Post-Game Talk: Game 15 - Anaheim Ducks @ Nashville Predators, 5pm PT, (Hulu, ESPN+) Ducks win 3-2, Gudas style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What was the lines for this game? I didn’t get to watch the game. Based on the highlights, looks like Jones had some moments or was that all it was?

Gibson kept them in the game and what else can i say that haven’t been said yet about The Butcher.
1700032058325.png

These were accurate

Reactions: SoCal Dreaming

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Vitriol was deserved last year-if you thought he was trying to win. I don't. "Tanking" was to get into the top 3. Mission accomplished. Vaaks isn't completely worthless, as some were saying. The problem would have been if he had given them long term deals. He correctly realizes that McTavish, Carlsson, and Mintyukov are going to be the big money guys.
I do think he deserves a healthy slice of ire for talking about wanting a team with toughness, then stripping virtually every iota of toughness other than Benoit and an injured Carrick out of the lineup. Adding toughness is the easiest thing to do with no long term repercussions as far as success or cap concerns.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
One thing I didn't notice earlier when watching the replay was on the GWG, great stick lift by Terry to keep the Preds player in the middle from getting to the loose puck. That's what freed up Gudas to make the nice play to Vaaks.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Big win.

Gibson and Gudas with just fantastic games, loved what I seen from Ross Johnston as well.
Every time I see Ross Johnston, it makes me think about Des and wish that he was still with us.

Not trying to take away from Johnston, he has been generally a solid player and not being a detriment, but I loved what Des brought (and he punches better).

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
This team is so rude the way they keep orchestrating comebacks after I fall asleep
My mom keeps watching until they're down 2, turns off the TV and tells me to let her know if we score one (she hates being shut out) and then watches when the game is tied. We found out they lose if she watches the whole game. She now takes her phone everywhere with her, one of the earlier comebacks (Boston?) she left her phone downstairs and I couldn't reach her and she missed it.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
My mom keeps watching until they're down 2, turns off the TV and tells me to let her know if we score one (she hates being shut out) and then watches when the game is tied. We found out they lose if she watches the whole game. She now takes her phone everywhere with her, one of the earlier comebacks (Boston?) she left her phone downstairs and I couldn't reach her and she missed it.
Sounds like my Dad. Many years ago during the transistor radio era when I was a kid, I'd hear my Dad say, "That Walter Alston," (usually for leaving a pitcher in too long) and the radio would go off. Twenty minutes later he'd be holding it next to his ear.

John

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Man, these coaches keep looking like "grade a morons" for starting Gibson.

I don't know about you guys, but I've finally given up on Vaakanainen.
Guy hasn't posted a single thing in this forum since that amazing lecture. He was right about one thing though... someone did end up looking like a grade A moron, just not who he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad