Post-Game Talk: Game 2 - Carolina 3 @ Vancouver 4 | Parade Planners Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Carolina defense really fell apart. So many errors and bad, bad clearing attempts.

yeah, agreed

it's great that the canucks have two overtime victories in their first two home games (and hopefully puts to rest the 65 point predictors) but the quality of competition so far has been pretty shocking

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
That line's positioning on the forecheck was something to behold tonight. Just a constant nuisance to the Canes breakout. Constantly in lanes, getting sticks on pucks and generating turnovers.

Looked like some real chemistry. Weird line, but hey...if it works, it works. :)

It's not that weird to me. Only thing that's kind of odd is that you've got the playmaker on the wing and the shooter at centre. Otherwise it makes perfect sense as a speedy forechecking line.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I didn't watch this game. I see they did well. Did they switch the lines to what we all wanted?

Yup but they really need to send virtanen down.

Imo sign someone like boyes cheap. Let him be a filler until Rodin is ready . Or just roll with skille for the time being

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Crazy game - was like two entirely separate contests. Team looked punchless early but came back with an absurdly good 2nd half to the game. Lots of encouraging signs in the last 30 mins.

- Sedins were meh ... had a few moments but not overly great. Eriksson was fine and not really any concerns there.

- Sutter line was dynamic. Hansen especially probably had the best passing game of his career. Granlund is much faster right now and using it effectively. Sutter had one of his best games as a Canuck, although he looks godawful on the PP.

- Horvat a much better game, back in a more suitable spot. Baertschi working hard but his timing just looks off. Virtanen is the biggest disappointment right now and letting that line down. Just not moving his feet, no intensity. Needs a kick in the butt to Utica.

- 4th line was terrific, and probably the only line that was good all night. Full points to Dorsett who had maybe his best game as a Canuck - made lots happen with the puck tonight. Gaunce fits that role perfectly and won all kinds of puck battles. Burrows looked heaps better.

- Gudbranson-Hutton had a poor start but got better. Hutton needs to be harder on the puck with better gap control against the rush.

- hate seeing Tanev wasted as a Sbabysitter. We really need a reliable veteran to anchor a 3rd pairing, and as soon as a top-4 guy gets hurt, things are gonna get ugly back there. That said, Larsen had a solid game tonight. Sbisa less so, and was lucky to not put the team SH late with that idiotic hit on Skinner.

- iffy debut for Markstrom. Didn't seem to be tracking the puck well and his rebound control was off, but battled through it.

Worth noting how brutal the ice was. People falling everywhere all night. Hopefully it improves.

Good start but we've seen this before. Very interested to see how we stack up against a legit quality team on Tuesday.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
That line's positioning on the forecheck was something to behold tonight. Just a constant nuisance to the Canes breakout. Constantly in lanes, getting sticks on pucks and generating turnovers.

Looked like some real chemistry. Weird line, but hey...if it works, it works. :)

I would say it's the perfect line on paper and they're actually showing chemistry on the ice too. Two centres, one on the wing, whole line capable of checking and providing offense as well. Hopefully it sticks and keeps working

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Granlund is our most improved player so far. Larsen second in ice time tonight.

Nice comeback.

The little switcheroo getting Larsen out there for all those shifts with Edler as more of a puck-moving pairing was a slick little bit of work by Lidster.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
I think if we get Rodin back at 100% on Bo's line, this is a decent lineup, with good chemistry on all lines. I only saw the last half of the game, I thought Gaunce looked much better at center vs. Wing las night, what do you guys think?

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Granlund plays great and leads the team in points.
Dorsett plays great and makes a sick pass on the game tying goal.
Sutter snipes an unbelievable shot in OT for his second GWG in a row.

It's like we're living in Jim Benning's fever dream.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
What a difference it has been with Bartkowski and Weber in the lineup.

Larsen makes really smart plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad