Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Eh we’re missing our 2nd best dmen
Our leading scorer from last year
And a significant boost to our bottom 6 with Lundy

Was going to be a tough stretch
i keep forgetting lundy exists. im sure things will get better once the team is healthy, but we have no time frame for that at all and it's so frustrating.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Strome can get a pass, he’s been above average this year

Terry has been essentially shit all year, he’s got to be the luckiest player in the league in terms of undeserved points

Henrique has been meh for 3 years but he’ll make a good play every 5 games or so and people will want to resign him
True on all counts. But still that line started off as the only one looking truly dangerous and having a vet like him start to get worse and worse every shift makes mounting a comeback even harder.

And I agree. I mean Henrique, to me, would be a solid fourth liner on a team like Boston, Vegas, Colorado, etc. But he's deployed like a 2-3rd line utility guy. He's just not consistent enough in the role anymore. If you're looking at guys that you'd phase out for new acquisitions or graduated prospects, he's the first guy I'm looking at in the forward core honestly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i keep forgetting lundy exists. im sure things will get better once the team is healthy, but we have no time frame for that at all and it's so frustrating.
Def annoying… the whole situation is kinda annoying having 2 impactful young players miss camp with new coach and system . Now both injured

Reactions: dracom

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Over 8 minutes, 30 seconds on the PK, being shared on the telecast. That's close to 10 minutes of shortie play, which represents 1/6th of the game. That's robbing our top-6 from being on the ice to do any damage as well as stay in the flow of the game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
True on all counts. But still that line started off as the only one looking truly dangerous and having a vet like him start to get worse and worse every shift makes mounting a comeback even harder.

And I agree. I mean Henrique, to me, would be a solid fourth liner on a team like Boston, Vegas, Colorado, etc. But he's deployed like a 2-3rd line utility guy. He's just not consistent enough in the role anymore. If you're looking at guys that you'd phase out for new acquisitions or graduated prospects, he's the first guy I'm looking at in the forward core honestly.

Ya Henrique / silf should be gone this year.

Jones needs to earn his spot, he’s been better the last couple games but consistency is a big factor for him.

I’m okay with strome becoming the new Henrique on the team

Reactions: HanSolo

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ya Henrique / silf should be gone this year.

Jones needs to earn his spot, he’s been better the last couple games but consistency is a big factor for him.

I’m okay with strome becoming the new Henrique on the team
Henrique and silf undersized players on their last legs. Will be nice to replace them. I appreciate the careers they’ve had for us. Just time to move on for them as well. Strome being the new Henrique, I’d take strome 10/10 he will play physical and fight if needed and provides more overall play than Henrique

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Henrique and silf undersized players on their last legs. Will be nice to replace them. I appreciate the careers they’ve had for us. Just time to move on for them as well. Strome being the new Henrique, I’d take strome 10/10 he will play physical and fight if needed and provides more overall play than Henrique

You know how Strome played last year and earned the nickname Stroke. Yeah, I don't want that again and Rico was the better, overall player. Rico PK's and Strome doesn't.

right now, Early Strome has gone missing in action. I need more high level consistency if Strome is to replace Rico.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Carlsson was making nice plays again tonight, hopefully when Z comes back he can work well on his line when it doesn’t include Terry. Strome needs to be pushed down the lineup until he can be effective again.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
This one is just about a lack of finish and skill up front. We don’t have anywhere near enough and it really shows against tight-checking teams like STL.

Yeah, I feel like Verbeek is going to have to find multiple high end top six guys outside the org in the next few years, whether through trade or free agency. High end forward talent is a wasteland in our system per usual, outside of mayyyybee Sidorov who is still a 2nd/3rd line winger at best in the NHL if everything breaks right for him.

We have too many unselfish, "creator" types with mediocre to average NHL finishing ability. When Vatrano is the best sniper on your team by far that's saying something.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I feel like Verbeek is going to have to find multiple high end top six guys outside the org in the next few years, whether through trade or free agency. High end forward talent is a wasteland in our system per usual, outside of mayyyybee Sidorov who is still a 2nd/3rd line winger at best in the NHL if everything breaks right for him.

We have too many unselfish, "creator" types with mediocre to average NHL finishing ability. When Vatrano is the best sniper on your team by far that's saying something.
Fully agree. It’s why I always like to respond to murmurs of us being no worse than the average team drafting forwards outside the first round with Madden. It’s just not the case at all (games played isn’t an acceptable measure), there’ve been some really tough misses which have been costly.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I want to know why the team isn’t hitting any more. For years they’ve played better when hitting.

I’m also filling a lot of this under “what undermanned rosters manage when players are playing above their proper position”. You get about 10-15 games worth of adrenaline and then they come back to earth.
Agree the hitting has been non existent.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I want to know why the team isn’t hitting any more. For years they’ve played better when hitting.

I’m also filling a lot of this under “what undermanned rosters manage when players are playing above their proper position”. You get about 10-15 games worth of adrenaline and then they come back to earth.

Lack of skating, hitting and instead a whole lot of reaching and stick checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad