Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche - 6pm PT, BSSC (Ducks lose, by a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche
6pm PT, BSSC

IMG_4721.gif
IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4600.jpeg

Ducks Projected Line up

Alex Killorn -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Mason McTavish -- Ryan Strome
Max Jones -- Adam Henrique -- Jakob Silfverberg
Brock McGinn -- Sam Carrick -- Benoit-Oliver Groulx

Cam Fowler -- Jackson LaCombe
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas

Lukas Dostal
John Gibson

Scratched:
Ross Johnston, Brett Leason

Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Trevor Zegras (lower body)

IMG_4885.png
Avalanche Projected Line up

Valeri Nichushkin -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen
Jonathan Drouin -- Ryan Johansen -- Tomas Tatar
Miles Wood -- Ross Colton -- Logan O’Connor
Andrew Cogliano -- Fredrik Olofsson -- Joel Kiviranta

Devon Toews -- Cale Makar
Bowen Byram -- Samuel Girard
Jack Johnson -- Caleb Jones

Alexandar Georgiev
Ivan Prosvetov

Scratched:
Kurtis MacDermid, Sam Malinski
Injured: Artturi Lehkonen (upper body), Josh Manson (upper body)

IMG_4892.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4890.jpeg

IMG_4889.gif
IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is confusing me. We have 4 wins when trailing after 2 and 6 wins when trailing after 1 OR 2.
See: NHL Stats
Do they mean that we complete the come-from-behind in the 3rd period each time or something?

I believe it’s anytime they are trailing and come back to win.

Basically ,The games that they get scored on first and end up winning them that is what they are counting.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Three more games this week. I suspect he plays tonight but doesn't play one of the two games later in the week?
I found it kind of odd he played in what, 5/6 straight games and all of a sudden they are going to resume the 2 games a week thing? I know he isn't playing on both games of back to backs yet.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I found it kind of odd he played in what, 5/6 straight games and all of a sudden they are going to resume the 2 games a week thing? I know he isn't playing on both games of back to backs yet.
Lots of home games in there mixed in with a winning streak.

Reactions: ducks8

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
After last night's broadcast, really have to appreciate Ahlers and Hazy. It did get better though after the Duck tied it, seemed the homer-ism switched to the Ducks. But if they said "Smashville" one more time was gonna mute it, lol.
As a Colorado fan, let me just say you guys have one of the better announcing teams in the league. Avs team by comparison sucks ass and everyone knows it. I'm not a big Hayward fan, but that's more of a subjective thing for me.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
After last night's broadcast, really have to appreciate Ahlers and Hazy. It did get better though after the Duck tied it, seemed the homer-ism switched to the Ducks. But if they said "Smashville" one more time was gonna mute it, lol.
Absolutely unprofessional for them to refer to Nashville as Smashville in a "national" broadcast. Leave that crap to their crappy announce team.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't expect to win, but I expect effort for the whole game.

...who am I kidding, I expect only 3rd period effort AND a win.

Don't even know how Colorado is this year. Playing last night and traveling is going to be tough but throw some fresh bodies in there, one of them being 6'3" :sarcasm:and could go a long way.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like they were just talking more about which ever team was playing better. :/
Yup that’s why it switched towards the end. The “Smashville” thing was just a little inappropriate. Imo.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Don't think Leo plays tonight. Expect him in Friday and Sunday's game.

I'm usually wrong, so am posting this. lol.
This. People need to not be so hung up on the “Two games a week!” thing and look at the spacing on when he plays. He played 10/21 (Saturday), then skipped the next two games and played Thursday and Saturday - had a 4 day break. The following week had only 2 games - Monday and Wednesday, he played both. 3 day break until Sunday 11/5, then also played Tuesday and Friday. Friday was the extra day when Zegras was out, you’d assume that was scheduled as an off day to give another 4 day break until Sunday the 12th vs the Sharks. If he takes off both the away games this week, he gets another 4 day break.

It’s not the number of games in a week, and it’s not trying to “rest” him. It’s finding the time to workout and actually build his body up rather than tear it down. It’s also not a suicide pact to lose, so if he plays an extra game here and there due to roster issues, that’s not them being inconsistent. It also appears to be a normal Sunday-Saturday ”week”.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Yet. Gibby and Gudas didn't get one of the 3-stars in the game SMH
I'm not sure it's just the broadcast media the votes for that. Someone mentioned a few weeks back and also that those votes are turned in before the game ends so there is time not accounted for.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad