GDT: Game 19: Columbus at Chicago | 2/24 7:00 PM EST

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
yes...keep the center that can't win faceoffs, gets knocked off the puck easily, but can be dangerous in 3 game spurts

You can't defend Carter and them become incredibly tr00 when it comes to evaluating Brassard's play. Doesn't work like that.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Are you still bitter about your boy Carter?

huh? i this has nothing to do with him...i said all along there we got the wrong Flyers player...i'm not bitter at all, except for the ones that refuse to realize he was probably gonna be our leading goal scorer while mailing it in...

TBJF

Brick by Ga-borik
Apr 23, 2003
Central Hiya
Not a bad first period

I think Chicago is kind of waiting for the CBJ to lose it. I would expect some harsh words in the Blackhawks locker room.

It really would be amazing if they were to hold on and find a way to win this thing!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I am going to get **** for this but the want for Brassard to get traded is unwarranted. Only player who isn't a north south predictable grinder who can be dangerous.

Me and you seem to be the only Brassard supporters left.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
huh? i this has nothing to do with him...i said all along there we got the wrong Flyers player...i'm not bitter at all, except for the ones that refuse to realize he was probably gonna be our leading goal scorer while mailing it in...

Well it doesn't really matter considering he never wanted to be here. Brassard at least buys in and is making our "1st" line somewhat dangerous. But hey let's get rid of him for a 2nd rounder because our AHL guys will step up :laugh:.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
That was a great first period. The defense was great and our back checking and offense were quick and efficient. Had some real great scoring opportunities. Brassard and Erixon both had great 1st periods.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Well it doesn't really matter considering he never wanted to be here. Brassard at least buys in and is making our "1st" line somewhat dangerous. But hey let's get rid of him for a 2nd rounder because our AHL guys will step up :laugh:.

i'm not saying to trade him for scraps...but what in my post was incorrect?

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
I am going to get **** for this but the want for Brassard to get traded is unwarranted. Only player who isn't a north south predictable grinder who can be dangerous.

He never has played up to expectations. He is NOT considered a Top 6 player by the rest of the NHL, yet makes 3.2 Mill. Youre certainly not going to play him on your 3rd line. Defense isnt necessarily his strong suit, he doesnt win a whole lot of faceoffs, so youre not gonna put him on your 4th line. But even then, youre not gonna pay a 3.2 Mill guy to play on your bottom 6 regardless.

So thats why he is frustrating and also impossible to trade. Nobody wants a bottom 6 guy, for what he is, for that much money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad