GDT: Game 15: Columbus at Phoenix | 2/16 8:00 PM EST

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Rimer rockin the injury excuse right to the end...........................tool :shakehead

Avs v Oil on 2nd half of HNIC..........................I'm off to watch some real NHL hockey.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Pathetic. What's really sobering is the rebuild is very much in its infancy. Still need to shed Umberger and Brassard and start drafting some skill. Can anyone tell me why we are paying Adrian Aucoin $2 million to be a human pylon?

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
olifant_tank1.jpg

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Pathetic. What's really sobering is the rebuild is very much in its infancy. Still need to shed Umberger and Brassard and start drafting some skill. Can anyone tell me why we are paying Adrian Aucoin $2 million to be a human pylon?

As much as he is a pylon, he is good for the youngsters. As long as they do as he says and not as he does.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec

Terrible. And Dorsett on the 2nd line? You know something's wrong. Refs did call a crap game, but no excuse. Prospal gets older by the game JJ is regressing because no one is playing around him. Call up the kids, let's go. Better than Brassard and Umby anyway.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Umberger is as obvious dump but I have relented on tossing in Brass, only because I refuse to believe that every CBJ first round pick in a lifetime other than Nash was a good pick...

But now, yeah, Brassard is not much better than Filatov.... I’m done with Brass now too, next season can’t come soon enough.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
As much as he is a pylon, he is good for the youngsters. As long as they do as he says and not as he does.

I understand the mentoring thing, but man, the guy has no wheels left. Oh well, wouldn't be surprised to see him leave at the trade deadline as I could see a team wanting a vet as a 7th defender for the playoffs.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Umberger is as obvious dump but I have relented on tossing in Brass, only because I refuse to believe that every CBJ first round pick in a lifetime other than Nash was a good pick...

But now, yeah, Brassard is not much better than Filatov.... I’m done with Brass now too, next season can’t come soon enough.

Agree about Brass. I really want him to do well, but he's soft and only plays hard in spurts. Dump him and his salary.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Agree about Brass. I really want him to do well, but he's soft and only plays hard in spurts. Dump him and his salary.

I listened to Hockey Unfiltered today, a good show with Todd Lewis. he suggested a major housecleaning, a trading of players that would even surprise the fan base of Columbus. Lewis said a good many players will be traded, all so that Jarmo will get more picks in a deep draft. His conclusion was that this would bode well for the team and we would finally see the results we want in a couple of years.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

My first time ripping him.... but enough is enough....

The CBJ need an entire rebuild, and that includes Richards.. If Richards was a coach with any potential he would be at least .500 right now...

I don't want to read one more post about injuries! Stop it.... Injuries are equal accross the NHL board, and listen up Columbus Dispatch... stop the excuses!

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
My first time ripping him.... but enough is enough....

The CBJ need an entire rebuild, and that includes Richards.. If Richards was a coach with any potential he would have been at least .500 right now...

I don't want to read one more post about injuries! Stop it.... Injuries are equal accross the NHL board, and listen up Columbus Dispatch... stop the excuses!

Injuries are a part of the game, but with a team like the Jackets, who don't have depth to begin with (heck they don't have much talent to begin with) injuries do become a factor. Not an excuse, just reality in that the margin of error for the Jackets is extremely thin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad