game and Bruins just cant extend leads.
Also Lorhei couldnt make a simple 20 foot pass to Mcavoy where he has tons of room to bring it in on the goalie with options and a tired FLA line. Pass went in mcavoys skates and totally derailed the pressure.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Honestly, from management all the way down, the Bruins have become the nail.
Not even one of the cheapo nails with the soft heads that cave in, or bend unless you hit it just right. They go straight into the wood, flush, with one strike

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This is what the league is now, and I can’t blame the Panthers for that. They decided to reward the Claude Lemieux style of hockey instead of rewarding real tough hockey. Maroon can’t do anymore than what he did last night in this league, if he pushes or shoves Bennett, he’s going to the penalty box, if he does it after they’re up a few goals, he’s going to the dressing room.

The things that bother me most about last night are three of the interference calls, two against Lindholm, that super dirty player that he is, and the last one against Ekblad. Florida runs that interference dozens of times a game, making two calls against Boston for it, and then trying to make it look good by calling it in the last minute against Florida doesn’t work for me. If they don’t make that weak call against Lindholm where Bennett acts out the JFK scene then they’re not on the power play and the controversial goal never even happens.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
You have a lot more confidence than me that the Bruins were going to hold onto a one goal lead have you not seen how they play late in games with a lead,unfortunately when the Bruins didn’t capitalize on their great scoring chances to go up 3-0 and then Florida scored,the game was lost.
It's not confidence; it's just the nature of the sport and the way things can happen. It's impossible for anyone to say what would have happened. Anything's possible in playoff games. All it takes is for a puck to take a weird bounce off a stanchion (as we've seen a few times already at TD Garden) and the B's have a gift goal to go up 3-1. Things can happen that galvanize a team to start playing better, or that deflate them. I don't understand why some fans are so quick to give up and resign themselves to "the inevitable" when anyone who knows hockey knows that things can change on a dime.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
But that's what "on the line" means. Within the rules. They are benefiting from playing literally "over the line."
Christ. Ok “they are playing in the vicinity of the line at all times.” Is that better?

They haven’t been dirty, aside from the punch. They’re just more physical, and much better than the pushovers from Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad