Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
GAME #18
BRUINS @ LEAFS

FRI 10-NOV @ 7:00 PM
AIR CANADA CENTRE | TSN4

ddxCDzj.jpg

MOD Note:

As with all GDT's trashing Leafs player is not permitted.

This is a support thread.

Trolling will not be tolerated and you will be thread banned.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Huge weekend...really sucks that we'll likely be without Auston but hopefully we can improve from the shitshow that was Wednesday.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Atlantic games are too important. Wouldn't be surprised if Matthews and Andersen played both and then got 4 days off.

Reactions: iSophagus

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I really going to watch Nylander vs. Pastrnak in these 2 games as a sub plot to the games themselves.

Nylander likely going to be inspired to show Leafs management that he is as good as Pastrnak with these head to head matchup weekend games.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm not too concerned about the lines. Without Matthews in the lineup, any line combos will be temporary. No sense in trying something new if it all has to be shuffled around again when Matthews gets back. That's why I think he went back with JVR - Bozak - Marner. They've played a lot together, so might as well have a familiar line for the next few games. When Matthews comes back, we can hopefully get some better lines more set in stone.

Reactions: Once

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
And what exactly has Leivo done to stand out and earn a spot there? Nothing is the answer.

This is not really a fair argument for Leivo, because even when he does prove himself (5 goals in 12 games two years ago, 10 points in 13 games last year) he gets the shaft because of how loaded we are on the wings and Babcock will always favour the vet in that situation.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
And what exactly has Leivo done to stand out and earn a spot there? Nothing is the answer.

Oh I don't know about that, he was quite good last game when most of the rest of the team wasn't. Whatever, I don't care too much where Leivo plays, as long as he plays. I'm sick of seeing that Marner/JVR/Bozak line though, would give that combo a loooooooong rest. Come to think of it, I'm sick of Bozak and JVR together. Oh well.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
This is not really a fair argument for Leivo, because even when he does prove himself (5 goals in 12 games two years ago, 10 points in 13 games last year) he gets the shaft because of how loaded we are on the wings and Babcock will always favour the vet in that situation.

I think the problem is Leivo has to beat out one of Marner, JVR or Nylander. The only real vet is JVR and JVR is a better player.

Until we get injuries or a trade he just doesn't fit on the top nine.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I really going to watch Nylander vs. Pastrnak in these 2 games as a sub plot to the games themselves.

Nylander likely going to be inspired to show Leafs management that he is as good as Pastrnak with these head to head matchup weekend games.

With no Matthews, the door is wide open for Willie to step up. I am sure Babs and company would welcome an inspired Nylander showing that he is as good or better than Pasta.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

Babcock has even said he wishes Willie could play against Pastrnak every game since he always elevates his game. Hoping for big things from him this weekend.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
? The lines posted were from yesterdays practice ? what are the lines at todays? I thought they practice around 1130 to 1230 no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad