GDT: GAME 10: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild 7 pm CST

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
A win would be nice even better would be a comfertable win by more than one goal. But that is greedy. Wonder how Granlund will take the healthy scratch?

Last edited:

sakux

Feb 5, 2013
Everything's depending on how the first line will fare. I reckon they have to score atleast 3 goals tonight for the Wild to be victorious. Also, Bäckström has to be on top of his game.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
A win would be nice even better would be a comfertanle win by more than one goal. But that is greedy. Wonder how Granlund will take the healthy scratch?
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/190213141.html
“I just need to be better. This is a tough league. All the best players in the world,” Granlund, 20, said. “[Being scratched is] not a place you want to me. You want to play every game. I think every player wants to play. All I can do now is work hard and try to get better.

“This is my first year here. I know now what kind of game it is. I just have to be better.

“This is a tough league. It’s not easy to play. It wasn’t easy to play in Europe, too. But here it’s more different. – better players, [less] ice. All I can do is work hard.

“That’s the biggest thing here. You don’t have that much space. You have to battle hard. There’s a lot of one-on-one battles. I know what it’s like now here and I just have to work on that on the ice.”

EDIT:
On the Sedins, Brodin said, “They’re strong on the puck and good to protect the puck, so you can’t go too hard on them. You have to always be ready for them.”

Zenon Konopka then chimed in: “Then you have to figure out which is which. That’ll probably be the hardest part.”
:handclap:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I can't tell the Sedins apart either. Don't really care to, though for that matter. They're creepy.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I can't tell the Sedins apart either. Don't really care to, though for that matter. They're creepy.

No idea what you're talking about...

4603518.bin

MNSOTA

Jan 22, 2013
Trapped in Wisconsin
Zenon Konopka then chimed in: “Then you have to figure out which is which. That’ll probably be the hardest part.â€

Hmmmm......I did a google image search on "children of the corn" and "twins" and check out what popped up:

_PVL5990.jpg

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Yep, hopefully the rookies can learn who is who fast enough, there are plenty of veterans in the east that still get burned by the Sedins for not recognizing if it is 22 or 33 coming at them.

No surprise at no Luongo tonight, its just good coaching when you know that the other team has your goalie figured out, to play your other competent guy.

I'll take the Wild in this one 5-3, I think the special teams will play a big role in this game for the Wild's success.

Parise 2 goals Koivu 1 in a big night for the 1st line on the PP.

Cheekier

May 16, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm seeing this as a potential trap game for the Canucks. Perhaps looking past the Wild at their long upcoming home stand. Hopefully they can keep their focus. Not surprised about Schneider starting -- a) he's "supposedly" our No 1 and, b) Luongo has been TERRIBLE at the Excel Centre. Hoping for an entertaining game at least.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Should be an interesting game, will definitely watch this. For some reason this is the 4th time I see the Canucks already playing this season and I don't even follow them :huh:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Yep, hopefully the rookies can learn who is who fast enough, there are plenty of veterans in the east that still get burned by the Sedins for not recognizing if it is 22 or 33 coming at them.

No surprise at no Luongo tonight, its just good coaching when you know that the other team has your goalie figured out, to play your other competent guy.

I'll take the Wild in this one 5-3, I think the special teams will play a big role in this game for the Wild's success.

Parise 2 goals Koivu 1 in a big night for the 1st line on the PP.

Your picking the Wild to score FIVE goals??

We are talking about the same Wild here correct?? There isn't another Wild playing the Canucks in some squirt in-house league somewhere??

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Pulled an Avder and ordered pizza for the game.

I might convince my gf to order us pizza.

We had our 1 year anniversary on Tuesday and I paid for our dinner. It was expeeeeensive. Possibly going to get payback right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad