GDT: Game 2: Kings @ Sharks, 7:30pm

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shots are 32-18 Kings.

Pretty terrible for them to be dominating so badly, when they've had a multi goal lead for almost the entire game so far.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Deboer seems like a 1 year wonder. But the roster sucks right now so no point getting a new coach yet since no one would be able to take this roster to the promised land.

The way this franchise eventually goes, they're going to need to replace DeBoer but it wouldn't surprise me if they just let the season play itself before making any sort of management decisions.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Deboer seems like a 1 year wonder. But the roster sucks right now so no point getting a new coach yet since no one would be able to take this roster to the promised land.

His track-record was never great. 3 years of no playoffs in Florida. SCF his first year in NJ followed by 3 years of no playoffs. Never understood why DW reportedly wanted him for so long.

Still no clue how Spott kept his job all off-season though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't think this is the right way to think about this, but since DeBoer made the playoffs the first two years in San Jose, I think he'll get at least another season if this year is a disaster.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
This is not a bad sharks team, roster wise, on paper, they're just not playing very well through two games so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This isn't a contender at all, perhaps not even a playoff caliber team, so I think it's better to just keep him for now. If this was his fourth season and not just his third, I'd be a little less hesitant to throw him in the oven.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think this is the right way to think about this, but since DeBoer made the playoffs the first two years in San Jose, I think he'll get at least another season if this year is a disaster.

If the team has a bad enough season, they'll can him. If it's truly bad enough, I think Hasso will actually do what needs to be done finally.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is not a bad sharks team, roster wise, on paper, they're just not playing very well through two games so far.
I thought they played well in the first game. Bad goaltending and the PK was the difference in the game.

Tonight, the goaltending hasn't been good again, another two weak goals in the 1st period. The goaltending hasn't been as much of a sore spot tonight though, this is a TRASH performance from almost everybody.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he will too, UNLESS there's an entire house cleaning at season's end. I'm talking about Doug getting the boot. If that happens, Pete goes with him, as most head coaches don't survive a GM change. Ron Wilson did, when Lombardi was fired a few months after he hired him and Doug took over and opted to keep him, but more often than not, the new GM picks his own coach.

Not that I think it's gonna happen, but let's be serious here, he's currently the third longest tenured GM in the league. A third of the teams in the league have made a GM change just since April of 2015. If we go back to April of 2014, 18 teams have made a GM change. And just in the time since the last lockout ended (the 2012-2013 one), TWENTY teams have made a GM change. Vegas is one of those, but that's still damn near two-thirds.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's probably going to take back to back missed playoffs for them to fire DW like what happened with LA to get Lombardi out of there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the team has a bad enough season, they'll can him. If it's truly bad enough, I think Hasso will actually do what needs to be done finally.
I talked to my friend who is a Kings fan, on the phone the other night. We're actually texting back and forth right now, both watching the game. He said to me ''What's up with Vlasic and Jones and those extensions? And you kept railing on Lombardi for all the contracts he gave out, but Doug Wilson did the same thing for his guys'' and then I thought that he kind of had a point. He didn't include Burns, as he's a very rare and unique skillset, so he understood giving him the keys to the team plane. Not so much the other two, and he definitely didn't understand why Jones was locked up to that term at that price, when he's never had two good seasons in a row.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I talked to my friend who is a Kings fan, on the phone the other night. We're actually texting back and forth right now, both watching the game. He said to me ''What's up with Vlasic and Jones and those extensions? And you kept railing on Lombardi for all the contracts he gave out, but Doug Wilson did the same thing for his guys'' and then I thought that he kind of had a point. He didn't include Burns, as he's a very rare and unique skillset, so he understood giving him the keys to the team plane. Not so much the other two, and he definitely didn't understand why Jones was locked up to that term at that price, when he's never had two good seasons in a row.
Vlasic deserved a big extension, maybe not at that high of a price but he deserved a lot. Jones, I got nothing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when Donskoi was good? I'm feeling like he's turning into another one of these Wingels or Nieto types, who look like decent middle 6 guys for a year (sometimes a little more than that) and then fall off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad