Post-Game Talk: Game 13 - Anaheim Ducks vs Philadelphia Flyers , 7pm PT, BSSC (Duck lose 6-3, but Carlsson has a Hat-trick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Well, sometimes you fall off the horse. But it's most important that you get back on the horse.

Unless you want the horse to still be a horse in the back half of the season, in which case, maybe you don't get back on the horse and come back another day.

Maybe you just let the horse loose and let it do whatever it wants on its free time, and it might still be a pretty good horse.

..I've lost track of the metaphor. I think I just want Leo should play more.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
TBF, Leo scored two goals on the PP. Although, the breakout pass from Minchy to Leo, from Leo to Killorn, and from Killorn back to Leo for the goal was beautiful passing. ::: cough, Terry, cough :::
They have the same amount of powerplay points, it’s fair game. I agree though that ES goal was an absolute beauty from the three involved

Reactions: Wheatens

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It’s funny though you put Leo on the half wall, and boom. Even in the interview he made a note of that. He should not be in the front of the net. It handicaps his strengths.

I know we love our one timers, but Terry doesn’t have one. Didn’t he play 2nd PP during his 37 goal season? Just give him the second unit, him and Frank just firing pucks at the net with a screen.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know we love our one timers, but Terry doesn’t have one. Didn’t he play 2nd PP during his 37 goal season? Just give him the second unit, him and Frank just firing pucks at the net with a screen.

We are running a 1A and 1B PP system so everyone will get their ice time, and just go with who is hot to start.

Can’t have Leo, Terry and Zegras all on one unit, and none of them should be net front presence.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
We are running a 1A and 1B PP system so everyone will get their ice time, and just go with who is hot to start.

Can’t have Leo, Terry and Zegras all on one unit, and none of them should net front presence.

I agree. I’d also swap MacT and use him as the down low, but then they finally set up some quick shot opportunities from the bumper so that may work.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Zegras meet your new linemates Henrique and Silf.

Killorn is such a smart player. Always in the right spot and making good decisions with the puck. One smart thing he seemed to do was get the puck to Carlsson as much as possible. As soon as Terry realizes the same that line will take off.
Henrique-Zegras-Silf against 3rd pairing defensemen is not something I’m against

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree. I’d also swap MacT and use him as the down low, but then they finally set up some quick shot opportunities from the bumper so that may work.

I would maybe run..

Killorn
Mac - Terry
Minty - Leo

Henrique
Frankie - Strome
Fowler - Z

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
i fell asleep after eating a pizza during the 1st and woke up to see Carlsson's two goals. feels like the flyers are a team we should be able to beat...

Young team gonna have nights like this.

Also, wasn’t this the first game the Flyers played since losing to San Jose? Torts probably hid some bodies somewhere to send a message to these guys

Reactions: dracom

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Zegras meet your new linemates Henrique and Silf.

Killorn is such a smart player. Always in the right spot and making good decisions with the puck. One smart thing he seemed to do was get the puck to Carlsson as much as possible. As soon as Terry realizes the same that line will take off.

Killorn has learned a new way to play recently with Adam Oates helping him to know what to do after you have the puck. That's why his past two seasons have had an increase in assists. Bo knows, but Oatsie knows how to pass.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
It’s funny though you put Leo on the half wall, and boom. Even in the interview he made a note of that. He should not be in the front of the net. It handicaps his strengths.

I hate to belabor the point and beat the dead horse, but I swear it feels like anything good that happens to the PP hits because of either no other options or stumbling into something on accident. This board collectively is smarter than Newell Brown

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not seeing this Carlsson-Terry "chemistry" that everybody else is. And you don't put Zegras with Henrique and Silfverberg. Come on now.

KIllorn with Carlsson and Zegras. Terry with Henrique and Silfverberg.

Terry is holding onto the puck way too long. Carrying it over is one thing, but he needs to park it with a line-mate so he can get into a better position with more space, and not just turnover the puck killing the play and any momentum they have going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad