GDT: (Game 2) Home Opener: The suckiest suck that ever sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
60% possession (I imagine a lot in the first and when trailing), yet 20-20 scoring chances.

It's only two games, but Calgary can ill-afford going 0-3 to start the year.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Wideman was bad tonight, I though in the first game he was ok, but I can't think of any way you can justify his play tonight.

Also, could we please tell our defencemen there are much more effective ways to kill a penalty besides lying on the ice repeatedly?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
We had 24 shots in the first and finished with 35. The 2nd and 3rd period were awful.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Oilers fans coming in peace.

You guys have a ton of potential. Very young team. Reminds me of the Oilers three years ago. Experience will kick in its just about having some patience.

Obviously have some of the best young players/prospects in the league. Couple more years and you should be a perennial play off team.

Hope the Oilers have finally got over that hump.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

You guys have a ton of potential. Very young team. Reminds me of the Oilers three years ago. Experience will kick in its just about having some patience.

Obviously have some of the best young players/prospects in the league. Couple more years and you should be a perennial play off team.

lol....being consoled by an Oiler fan, what an insult.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

*****?
We're already being told how to rebuild by Oilers fans 2 games into the season?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Wideman's gaffe was the game. Giordano hasn't been good. I think Hamilton and jokipakka will be a good pairing. Time to give kulak a game as engelland's partner on the 3rd pair.

The forwards have been fine. The defence needs work.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
That's a lot more hostile of a response than I was expecting.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Canucks fan here coming in peace. Just want to say you guys really got the shaft from the NHL with the schedule the way it is. You start off the season with 3 games in 4 nights but they are AWAY-HOME-AWAY. TOTAL BS! Then there is a major storm in Vancouver that is grounding a lot of planes and making the airport a mess. So your team has to fly in that to come to Vancouver. Lucky if they get any sleep because they might not get to the hotel until like 8am. Meanwhile Canucks get a huge rest and have their first game at home without any worries. Anyways, maybe you guys will beat us tomorrow and then Canucks will look like an even bigger piece of crap team, getting beat by a tired Flames team. I'm surprised the NHL didn't make tomorrow's game a NOON game!!!

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Maybe I'll watch tomorrows game, but after today its hard even thinking about standing up tomorrow. Only cuz Wides is being paid 5.25(6) mill, Kulak shouldnt sit in the pressbox.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wideman's gaffe was the game. Giordano hasn't been good. I think Hamilton and jokipakka will be a good pairing. Time to give kulak a game as engelland's partner on the 3rd pair.

The forwards have been fine. The defence needs work.
Are you referring to Letestu's goal? Brodie supposed to be an elite skater but Wideman caught him on the backcheck. how does someone everyone call slow catch an elite skater and then only blame Wideman? That lack of hustle IMO was the most egregious mistake of the night because it was 100% an effort problem.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
Canucks fan here coming in peace. Just want to say you guys really got the shaft from the NHL with the schedule the way it is. You start off the season with 3 games in 4 nights but they are AWAY-HOME-AWAY. TOTAL BS! Then there is a major storm in Vancouver that is grounding a lot of planes and making the airport a mess. So your team has to fly in that to come to Vancouver. Lucky if they get any sleep because they might not get to the hotel until like 8am. Meanwhile Canucks get a huge rest and have their first game at home without any worries. Anyways, maybe you guys will beat us tomorrow and then Canucks will look like an even bigger piece of crap team, getting beat by a tired Flames team. I'm surprised the NHL didn't make tomorrow's game a NOON game!!!

Thanks for the sympathy bud. we get shafted every year with the schedule so I'm not surprised. Let's hope tomorrow's game is entertaining win or lose

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's only been 2 games but I am very happy with Chiasson thus far, he has been fantastic. I think we should try him on the 2nd PP unit with Tkachuk and Bennett next time out if if continue using Brouwer with Johnny & Monahan.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

This is Wideman's fault!

f1D0KVo.gif

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

This is cringe-worthy LOL.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
The good news is the flames can't possibly be worse than the canucks. They're predicted to be the 30th team by literally everyone

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Are you referring to Letestu's goal? Brodie supposed to be an elite skater but Wideman caught him on the backcheck. how does someone everyone call slow catch an elite skater and then only blame Wideman? That lack of hustle IMO was the most egregious mistake of the night because it was 100% an effort problem.

Was referring to the turnover, poor puck management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad