GDT: Game 2: Kings @ Sharks, 7:30pm

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We don't have a 1st line anymore. Jumbo is not playing like a 1st line C and Pavs is mainly a product of Jumbo. Couture-Donskoi with Couture as 'C' are good for 2nd line QoC but I just don't see them matching up against most teams top-lines. I know @Juxtaposer has mentioned this in the past but I would like to see Couture play wing. Maybe have Hertl center that line.

Couture-Hertl-Donskoi
Pavs-Jumbo-Labanc
Hansen-Tierney-Boedker
Karlsson-Carpenter-Ward

Also, give Heed/Ryan a shot.

Send Meier back to the AHL. Though honestly, I am not sure if that will help.

I’d be in favor of those lines.

I also don’t think sending Meier back to the AHL would do him any good. It’s not that he’s too good for the AHL but rather that I just don’t think playing against weaker competition will help him work through his issues.

I’d also be in favor of moving Pavs back to center just to see if he can create on his own. Play him with Hansen and Boedker, see if he can actually produce. If he can’t, then he needs to be traded ASAP.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Id say that is more to do with deployment and some unsustainable play from labanc.

nah, its thornton thorntoning
still the best player on the team

the top line is sporting a PDO in the 80s though and burns is at 75 so there's that.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I think it's incredible that Donskoi, Tierney and Meier combined got a total of 13 seconds PP time in the Kings game when Vlasic and Ward (who posses little to no speed or scoring threat) get around 3 minutes each.

They talked about needing players to step up but won't give them opportunity. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Nighthock

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Ward is a tough one. He's trying but he flat out isn't cutting it.

That said Ward did have a pretty good play near the net where he could have scored if the puck bounced just slightly differently. He was in the right place.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Until someone steps up Ward isn't going to be removed from the power play. I do wonder if there are any other teams who use a player who is on their 4th line on the power play.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Until someone steps up Ward isn't going to be removed from the power play. I do wonder if there are any other teams who use a player who is on their 4th line on the power play.

I think the coaching staff thinks of Ward as a net front guy, so not only does some one have to step up, but they also have to look good in front of the net to displace Ward.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I havent looked through this thread but my observation from being at the Tank on Saturday was the Sharks just looked slow (even against LAK!). PP looked even worse than last year. Burns had a number of passing mistakes. Paul Martin looked way over matched all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad