Post-Game Talk: Game 15 - Anaheim Ducks @ Nashville Predators, 5pm PT, (Hulu, ESPN+) Ducks win 3-2, Gudas style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Labush is now the odd man out when glass man JD comes back

I'm not sure about that. Lyubushkin is a PK'er and I don't see JD being a PK'er. Vaaks is great at a 3rd pairing D, but let's not make another mistake of playing a 3rd pairing guy in the top-4. Unfortunately, I think Vaaks might be the odd man out or be in rotation for both rookie LD's if they need a breather. It's nice to see Vaaks healthy again and that he provides us with depth.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'm not sure about that. Lyubushkin is a PK'er and I don't see JD being a PK'er. Vaaks is great at a 3rd pairing D, but let's not make another mistake of playing a 3rd pairing guy in the top-4. Unfortunately, I think Vaaks might be the odd man out or be in rotation for both rookie LD's if they need a breather. It's nice to see Vaaks healthy again and that he provides us with depth.

Agreed, and just like every year we're going to need 7-8 competent NHL defenseman because of injuries. Lacombe's versatility will really come in handy.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Fair points.

Emily Kaplan really explaining the Leo situation very well.
I always like her

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Absolutely. No need to play him 5 straight games with Dostal. Maybe something like 3-1
50-32 or somewhere around there seems about right to me. Depending on if the team is in a late season playoff hunt or not.

I actually think Fowler's the weak link of that pairing defensively.

Fair, but who else is going to get the tough matchups?

Reactions: ducks8

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
For me it's not just how many shots but the quality as well...Anaheim doing a much better job under Cronin, are they great..no but they're competent which is way better. We have 2 good goalies who are keeping this team in games in part because Anaheim has a d core with actual NHL caliber dmen and a coach who seems to have a system they're buying into

We had 20 blocked shots tonight. 14 of them coming from the D-corps. 8 of them come from Lyubushkin. Our talent on defense is lightyears better than last season!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Happy for Vaaks, he was sorta forgotten by the fans, and his injury history was a concern. But the Vaaks - Gudas pairing has been gold all season, tonight they were able to cash in some offense.

Ever since Vaaks got demoted from top-pairing to bottom-pairing with Gudas, Vaaks' game has been good. So good that I mentioned he needed to start playing on the PK so that we aren't overusing Fowler a while back. I still think Vaaks should do it b/c he does play a little more physical than Fowler does. Plus, Vaak's D partner will still be Gudas. Win-win all around.

New PK d-unit:
LaCombe-Lyubushkin​
Vaaks-Gudas​

Fowler played almost 24:00 minutes tonight and 5:50 of it was on the PK.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ever since Vaaks got demoted from top-pairing to bottom-pairing with Gudas, Vaaks' game has been good. So good that I mentioned he needed to start playing on the PK so that we aren't overusing Fowler a while back. I still think Vaaks should do it b/c he does play a little more physical than Fowler does. Plus, Vaak's D partner will still be Gudas. Win-win all around.

New PK d-unit:
LaCombe-Lyubushkin​
Vaaks-Gudas​

Fowler played almost 24:00 minutes tonight and 5:50 of it was on the PK.I’m gla
Forsberg - 1st
Josi - 2nd
Vaak - 3rd

It’s a joke, even for the road broadcast. They only has one point each.
It’s very easy to hate the entire Nashville franchise

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Gudas didn’t even get a star of the game, lol. Typical biased road broadcast team.

Don't have a hockey team if you can't appreciate hockey

jalen-rose-sipping-tea.gif

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I said before the season that Gibson just needed a below average defense and he'd be OK again... but was a little worried after those pre season games. I'm not sure if the defense is considered average, but Gibby has been better than I thought. But it is early in the season, hope it lasts. There's a different energy around this team this year though, even that year we were in the playoff hunt for a few months didn't feel like this. Hope the team and Gibby can keep this going and build on it. These guys are fun to watch most nights (or at least in the 3rd period).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It feels good tonight, because after hearing Leo and Z were both out, my hope for a win was diminishing, given how the Ducks have struggled in that building. But after a rough start, they started to take over, and got it done.

We spent 8 minutes on special teams situations in the 1st period: 3 PK's and 1 PP. We kinda iced our team out with the 3 PK's in the 1st period.

As for the three stars, I think it's changed this year where home teams can be very biased. It makes the three stars kinda pointless if your team loses at home and the first two stars belong to the home team.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Those who crapped on Verbeek constantly need to be eating some crow right about now.
-Got Vaaks in the Lindholm deal
-"Tanked" for Carlsson
-Didn't give Z or Drysdale long term deals
-Signed Vatrano, Strome, Gudas, and Killorn
-Got Leason and was patient with him
-Hired Cronin
-Put to rest the silly "he likes soft players" narrative

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
Urho’s goal switched to Henrique. That’s a little bit of a bummer

Those who crapped on Verbeek constantly need to be eating some crow right about now.
-Got Vaaks in the Lindholm deal
-"Tanked" for Carlsson
-Didn't give Z or Drysdale long term deals
-Signed Vatrano, Strome, Gudas, and Killorn
-Got Leason and was patient with him
-Hired Cronin
-Put to rest the silly "he likes soft players" narrative
Verbeek has been awesome. This team would be in a much worse place if we still had BM at the helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad