Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche - 6pm PT, BSSC (Ducks lose, by a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
It was like last season where I just started fast-forwarding once the goals against started to pile up.

16 Times 'Seinfeld' Perfectly Described Life With Chronic Illness

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It’s a lot to ask of lacombe to play top mins on his offside w/ someone who isn’t exactly known for being a defensive stalwart.

I don’t think lybushkin is good, but he compliments Mintyukov enough to make the pairing decent…. Also a bit of security for Mintyukov and allows him to play his game.

I wouldn’t mind seeing lacombe + gudas pairing. But that leaves fowler with Vaaks which prob isn’t pretty either.

Been there, did that earlier in the season. Did we forget the progression of how LaCombe got to the top pairing?

• Start of the season D-pairs,
    Record = 1-1-0
    • Fowler-Drysdale
    • LaCombe-Gudas
    • Mintyukov-Lyubushkin
  • After Drysdale got injured,
    Record = 0-2-0
    • Fowler-Luneau
    • LaCombe-Gudas
    • Mintyukov-Lyubushkin
That Luneau experiment lasted 2 games.

• After Luneau's experiment,
    Record = Vaaks only 0-1-0,
    Record = Vaaks/LaCombe: 1-0-0:
    ................... Vaaks got replaced on the top line by LaCombe in-game.
    • Fowler-Vaaks
    • LaCombe-Gudas
    • Mintyukov-Lyubushkin
Vaaks lasted a game and a half; got replaced by LaCombe. That lead to our current pairing and pairing levels.

• Current D pairings,
    Record = 7-3-0
    • Fowler-LaCombe
    • Mintyukov-Lyubushkin
    • Vaaks-Gudas
I think people take a few bad shifts and believe LaCombe and/or Fowler have completely shit the bed all game. Nope. Bad shifts happen to all players. Yet, when taken into a whole, the top line does do a lot of sheltering that doesn't get recognition. The same feeling with Lyubushkin. Lyubushkin leads the team in blocked shots with 43, while his partner, Mintyukov, has 18 blocked shots.

We have found a suitable dynamic after cycling through three defenders when Drysdale fell to injury. LaCombe is playing the defensive role with Fowler. LaCombe has played all four years in college on his off-side, RD. It's not a big problem like many of you are making it out to be with LaCombe playing on his off-side. The big problem is a rookie playing as a top pair against the other team's top offensive threats.

I keep hearing so many complaints about LaCombe, but I don't hear possible replacement solutions. You wanna throw Vaaks back up there again on his off-side? The AHL doesn't have anyone down there producing well.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
I'm not saying this was a good loss or anything but it was a reality check in terms of how far this team still needs to go

Reactions: Yemeth

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I'm not saying this was a good loss or anything but it was a reality check in terms of how far this team still needs to go
It’s a good loss, the team needed a good ass kicking. Now they can come back down to earth and try to start going into the third with a lead themselves.

Reactions: snowave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad