Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche - 6pm PT, BSSC (Ducks lose, by a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Today was just a stinker for the team, with very few positives. It's okay. It happens. It happened to the Avs a week ago on the same ice with the same results, but the Avs on the losing end. It's one game out of 82. Let's bounce back from this on Friday.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Stopped counting after two periods, but 3/10 penalties called on the Avs.

Too bad we didn't test Georgiev at all. He's truly a remarkably bad goaltender.

Reactions: ff8

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This had all the ingredients of a beat down.

Fresh young players against a fast championship calibre team, in a back to back, off a big win.

We got thumped but to be honest I don’t really care that much. I’m more interested to see how we respond Friday, I think that will tell us where we are as a team more then this.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Cronin has to use this as a learning experience that pushing so hard to comeback in the 3rd wears a team down.

The Ducks need faster starts and can’t throw away the first. They need to play well enough early so the other team has to play at a frantic pace to catch up.

John

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For some perspective Vaak - Gudas pairing were both a +1, will leave it at that. Actually won’t, the Fowler - LaCombe pairing is not working. Good skilled teams are going to expose them.

I expected a loss but not like this. They literally stopped skating in the 3rd. Hate to make excuses but back to back, travel, elevation, against a fresh rested team? Yeah these are the results.

Win tomorrow and maybe this game never happened. Florida is playing tonight.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
For some perspective Vaak - Gudas pairing were both a +1, will leave it at that. Actually won’t, the Fowler - LaCombe pairing is not working. Good skilled teams are going to expose them.

I expected a loss but not like this. They literally stopped skating in the 3rd. Hate to make excuses but back to back, travel, elevation, against a fresh rested team? Yeah these are the results.

Sometimes it’s better to lose like this than any other kind of loss. Team needs to do actual soul searching and can come out on the other side hungrier than before

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
2 steps forward, 1 step back.

The Duck's record is probably better than their play has been. Outside some fluke comeback goals, they probably should be at .500 or under already.

However, no matter how they finish the season, even if they get to the playoffs, they are going to have some crap games. Especially on the 2nd of back to back and going up to Colorado altitude and playing against a good team with some dominating players. Its not like the Duck's have some shutdown line ready for a playoff series matchup or even really consistent lines or lineup at this point.
If you are goina enjoy the fluke wins you gotta expect the well deserved losses :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

It’s a lot to ask of lacombe to play top mins on his offside w/ someone who isn’t exactly known for being a defensive stalwart.

I don’t think lybushkin is good, but he compliments Mintyukov enough to make the pairing decent…. Also a bit of security for Mintyukov and allows him to play his game.

I wouldn’t mind seeing lacombe + gudas pairing. But that leaves fowler with Vaaks which prob isn’t pretty either.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad