GDT: Game 18 - Anaheim Ducks vs St. Louis Blues, 5pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really missing Zegras and Drysdale now. Team didn’t even play bad, just cannot score. I was expecting a .500 team this year, but like to get that 10th win before the quarter mark which is 2 games away,and get a couple of games above .500.

I get that goal was off-sides but it pisses me off, Leo loses an assist from a great play , and Vaak get’s another goal taken away. I honestly had it after that, then they were down 0-3, it’s like WTF??

Again was the right call but the league rules just seem to rarely favor the Ducks. Was very deflating.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We're exactly where most of us thought we would be, probably even a bit better. I was expecting 75-ish points going in and we're on pace for 82

75 points likely gets us a top 7-8 pick

Well technically we are 10-8-0 or 9-8-1 at worst. Oh and Leo has 9 points now in 12 games, and Vaak has his first NHL goal, F the league. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The early season exciting team has transitioned to this boring group of bland try-hards. Hard to stay awake for.

You were prophetic about winning with so many comebacks that it would come to bite us in the ass. Team got too accustomed to turning it on in the third period than learning to start right from the drop of the puck in the first.

Overall, we're ahead of where I expected us to be. The last few games has me more focused on the message boards than the actual game.

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
I saw only the 2nd half-ish of the game but to me McT made way more frustrating plays than Terry did

Yeah I agree. McT looked like he checked out after he scored his goal and made a handful of uncharacteristic flubs

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Stephens has a lengthy article this morning. Cronin identified two things that need improvement: 1) dump & chase needs to be done and 2) controlling bad turnovers. Cronin also identified the team's lack of energy, especially against a team playing on a b2b situation.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Unfortunately the Ducks have reverted to their 50/50 passing.

Way too often when they control the puck, someone decides to make an ill advised pass that becomes a turnover.

John

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Puddy Staring GIF - Puddy Staring Bored - Discover & Share GIFs

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Does anyone else feel like all the line changes did was make a bunch of mediocre lines that could generate some offensive zone time but not so much actual dangerous scoring chances?
Yes.

Cronin mentioned wanting to put guys that can win board battles with guys that are more perimeter players, but I think he spread what little talent we have too thin across the top 3 lines.

None of them really had any identity other than, to your point, being mediocre.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I really wish we’d implement the swirl that the Avs and Coyotes do. I think we have 2 lines that are capable of it and I think some of our dmen could handle it too (certain Minty and I think Lacombe could grow into that too)

I’ve actually seen them do it a little bit this year but not consistently and it isn’t nearly as fast as those teams.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really wish we’d implement the swirl that the Avs and Coyotes do. I think we have 2 lines that are capable of it and I think some of our dmen could handle it too (certain Minty and I think Lacombe could grow into that too)

I’ve actually seen them do it a little bit this year but not consistently and it isn’t nearly as fast as those teams.
"Best I can do is swarm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad