GDT: Game #2 - 10.11.14 - at Nashville - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Almost all our minuses tonight were our top players...

Goligoski -4
Daley -3
Jamie Benn -3
Seguin -3
Hemsky -2
Spezza -2
Nuke -1
Sceviour -1

Jordie, Roussel, Eakin, and Garbutt all +1...

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Nuke getting put with Fiddler and Horcoff wasn't a demotion, it was an escape from the black hole that was Benn & Seguin tonight.

And what's this? Goligoski overmatched again?

What a surprise!

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I would love to know our record with our back up playing the last 7 seasons now. Hm.

I started looking it up but got lazy, so here's what I got, and it's not good.

Auld: 9-6-0 3.00, .894
Raycroft: 10-13-0 (2010-11 2.83, .910) (2011-2012 3.52, .898)
Bachman: 14-10-1 (2011-12 2.77, .910) (2012-13 3.25, .885)
Nihlstorp: 1-3-1 3.09, .897
Ellis: 5-6-1 3.04, .900
Thomas: 2-4-1 2.97, .902

The closest thing to a good backup we had was Raycroft and Bachman for a single season each.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
But did Dallas play awful before or after the soft goals? It was winnable for a time.

The Stars played like crap pretty much the whole game. Halfway through the 2nd period the Stars had something like 8 shots on goal and very little sustained pressure in the offensive zone at any point in the game. The goals against were not the turning point in this game, there really wasn't one.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I can't watch the game until late tomorrow. How bad was it? Should I be drunk before I start?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Skip it. Pretend it never happened. There is no entertainment to be had here.

I concur. One of the more difficult games to watch. This is one where the stats tell the story.

unrelated...why did Lindback start? Was this one of those coach trying to get everybody involved things?

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I concur. One of the more difficult games to watch. This is one where the stats tell the story.

unrelated...why did Lindback start? Was this one of those coach trying to get everybody involved things?

They said it was predetermined before the season on the radio. I bet it had to do with playing his old team and what you suggested about getting everyone into games. Eaves and Connauton didn't play bad enough to get benched in game one, but now everyone that's up has been in a game.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Now, who goes out for Eaves or does he just sit?

Sceviour or Cole would be my guesses. The only other option would be Horcoff if everyone is healthy, which I think is very unlikely. I guess maybe Garbutt or Roussel if Ruff was angry with their antics in the 3rd.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I love the rivalry that's building between our two teams. It's clear that the West needs some new ones. I hate you all and I mean that in the best way possible. :laugh:

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Oh for **** sake. Not another one of these guys.

"I won't watch another game with [name awful bender of a keeper here] in net again"

Get a grip.

It's been proven countless of times that the guy should get a stamp up his ass and sent back to europe. He isn't NHL caliber goaltender. It's not worth waking up at middle of the night for another disappointing performance by our backup goaltender.

Rynnäs in goal? Sure, I'd take a chance. Hell, at this point - I'd even give chance to Bryz. But the big statue that gets down once opposing team passes their blueline? No thanks, I'll rather get my beauty sleep.

What was so bad about Lindback? 30 shots against and he let a couple in..

Lot more to complain about in this game than a backup goalie who played pretty well.

And how many of those 30 shots were even decent quality? A lot of people here value just shots, a good goalie will catch the easy ones - Much like at some games we were getting outshot but still won because most of them weren't anything Kari had to do major saves on.

Quality over quantity. If goalie can't catch a poor dump in on goal by Weber, you shouldn't be in the net.

Agreed on this. 2.4% of the way through the season and all is already lost for some people here.

Wait, Lindback playing rest of the games is confirmed somewhere? I don't recall quitting on this team, or whole season? Seems like I'm not the only one overreacting. :sarcasm:

Pretty much whole team apart from few players was bad last night, not only Lindback. But the difference is that I know the team will bounce back, he most likely won't.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Sceviour or Cole would be my guesses. The only other option would be Horcoff if everyone is healthy, which I think is very unlikely. I guess maybe Garbutt or Roussel if Ruff was angry with their antics in the 3rd.

I can understand Roussel's reaction to the huge hit. Garbutt's blatant interference call late in the game with us only down a pair was about as immature a penalty you could take...completely pointless. Maybe he didn't want take an instigator in the last 5 minutes and was trying to fight? That's the best explanation I've got, but I don't believe myself. Garbutt is an idiot. He should be wearing a tiny propellar on top of his helmet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad