Post-Game Talk: Game 13 - Anaheim Ducks vs Philadelphia Flyers , 7pm PT, BSSC (Duck lose 6-3, but Carlsson has a Hat-trick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not seeing this Carlsson-Terry "chemistry" that everybody else is. And you don't put Zegras with Henrique and Silfverberg. Come on now.

KIllorn with Carlsson and Zegras. Terry with Henrique and Silfverberg.
I agree
I think that makes the most sense, but doubt we’ll see it

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm not seeing this Carlsson-Terry "chemistry" that everybody else is. And you don't put Zegras with Henrique and Silfverberg. Come on now.

KIllorn with Carlsson and Zegras. Terry with Henrique and Silfverberg.
Why don’t you? Zegras produced with Henrique on his line just fine, and putting Terry on that line makes it 2 right wings and you hope one can play on the left. Zegras shows even less chemistry with Carlsson than Terry does.

Reactions: Bender66

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
If Z is the hot shit future franchise player some keep touting him to be, then he should be able to carry his own line.
Putting him with henrique allows Z to play center, while henrique can take the faceoffs. He also gets to go against easier matchups to help kick start his offense. win win.

And i have seen zero chemistry from Z with anyone on the team right now. At least Terry is producing despite doing his best getzlaf impression.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The truth is mctavish line has gone cold. We need offensive support.. but dostal did not have a good game..
They still looked more competent than the top line overall. Terry really needs to get it together. A big leg of the season is over and he's still having a daily adverse impact on his line's possession with his turnovers and failures to cradle relatively direct and simple passes. I don't know what the solution is but it's going to be hard for his line to get going if he's the guy most likely to hang onto the puck for long stretches and when such stretches lead to pucks going back to the defensive zone.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
They still looked more competent than the top line overall. Terry really needs to get it together. A big leg of the season is over and he's still having a daily adverse impact on his line's possession with his turnovers and failures to cradle relatively direct and simple passes. I don't know what the solution is but it's going to be hard for his line to get going if he's the guy most likely to hang onto the puck for long stretches and when such stretches lead to pucks going back to the defensive zone.
Baby duties hurts

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Missed this one as I was at the ER until 4:00 AM. Watched the "highlights" on my way home. Fast forward to this morning and went out and had a bull calf dropped in the pasture last night. My first thought is to name him Leo.
Great name!

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Baby duties hurts

Had the inverse effect for Vegas. Bunch of the Knights became dads last year. Karlsson and Howden during the playoffs.

It's painful to watch Terry play right now. He's not making any quick decisive plays. Everything is just hold, spin, hold, lose the puck or make a bad pass.

Reactions: anezthes

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Disagree.
Terry has the primary assist on 4 of Carlsson’s 6 goals, and was on ice for the other 2 last night (and cut off the puck getting it to Mintyukov on a very nice pass for an even nicer pass to spring the break) . Zegras has zero assists on Carlsson’s 6 goals. Carlsson didn’t assist on Zegras‘ 1 goal (Strome), and Zegras’ 1 assist was the only assist on a Terry goal.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Carlsson is like the one player Terry has shown some chemistry with this year yet some don't want them together? i don't get it. To me, Zegras is the one of that trio who's looked like he's been on a different page.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Terry has the primary assist on 4 of Carlsson’s 6 goals, and was on ice for the other 2 last night (and cut off the puck getting it to Mintyukov on a very nice pass for an even nicer pass to spring the break) . Zegras has zero assists on Carlsson’s 6 goals. Carlsson didn’t assist on Zegras‘ 1 goal (Strome), and Zegras’ 1 assist was the only assist on a Terry goal.

Also, In one game Killer primary assisted on two of Leo’s goals.

Really hope Cronin rolls Killorn - Leo - Terry, if it means Zegras goes to 3C so be it. It’s not like he will get that much less ice time. Cronin can roll
All those lines the same.

We will just call it the 2B line :sarcasm: I love Z but he needs to get going and think this may be the best way. He will still get his PP time since they run a 1A and 1B PP system.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Also, In one game Killer primary assisted on two of Leo’s goal.

Really hope Cronin rolls Killorn - Leo - Terry, if it means Zegras goes to 3C so be it. It’s not like he will get that much less ice time. Cronin can roll

We will just call it the 2B line :sarcasm: I love Z but he needs to get going and think this may be the best way. He will still get his PP time since they run a 1A and 1B PP system.
also will get time with leo rotating out of lineup on occasion.

I really hope we get a palette cleanser easy win against the sharks..

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Also, In one game Killer primary assisted on two of Leo’s goal.

Zegras is in record saying he wants to be a center. Our gm is on record saying unless he can learn to play defense, wing might be a better fit. If they truly see him making the defensive effort. And for the sake of maybe running 3 lines. They will absolutely try it out sooner or later for more than a game here and there. That would be a vote of confidence in the work zegras is doing, we have cap space and capital to fill out 3 lines deep. Especially with Henrique and silf coming off the books

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Drysdale coming back will be really big for LaCombe. He’s clearly having a tough time with the minutes we’re asking of him, and it’s completely not his fault. When he can slide down the lineup a bit and play less minutes I think he’ll look really great like he did early in the season.

LaCombe has been playing similar top-4 minutes before going top-pairing. LaCombe-Gudas was the 2nd pairing group. He's a rookie playing against opposing team's top offense. It's learning curves, but I don't think he's struggling.

Part of me thinks Fowler doesn't help out as much or doesn't take the correct reads. Last night, LaCombe engages the puck carrier on an odd-man situation instead of pointing to another teammate behind the puck carrier. Fowler's pointed to a teammate behind the puck carrier on an odd-man situation twice in the past two games.

Also, LaCombe led the team in PK TOI again, with 3:03. We were perfect on the PK last night.

Last night's plus/minus

Fowler (-1) - LaCombe (-1)
Minty (-3) - Lyubushkin (-2)
Vaaks (-1) - Guadas (-1)

A couple of those negative ratings are due to some bad forward play.

----

Getting Drysdale back will definitely help improve the talent on the blue line. LaCombe could be offensive with Gudas as his partner.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

They still don't look like they're on the same page to me. Too many plays die on Terry's stick this season for my liking. I think it would be much more effective with Z.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wheatens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad