GDT: Game 15: Columbus at Phoenix | 2/16 8:00 PM EST

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I listened to Hockey Unfiltered today, a good show with Todd Lewis. he suggested a major housecleaning, a trading of players that would even surprise the fan base of Columbus. Lewis said a good many players will be traded, all so that Jarmo will get more picks in a deep draft. His conclusion was that this would bode well for the team and we would finally see the results we want in a couple of years.

I think you're going to see this. Several veterans going bye-bye and a picks coming back in return. Wonder if anyone will take a flyer on Mase? If we can get anything for him, we should jump at it as there's no way the Jackets sign him at the end of the season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The absence of offensive talent is really astonishing. Even the Year 1 team had some legit offense- Sanderson, Knutsen, Heinze with his career year. But this team? There is just nothing. When we score it feels like a fluke thing. Oh well, the rebuild goes on.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I listened to Hockey Unfiltered today, a good show with Todd Lewis. he suggested a major housecleaning, a trading of players that would even surprise the fan base of Columbus. Lewis said a good many players will be traded, all so that Jarmo will get more picks in a deep draft. His conclusion was that this would bode well for the team and we would finally see the results we want in a couple of years.

I am beginning to believe this is exactly what is going to happen. We are being slow fed the one brick at a time plan, but they are leaving out that they are going to demolish the building first. Personally I'm glad they are going for this approach and I hope that we see it begin sooner rather than later, so that the players who are going to remain will get a long stint dealing with NHL play.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Injuries are a part of the game, but with a team like the Jackets, who don't have depth to begin with (heck they don't have much talent to begin with) injuries do become a factor. Not an excuse, just reality in that the margin of error for the Jackets is extremely thin

I hear you, but depth is something that can be controlled, injuries are not. In the end, what we are seeing now is ultimately based on choices made two or three years ago...

The new era begins next season, this season is more like training camp than anything else... All of my chips are in for JD and Jarmo, if they fail I'm done with the CBJ organization...

That said, I don't think they will fail...

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I agree that this team is gonna blow it up. Totally needed as well.
The only people I would keep at this point is Calvert, Johnson, most of the Falcon guys, Mackenzie, Dubi, Anisomov, Dorsett(only because I believe he is playing over his head, once he gets back to where he suppose to be, he'll be fine), Cam, and Wiz(needs to be slotted down to second pairing eventually, though).

Edit: Honestly, if JD and GMJK fail, it's gonna get really dark around here. Hopefully it will work.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
My teenage son just said: "What if a REAL coyote got into the arena and started howling, how would anyone know he was there?!?" :sarcasm:

Easy. A real coyote sounds nothing like the wolf howl that they play over the PA system.

A coyote sounds like a barking cat.

I bet Keith Acton doesn't have a single hair anywhere on his body.

:skeptic:

You've done the impossible...you've rendered me speechless.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
SepticTank_20Detail.jpg

241vwrb.png

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
If we blow it up I would keep:

JJ
Wiz
Cam
Dubi
Arty
Mac/Tube (I wish I could keep them both but they play a similar role and we could open a slot by trading one)
Matty
Moore
Murray (pending, you know, actually seeing him lol but I feel he's going to be good)

I'd be okay keeping:

Joey (love his play and he's a beast on the dot but he could be a good bullet)
Nick
TinTin (they kind of go together right now)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tip, for home game entertainment at Nationwide; dump the kiddie stuff and provide adult focused entertainment in the concourses and Jumbotron...

Bring back Rock and Roll part two!!!! Many top four sport franchises still use it, a music score is a score... who wrote it is moot.

I love kids, I have six grandchildren, but if you want a hardcore North Eastern USA and Canada hockey environment it starts with the adults not 5 year olds....

I love hockey Moms but leave the kids home if you don’t think they can deal with an adult world or you can't prepare them..... The NHL is not Disney World, its serious adult fan business….

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
When they win a game = There's hope after all! The rebuild won't be as long as people think! We have some good players!

After they lose a game = Trade everyone! Jarmo will fix this by blowing it up! Nobody is safe! No offensive talent to speak of omg!

You guys overreact so much its not even funny. Our offense played really good tonight but with all of our penalties it was bound to end us. Very encouraged after this game. Once we get some scorers (hopefully this draft) and they develop we will be a good team.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
When they win a game = There's hope after all! The rebuild won't be as long as people think! We have some good players!

After they lose a game = Trade everyone! Jarmo will fix this by blowing it up! Nobody is safe! No offensive talent to speak of omg!

You guys overreact so much its not even funny. Our offense played really good tonight but with all of our penalties it was bound to end us. Very encouraged after this game. Once we get some scorers (hopefully this draft) and they develop we will be a good team.

lol.... which way is it?

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006

When we win? You mean, all 4 times that's happened?

I think the sample size is too low to judge.

But hey, once we draft some scorers and then they develop over 2-3 years, things will be hunky dory. I'll agree with that part. But that doesn't mean we are anything approaching good right now.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

But hey, once we draft some scorers and then they develop over 2-3 years, things will be hunky dory. I'll agree with that part. But that doesn't mean we are anything approaching good right now.

If you don't think we're close right now, then we won't be good in 2-3 years.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

lol.... which way is it?

Look at the bolded word very very carefully.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Hi Capn... shocked to read you on this date and hour.... You are a Jacket Fan eh.... ;)

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ok.... Boll is was our offense tonight.... Umbrger should be embarrased, Boll tonight was better.... an enforcer no less.... :handclap:

Matt Calvert, Brassard, Boll, and DMac played very good offensively. Hell even Gillies, Dubinsky, and Prospal cycled the puck well and created chances. There was alot to take away from this game, and I know Phoenix isn't exactly world beaters, but we did play very well for it being a back-to-back

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
If you don't think we're close right now, then we won't be good in 2-3 years.

Sure we will. 3 years is a long time. Didn't say we'd win a Cup, just that we could be good by then (a playoff team).

Hi Capn... shocked to read you on this date hour.... You are a Jacket Fan eh.... ;)

It's early on the West Coast and I'm a married man, Robert. The combination means it is early enough that I'm awake and late enough that I'm settled in for the evening. :)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Matt Calvert, Brassard, Boll, and DMac played very good offensively. Hell even Gillies, Dubinsky, and Prospal cycled the puck well and created chances. There was alot to take away from this game, and I know Phoenix isn't exactly world beaters, but we did play very well for it being a back-to-back

It was close.... but in the end not only did we play back to back but we lost back to back... To many CBJ Fan excuses.... gotta win games as this....

The CBJ fan cheer should be.... NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Just win.... think of this.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sure we will. 3 years is a long time. Didn't say we'd win a Cup, just that we could be good by then (a playoff team).

It's early on the West Coast and I'm a married man, Robert. The combination means it is early enough that I'm awake and late enough that I'm settled in for the evening. :)

Got it..

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Tip, for home game entertainment at Nationwide; dump the kiddie stuff and provide adult focused entertainment in the concourses and Jumbotron...

I love hockey Moms but leave the kids home if you don’t think they can deal with an adult world or you can't prepare them..... The NHL is not Disney World, its serious adult fan business….

The Blue Jackets will always be family friendly. Makes absolutely no sense for them to turn their back on kids. Dumbest idea I've read on here in a while.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The Blue Jackets will always be family friendly. Makes absolutely no sense for them to turn their back on kids. Dumbest idea I've read on here in a while.

Think whatever you want to think... but first: go to Boston, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Montreal, Detroit, Toronto, Vancouver or Buffalo on a Friday night or most any night when kids should be in bed for that matter and tell me about the family environment...

Sunday games at 1 or 5 pm yes but that is it....

Jeez....

Oh. and the R-Bar just loves all thiose kids too....

Last edited:

postalpez

Dec 21, 2008
Bring back Rock and Roll part two!!!! Many top four sport franchises still use it, a music score is a score... who wrote it is moot.
Other than the part where the fans are giving money to the team that in turn is giving money to said moot person to use the song.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00