GDT: GAME 10: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild 7 pm CST

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hey thats a great idea, the wild should have a bacon contest, for team character building. im also reminded of a cheezy pickup line, you remind me of bacon the way you sizzle.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Late to the party I know:

Basically that was the worst games/atmosphere I've ever seen live. Of the over 150 games I have been to at the Xcel, that was showing was worse than what we saw under Richards short tenure. No energy on any of the lines outside of Konopka trying to get something going. The crowd was filled with a bunch of people who were more concerned about their Facebook update that they were 'at the game" than actually watching it. Was annoyed to say the least.

Steve Cockburn

Feb 8, 2013
Just watched the game from replay. Coyle, Koivu, Parise and Brodin looked decent, but thats about it. What is going on, scoring seems overwhelmingly hard? Looks like Yeo is running out of time.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
If that first period hadn't happened, it would have been a bearable loss. The Wild showed up for the last two periods and it would have just been that spurt of a couple bad moments that cost them the game. But that first period was just endlessly shaking the bag of butthole dust in front of the fan. It was already in everyone's lungs by the time the second period started.

I don't know why people are calling for Setoguchi's trade. Did we watch the same game? The Wild don't need to trade him. They need to study some film and correct his game. I suggest studying Losin' It, Porky's, or even American Pie. Find a real loose net, get him a little tipsy and lock them in a room until his stick is smoking and there's bits of rubber everywhere.

Brodin is so mature I wouldn't be surprised to have heard this:
"Falk! Stoner! What is this?! Get over here right now. Right. Now. Your Suter and I are gone for two shifts. Two shifts. We come back and see lights flashing all over the place and hundreds of people running out the doors. The place is a mess. When we leave Gilbert in charge, you know what happens? Nothing! Because he's responsible! But your Suter and I try to have just one nice evening and we find the furniture upended and now they're telling me they're taking Niklas away so we have to go deal with that now. I can't tell you how disappointed we are in you. I... I can't. Just go. Down to your room. And don't think for a second this isn't coming out of your allowance!"

Steve Cockburn

Feb 8, 2013
Thing is....who do you bring in?

Honestly, i think the players are good enough to win games, but something else just isn't clicking, maybe on the mental side. Failing to score an open-netter just leads to more frustration and fails. Maybe i should post in the "Fire Yeo" thread.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Honestly, i think the players are good enough to win games, but something else just isn't clicking, maybe on the mental side. Failing to score an open-netter just leads to more frustration and fails. Maybe i should post in the "Fire Yeo" thread.

To be honest, I think many are a little sour that we have perennial talent on this team and they are no longer the "sexy favorite" for some of the roles they were doing beforehand. Remember last year when we were all about Brodziak because he always seemed to make Heater or Seto or Bouchard or even Clutterbuck score? Or how we relied on Clutterbuck to play 1st line minutes and on the 1st line PP??

I wanna know how many had their egos brought back down to reality to play what their initial intended role was to be instead of playing the "hero" role.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Kinda late to this party, but.....

1. I still firmly believe that even if we had a different Captain, it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference last night.

2. That said, #$@! you, Koivu. No really. Screw you. Players admitted how ugly it was and that the team wasn't ready. You apparently disagree. Pass the bong, buddy.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Kinda late to this party, but.....

1. I still firmly believe that even if we had a different Captain, it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference last night.

2. That said, #$@! you, Koivu. No really. Screw you. Players admitted how ugly it was and that the team wasn't ready. You apparently disagree. Pass the bong, buddy.

I really think he honestly doesn't believe a thing he says to the media, he's just the ultimate salesman to people he doesn't particularly like after games.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I really think he honestly doesn't believe a thing he says to the media, he's just the ultimate salesman to people he doesn't particularly like after games.
Basically Koivu is a salesman....Parise is honest.....yet we have no player on the roster who could rip the paint off the wall with his rants quite like Walz could. Not a single player in that room is capable of lighting a fire.

10dynasty38*

It can be seen early. The Wild don't have it this year. No magic Fairy is gonna make this team any better. Just isn't in the cards this year.

On that note, the Wild should prepare for next year. My 5 steps to make the Wild a contender next year.

1. Fire Yeo Immediately
2 . Play Coyle Larsson Zucker Brodin and Granlund as much as possible.
3. Get rid of dead weight. I.E Brodziak, Seto, Heatley, Kassian
4. Mentally prepare that this year isn't the year and plan for 13-14
5. Grab a key vet free agent and we should be set.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
scrambled-toast-crystal-ball.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad