GDT: Game 15: Columbus at Phoenix | 2/16 8:00 PM EST

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Other than the part where the fans are giving money to the team that in turn is giving money to said moot person to use the song.

I had a response but after some thought I nixed it, I don't really know what you are talking about...

(Having said that.... those royalties you are abscessed with no longer exist in any term most would consider an asset..... you are using that an excuse and nothing more)

Last edited:

QTMcWhiskers

Playoff Avatar Stays
Jun 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
100options.bandcamp.com
FranktheTank.jpg

What a poor NHL game by both teams.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Rangers fan here--if Dubi went out and didn't return, he's likely out for a bit. He played on a broken leg for us once (for a little over a week). The only reason he'd leave a game is if he wasn't physically capable of playing.

fox2usp

Inbred Cat
Jul 2, 2008
Pumpkinville, Ohio
I had a response but after some thought I nixed it, I don't really know what you are talking about...

(Having said that.... those royalties you are abscessed with no longer exist in any term most would consider an asset..... you are using that an excuse and nothing more)

You might not be aware of the artist who created "Rock and Roll Part 2". He's not a nice person and after learning what a dirt bag he is, I cringe everytime I hear that song. That's why it is no longer welcome in NWA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glitter

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If they are above playing R & R Part 2, fine. But at least use a different replacement song that is "rockish". "Uh Uh Oh , Uh Uht Uh Uhat Oh Oh" is a Sesame Street Level song that songs idiotic after a goal is scored. And while we are at it, the new song replacing Machinehead sounds like Satanic worship it is so bad.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
If they are above playing R & R Part 2, fine. But at least use a different replacement song that is "rockish". "Uh Uh Oh , Uh Uht Uh Uhat Oh Oh" is a Sesame Street Level song that songs idiotic after a goal is scored. And while we are at it, the new song replacing Machinehead sounds like Satanic worship it is so bad.

I laughed very hard at this lol. Yet so true. Just a putrid song that is "pure cheeese.".

Awful. Maybe Jarmo has some interesting techno stuff he can recommend. Like the swinging Europeans in Super Troopers.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa

Unfortunately it's not heard very often.

Whenever I see the goal cannon shooting into the safety shield I think, "that's right, nothing to fear there, just fake smoke", and then they play that Beyonce "uh oh" song, ...then cut to shot of pretty Pepsi girls dancing, then cut to shot of players hugging, then face-off and cut to soft goal against.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio

abscess (āb'sěs')
A localized collection of pus surrounded by infected tissue.

ob·sess [uhb-ses]
to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
abscess (āb'sěs')
A localized collection of pus surrounded by infected tissue.

ob·sess [uhb-ses]
to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally

Spell checkers are a wonderful thing, and a useful tool. ;)

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Think whatever you want to think... but first: go to Boston, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Montreal, Detroit, Toronto, Vancouver or Buffalo on a Friday night or most any night when kids should be in bed for that matter and tell me about the family environment...

Sunday games at 1 or 5 pm yes but that is it....

Jeez....

Oh. and the R-Bar just loves all thiose kids too....

It is too expensive most places to regularly take kids to an NHL game. If that is your target audience, the real price of tickets is near Harlem Globetrotters level.

The kid stuff will go away when the ticket sales improve. Until then, it'll be family friendly fare.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I laughed very hard at this lol. Yet so true. Just a putrid song that is "pure cheeese.".

Awful. Maybe Jarmo has some interesting techno stuff he can recommend. Like the swinging Europeans in Super Troopers.

Rammstien - German Industrial Metal Feuer frei! would work well.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
In regard to CBJ talent/skill/desire. I see a bunch of seasoned guys playing above their level and a few kids learning the ropes. We mostly play with desire, something that was lacking since the ousting of Hitch. I want the wins because I don't want the young players getting too comfortable with losing.

postalpez

Dec 21, 2008

he does still get royalties from being played in sports arenas:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ounds-royalties-hit-used-Superbowl-final.html

and you might want to look up the definition of "abscessed."

bizzz*

I said it many times. John Moore is not ready for top-4 role. Some of you wanted him to get a shot there. Well, he was the worst d-man on the ice and made JJ to look bad. And their smooth skating didn't help a lot.

postalpez

Dec 21, 2008
I said it many times. John Moore is not ready for top-4 role. Some of you wanted him to get a shot there. Well, he was the worst d-man on the ice and made JJ to look bad. And their smooth skating didn't help a lot.

I'm with you. He only sticks out to me when he mucks up never for a solid play, but then he still has rust.

Last edited:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH

Good for you, be sure to say it enough so that if it Moore has another bad game we can all say, "well gosh bizzz has been telling us this all along." How dare Moore not come out and be amazing the first game back after an injury.

bizzz*

Good for you, be sure to say it enough so that if it Moore has another bad game we can all say, "well gosh bizzz has been telling us this all along." How dare Moore not come out and be amazing the first game back after an injury.

Very informative (as always).
And let me post whatever I think is appropriate without your permission or advice. Save it for a person who appreciates your sarcastic skills. I don't.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Bizz, while you posture well, you don't respond to his point about having unrealistic expectations for a young Dman just returning from an injury.

bizzz*

Bizz, while you posture well, you don't respond to his point about having unrealistic expectations for a young Dman just returning from an injury.

I don't think that expecting any defenseman in any shape or stance to be near his own net when someone scores on you is an unrealistic expectation.
When Moore gave up game winning goal in Minnesota "that was just one play".
When with all his excellent skating and puck moving skills he has 1 point in 10 games I suppose that he's not that good offensively. Especially considering how many points that terrible bum Tyutin has netted.
Excuses are for losers... Well, we're talking about the Blue Jackets here, so probably that's appropriate.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't think that expecting any defenseman in any shape or stance to be near his own net when someone scores on you is an unrealistic expectation.
When Moore gave up game winning goal in Minnesota "that was just one play".
When with all his excellent skating and puck moving skills he has 1 point in 10 games I suppose that he's not that good offensively. Especially considering how many points that terrible bum Tyutin has netted.
Excuses are for losers... Well, we're talking about the Blue Jackets here, so probably that's appropriate.

Dude I called out Nikitin for a poor game last week and you tried to take me to task, covering for him by telling me he was coming back from injury. Your biases are becoming more evident. Your tone isn't doing you any favors, either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad