GDT: Game 18: Columbus at Boston | 11/14 7PM EST

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
The "team" that played tonight deserved to win that game. The "team" playing in front of Bob saved his ass as many times as he saved theirs. *sigh*

Paisano*

Yeah, totally... :shakehead:

I really don't want to hear anyone putting this on Bob.
Not blaming the loss on Bob....but... He was not screened, no trick moves, it was straight five hole, Vezina winners make that save!

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Got a problem with it? Not on Bob, but if we want to be a playoff team he has to make that save.
I agree, but the other two goals were freak deflections. And goalies on good teams may not be put in the position to make that save. Disappointed it came down to one mistake. Thought we deserved that one, which is great in Boston.

3 game point streak. This is how the last run started. :naughty:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not blaming the loss on Bob....but... He was not screened, no trick moves, it was straight five hole, Vezina winners make that save!

did it ever occur to you that maybe that's what makes the shot so hard to stop? Lucic does that all the time, and it works.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The problem is, he needed to push across the net to stay centered with Lucic, which is damn near impossible for any goalie to do while keeping the five hole closed. It's exactly how Cam scored on Holtby.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I agree, but the other two goals were freak deflections. And goalies on good teams may not be put in the position to make that save. Disappointed it came down to one mistake. Thought we deserved that one, which is great in Boston.

Our players have to quit deflecting it past Bob.

As I said the last game. If you are going to lose, do it in OT. We are treading water right now. That 3 point swing with Washington hurt, but they probably were going to make the playoffs and Boston definitely is.

Now we need to win at home before the real road trip.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't mind if we keep running with Richards' lines from the second half of the game, at least for another:

Dubi-Johan-Cam
Foligno-Chaput-Gaborik
Letestu-Mackenzie-Comeau
Boll-Anisimov-Umberger

Were these the lines y'all saw?

Paisano*

did it ever occur to you that maybe that's what makes the shot so hard to stop? Lucic does that all the time, and it works.
Never said it was easy, but I've seen shots like that saved many times, I repeat Vezina winners make that save, that's how good teams win games.....we are not a good team...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If the Jackets are for real they will crush the Habs in our barn tomorrow.... if the CBJ get embarrassed in our HOUSE they may as well pack up JD and send him back to Saint Louis....

Get on it John!!!!

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I'm optimistic, but there's one kinda big difference. Last year when we started grinding out points Bob was better than this.

bizzz*

I'm really mad. And I never mad when the team puts poor effort. But tonight they played really good hockey, in the 2nd period they dominated Boston. We need those points badly and just let them slip away.
Well, if you wanna put this loss on someone, look at Americans. Cam and Jack. Wiz as usually with a few dumb defensive plays like throwing the puck through the middle of his own zone and other bad decisions.
Finally a good game from Nikitin. His smartness allowed the Jackets to tie the game up and he was good in all aspects.
Foligno has shown again how important he is for this team. Even if he didn't score a goal.
Murray and Joey are the future cornerstones for this franchise. Can't be more pleasant about the kids.
And still mad at Cam.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm really mad. And I never mad when the team puts poor effort. But tonight they played really good hockey, in the 2nd period they dominated Boston. We need those points badly and just let them slip away.
Well, if you wanna put this loss on someone, look at Americans. Cam and Jack. Wiz as usually with a few dumb defensive plays like throwing the puck through the middle of his own zone and other bad decisions.
Finally a good game from Nikitin. His smartness allowed the Jackets to tie the game up and he was good in all aspects.
Foligno has shown again how important he is for this team. Even if he didn't score a goal.
Murray and Joey are the future cornerstones for this franchise. Can't be more pleasant about the kids.
And still mad at Cam.

Hey now, Foligno and Dubinsky are Americans.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Never said it was easy, but I've seen shots like that saved many times, I repeat Vezina winners make that save, that's how good teams win games.....we are not a good team...

Obviously, we're last in our division. Our record says we aren't a good team. as many times as I have seen that shot get stopped, I've seen it go in. Especially with Lucic. You say Vezina winners make that save easily, obviously not if Bobrovsky couldn't get it. I knew exactly where Lucic was going, maybe Bob did too, but didn't know when he would release it.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Effort was there tonight, but we scored only 2 goals against a rookie backup and they were from 4th line players.

Team won't sniff the playoff chase or be in the discussion until we start scoring more goals.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
2 games in a row with aggressive team play, tonight less stupid mistakes and an increase level of confident play. I like the direction we are heading.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Effort was there tonight, but we scored only 2 goals against a rookie backup and they were from 4th line players.

Team won't sniff the playoff chase or be in the discussion until we start scoring more goals.

That's normal for Boston. They give up less than 2 goals per game and it's only a bit over 2 with their backup.

Also Foligno is middle-six, not 4th liner.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Points in 3 straight games - or have lost 7 of the last 8 games. They need to start putting up W's.

True.... but at least a point a game gives us hope for the Nathan Horton debut....

After that I would tell Gaborik your done.... that dude is a bigger waste of money than RJ and RJ is at least working now and then...

If I was Duby I'd give pretty boy Gaborik a CODE RED.... or just tell him to stay home as the guy is useless at this time in history.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Heck of a game tonight by the guys! This is the game we need to play, period. Can't be happy with the losses stacking up, but I'll take 2 points out of 4 against Washington and Boston considering where this team is right now. Not helping the ROW any, but you have to take what you can get. Hopefully we come out that same way tomorrow at home.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
True.... but at least a point a game gives us hope for the Nathan Horton debut....

After that I would tell Gaborik your done.... that dude is a bigger waste of money than RJ and RJ is at least working now and then...

If I was Duby I'd give pretty boy Gaborik a CODE RED.... or just tell him to stay home as the guy is useless at this time in history.

I agree on Gaborik. Don't like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad