GDT: Game #2 - 10.11.14 - at Nashville - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's been proven countless of times that the guy should get a stamp up his ass and sent back to europe. He isn't NHL caliber goaltender. It's not worth waking up at middle of the night for another disappointing performance by our backup goaltender.

Rynnäs in goal? Sure, I'd take a chance. Hell, at this point - I'd even give chance to Bryz. But the big statue that gets down once opposing team passes their blueline? No thanks, I'll rather get my beauty sleep.

And how many of those 30 shots were even decent quality? A lot of people here value just shots, a good goalie will catch the easy ones - Much like at some games we were getting outshot but still won because most of them weren't anything Kari had to do major saves on.

Quality over quantity. If goalie can't catch a poor dump in on goal by Weber, you shouldn't be in the net.

Wait, Lindback playing rest of the games is confirmed somewhere? I don't recall quitting on this team, or whole season? Seems like I'm not the only one overreacting. :sarcasm:

Pretty much whole team apart from few players was bad last night, not only Lindback. But the difference is that I know the team will bounce back, he most likely won't.

Well I hope you get your beauty sleep while we get to watch wins, quitter.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just because the backup goalie isn't up to par doesn't mean the other 5 guys on the ice (Cole, Gonchar excluded most nights) aren't worth cheering for and trying their hardest.

It's a long season and it's not a sprint.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
It was a pretty boring game last night. Dallas really couldnt generate very many chances and just didnt seem to have the puck much. On the positive side Oleksiak looked miles better than he did last year. He wasnt throwing huge hits or anything but he showed that he can use his size to push guys around and take the puck.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Eh, give the European fans a break. The games could not be at a worse time for them. I'm actually proud to have as many watching as many games as they do.

Yup. There is nothing worse that stay up late (or wake up early for the finns) only to see the team play like this. It's hard to not be over emotional.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Eh, give the European fans a break. The games could not be at a worse time for them. I'm actually proud to have as many watching as many games as they do.

I'm not pitying someone who chose to follow a North American sport. It's no different than me passionately following rugby or waking up early to catch KHL games.

It was my choice to follow those leagues, so why should I receive different treatment than other fans?

Man up and stick with the team if you feel so passionate about them. Don't ***** and whine about it spew all this negativity 2 games into the season.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Benn is MIA.

If Cole is the answer, we're asking the wrong question.

Horcoff is useless. The sooner he's gone the better.

Jordie playing 20+ minutes is a problem.

Goligoski and Daley are going to play themselves apart as we go on into the season.

Nuke hasn't been great but it would be nice to actually notice Hemsky.

Lindback was fine. Not great but the mess last night was about the "team" in front of him, not his play in net. Dallas was flat out terrible.

The only positives were Oleksiak and Nemeth. They were a good pair and I thought Oleksiak was better than I've ever seen him.

When our best players don't play well Dallas is going to lose. Simple as that.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Horcoff is useless. The sooner he's gone the better.

Nuke hasn't been great but it would be nice to actually notice Hemsky.

Of all players, Horcoff? What was wrong with him last night? He looked fine out there

And I've noticed Hemsky every single time he's been out on the ice. Pure luck is the only reason he doesn't have more than one assist. Val looks completely lose atm.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I'm not pitying someone who chose to follow a North American sport. It's no different than me passionately following rugby or waking up early to catch KHL games.

It was my choice to follow those leagues, so why should I receive different treatment than other fans?

Man up and stick with the team if you feel so passionate about them. Don't ***** and whine about it spew all this negativity 2 games into the season.

Thought you were all in for the tank. :( But seriously, not making any excuses but lack of sleep is going to make you overly negative weather you like it or not.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Horcoff where offense goes to die. He's a pylon in all the wrong ways with stone hands.

I'm not praising Nuke, but I also see no reason to ignore Hemsky's no show. Yeah I've seen him receive Spezza's drop passes but shots from 30+ feet out aren't what he needs to be doing.

The problem with the tank is that Dallas by definition isn't nearly as bad as Carolina, Toronto, Buffalo or Calgary. Though if you're going to tank, this is the year to do it. Eichel is a fantastic consolation prize.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Well I hope you get your beauty sleep while we get to watch wins, quitter.

Thanks, I won't miss too many games though. We all know how the "Less games and fatigue for Kari" plan goes every year. I won't be missing too many games.

Just because the backup goalie isn't up to par doesn't mean the other 5 guys on the ice (Cole, Gonchar excluded most nights) aren't worth cheering for and trying their hardest.

It's a long season and it's not a sprint.

In all honesty, I dumped too much of my frustration purely on Lindback - I should've clarified that I was so "emotional" because of it looked like almost whole team forgot to show up. Or would you say team's performance was up to par last night?

Yup. There is nothing worse that stay up late (or wake up early for the finns) only to see the team play like this. It's hard to not be over emotional.

I admit I did came off as bit whiney because of the frustrating loss. I apologize for that - I usually don't even bother posting here after a loss because I tend to be short on positive sides after a game like last night's.

Sorry for that.

Do tell, where did I ask for your pity? You could've posted "Ok" or completely ignored my point, and moved on. But, You chose to keep posting about my decision to not watch the games with our crappy backup. Calling me a quitter is blowing it out of proportion. I don't know how passionately you follow rugby or wake up early to catch KHL games, but I don't think you watch full seasons either. I'm bound to miss a game or two - I'm not a vampire. Having a incompetent back up goalie makes it easier to choose games where to just have a proper good night's sleep.

I do stick up to my team, but I do criticize them if I see fit. Call me a quitter or whatever - I don't care.

But enough with this ****. Time to look forward to game #3.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
We spent that draft year fantasizing about drafting him, but we're never bad enough to get good picks.

lol'd

Cheap shot of the night!

I won't tack on anything here other than it was nice to see a tense game between two budding rivalries end with no injuries. It got chippy, but no one got hurt :yo:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
You do it for the love of the game and team!

I watched ~120 NHL games live last season + playoffs... Most of the f***ers starting at 3AM :laugh: Sleep is for the weak!

Jordie playing 20+ minutes is a problem.

If he keeps playing like he did in the first game and most of the second, that won't be a problem. One of (if not the) most solid guys out there on D for those games.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
lol'd

Cheap shot of the night!

I won't tack on anything here other than it was nice to see a tense game between two budding rivalries end with no injuries. It got chippy, but no one got hurt :yo:

Its not a cheap shot. This board really did fantasize about picking him but we have never been able to truly tank and get in a good draft position. This team for years went on late season runs only to barely miss the playoffs.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Thanks, I won't miss too many games though. We all know how the "Less games and fatigue for Kari" plan goes every year. I won't be missing too many games.

In all honesty, I dumped too much of my frustration purely on Lindback - I should've clarified that I was so "emotional" because of it looked like almost whole team forgot to show up. Or would you say team's performance was up to par last night?

I admit I did came off as bit whiney because of the frustrating loss. I apologize for that - I usually don't even bother posting here after a loss because I tend to be short on positive sides after a game like last night's.

Sorry for that.

Do tell, where did I ask for your pity? You could've posted "Ok" or completely ignored my point, and moved on. But, You chose to keep posting about my decision to not watch the games with our crappy backup. Calling me a quitter is blowing it out of proportion. I don't know how passionately you follow rugby or wake up early to catch KHL games, but I don't think you watch full seasons either. I'm bound to miss a game or two - I'm not a vampire. Having a incompetent back up goalie makes it easier to choose games where to just have a proper good night's sleep.

I do stick up to my team, but I do criticize them if I see fit. Call me a quitter or whatever - I don't care.

But enough with this ****. Time to look forward to game #3.

Don't worry I still love you :)

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Why don't the European guys just get that one program that is like GCL but cheaper, ahem. You can watch games on delay. I often have class and can't watch evening games, I just make sure to go out of my way not to get the games ruined for me and watch them later that night or even the next day. It sure as hell beats getting up at 3AM.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Why don't the European guys just get that one program that is like GCL but cheaper, ahem. You can watch games on delay. I often have class and can't watch evening games, I just make sure to go out of my way not to get the games ruined for me and watch them later that night or even the next day. It sure as hell beats getting up at 3AM.

[GCL works fine, on-demand watching and all...]

But, it's too much hassle of trying to not get the outcome ruined. Since pretty much it would have to wait until the afternoon and trying to not get in on hockey talk in hockey crazy country is hard. Even a coffee break would be hard, nevertheless a whole day at work/school. Besides, watching live is so much better :laugh:

3AM takes commitment fo sure :laugh: morning classes take a slight hit. Sure one could wait until 5.30am, watch the game in 1,5h and start the morning, but for me it doesn't have much of a difference. I can go to sleep after the game easily. sleep skillzz

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
yea I know I couldn't delay the game. I find it hard to watch any sport knowing it's not live. I.E. NBC primetime for these past couple Olympic games

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Jesus man. Basically all he said was that it sucks waking up in the middle of the night to watch a game you almost definitely know the outcome to. You're free to talk down to him/them for doing so, but I sure as hell won't. I'm an American living in Asia and I feel the same way sometimes, and I don't even have to watch games at like 4-5 a.m.

Nobody made them follow a NA sport but I think even you can recognize that a fan of a certain sport would often like to follow the best possible league in that sport.

Everybody needs to calm the **** down. It's been two games. Some of you sounded like you were planning the parade route after opening night, now the pendulum swung the other direction.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't have any problem delaying watching the game. Not watching it live doesn't bother me at all unless it's the playoffs. With GCL is it possible to start a game after it's started, same with DVR type of recordings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad