GDT: Game 21: Columbus at Chicago | 3/1 8:30 PM EST

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I actually think Richards has a decision here regarding Mason. Lots of variables - won't list all the pros and cons - but if Steve's history matters, there's a decision to be made.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I said "if he keeps it up." That's when he was being Calder!Mase, not Norrena!Mase. Or Mase!Mase.

Calder!mase won the Calder on the back of Hitch's system much like the St. Louis duo had the fewest goals against last year.

His system is pretty much ply and play. He can take otherwise castaway or plain vs goalies and turn them into award winners because the defense is that good.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I said "if he keeps it up." That's when he was being Calder!Mase, not Norrena!Mase. Or Mase!Mase.

Norrena's rookie year was PROBABLY the 4th best goalie season in CBJ history! You take that back now!

1. Mason's one good year
2. Tugger in the inagural season
3. Glasscal throws up 9 shutouts in the Hitch system
4. Norrena rookie year
5. Uhh something Marc Denis?
6. Wait, are you serious?
7. Why am I still going?
8. Send help.
11. RIP Matthew

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I still feel like there is a big difference between last years Mason and this years. There aren't as many stinker goals, and when he does let them in he and the team seem to settle down. Last year he would let in a couple questionable goals, heads would be down, and we would lose 6-2. This year he lets in one, and we end up losing 2-1.

As an NHL goaltender, I would hope the target is eventually to get the soft goals down to 'none'.

Once in awhile, sure, it's going to happen, but for god's sake, it should never happen at the end of a well played period when you're up 2-1 on the road against a vastly superior team.

It's ridiculous. He *has* been better this year, but it's all relative. He's still among the worst netminders in the league, even with improvement.

I wish I was wrong.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Calder!mase won the Calder on the back of Hitch's system much like the St. Louis duo had the fewest goals against last year.

His system is pretty much ply and play. He can take otherwise castaway or plain vs goalies and turn them into award winners because the defense is that good.

I know I know Calder!Mase sucked and was horrible and should've been taken behind a shed and shot. But he was better than LastYear!Mase and TheYearBeforeThat!Mase and quite possibly TheYearPriorEvenToThatButI'veLostTrackOfYears!Mase so that's what I used.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I like Erixons game so far he has great passing out of the zone still makes some bad plays one on one but he's been good overall. Really like Goloubefs game as well

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Norrena's rookie year was PROBABLY the 4th best goalie season in CBJ history! You take that back now!

My one lasting memory of Freddy No is him coming out to challenge a breakaway and, how to describe this, the best way I can come up with is jumping up sideways as if he was clicking his heels together and then falling flat on his ass. Needless to say the shooter scored on the WIDE ****ING OPEN NET.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Jeez.................Nash is gone, get over it...................

Just making a point. People complaining about Nikitin doing what he did are many of the same people that complained about certain players skating away from scrums. Whether you're a fanboy or not, I'd think it's obvious that they've been missing this kind of thing for some time.

In other words, it's nice to see the culture change right before our eyes. Add some actual accountability and I might even get optimistic that the foundation for success actually already exists.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I like Erixons game so far he has great passing out of the zone still makes some bad plays one on one but he's been good overall. Really like Goloubefs game as well

This is a positive this year. The young defensemen are getting lots of minutes and are showing they are capable of becoming good.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is a positive this year. The young defensemen are getting lots of minutes and are showing they are capable of becoming good.

I was going to praise Erixon, but man he had a rough shift there. A giveaway and fell down in front of Kane.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just making a point. People complaining about Nikitin doing what he did are many of the same people that complained about certain players skating away from scrums. Whether you're a fanboy or not, I'd think it's obvious that they've been missing this kind of thing for some time.

In other words, it's nice to see the culture change right before our eyes. Add some actual accountability and I might even get optimistic that the foundation for success actually already exists.

whatever, I don't see that same culture change (whatever the hell that is) that you & others do. Oh well, maybe you're a "fanboy" for that sort of thing.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
whatever, I don't see that same culture change (whatever the hell that is) that you & others do. Oh well, maybe you're a "fanboy" for that sort of thing.

You're barking up the wrong tree. It's the same sort of thing the Hawks just did to Dorse after he took a late jab at Emery. Whether it is a fight or a scrum, it is standing up for your mates.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

I heard once that it's ok to have different opinions. Find something else to talk about.

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
My one lasting memory of Freddy No is him coming out to challenge a breakaway and, how to describe this, the best way I can come up with is jumping up sideways as if he was clicking his heels together and then falling flat on his ass. Needless to say the shooter scored on the WIDE ****ING OPEN NET.

The Big Flopper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad