GDT: Game 10: Sharks vs. Canucks 7:30pm NBCSCA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've only ever had it with just fries, gravy and cheese curds and it's delicious, but something a little salty and sweet would be a great compliment, pulled pork sounds great too

The baseball stadium here (high-A affiliate for the Blue Jays) does pulled pork "tot"tine. It's tater tot sticks (think like 5 tater tots fused end to end) with sweet and smoky pulled pork and poutine accoutrements. It's glorious.

They also have the yard-dog. It's 3 feet long.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Is unagi poutine a thing? Because that sounds good as hell
And we're goin' to Calgary:
1699064794635.png

I don't facebook, so it could some A.I. ad that's read our convo and is being paid to drive up tourism to Calgary.

I'd eat that.

I've only ever had it with just fries, gravy and cheese curds and it's delicious, but something a little salty and sweet would be a great compliment, pulled pork sounds great too
You left out that umami. You can't spell umami without the vowels from unagi!!!

Reactions: weastern bias

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
The baseball stadium here (high-A affiliate for the Blue Jays) does pulled pork "tot"tine. It's tater tot sticks (think like 5 tater tots fused end to end) with sweet and smoky pulled pork and poutine accoutrements. It's glorious.

They also have the yard-dog. It's 3 feet long.
They should call it the Imperial Yard Dog!!! Like some sort of K9 that has given in to the dark side and is taking it out on everyone's arteries.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Penguins are what I hope the Sharks will copy. If you're going to suck, make sure you suck it well enough to get rewarded with Crosby + Malkin or something similar. Hawks won a different kind of championship last season, the Draft championship. Had we unloaded our 2 star players early, we would have had a better chance.

The Hawks GM basically traded away everything not nailed down. Hawks fans (including me) were not happy when he traded DeBrincat - a 23 year old sniper with (2) 40 goal seasons who seemed to be a perfect fit for a rebuild but Davidson wanted to reset the salary cap to be in sync with the rebuild and keeping DCat would have put the Cap on a trajectory out of sync with the slow multi-year rebuild. The same could be said regarding the trade of Dach, although to a lesser degree. So this is the first season where no player from the Cup winning years is still on the team - it was a complete tear down to the studs. The only player that is out of sync with the rebuild is Seth Jones who was signed to that untradeable albatross contract by the previous regime.

You already unloaded Karlsson and Meier and hopefully Greer can find takers for Hertl and Couture, even if he has to retain some AAV. You've already got some nice prospects in the system and drafting top-5/top-10 over the next couple years will add some more pieces. You're probably only 1 year behind the Hawks rebuild - so hang in there.

Reactions: hockeyCEO

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
And we're goin' to Calgary:
View attachment 762664

I don't facebook, so it could some A.I. ad that's read our convo and is being paid to drive up tourism to Calgary.

I'd eat that.

You left out that umami. You can't spell umami without the vowels from unagi!!!

I could make some snarky comments about the idea that Calgary would invest in something as technologically advanced as marketing AI, but that would probably be mean-spirited and inappropriate. :sarcasm:

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I just got through my recording of this dog turd of a game. God I hope we look back on this one someday as the lowest point in the history of this team. If things get any worse they'll be impossible to watch....no matter how much beer I drink....

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I just got through my recording of this dog turd of a game. God I hope we look back on this one someday as the lowest point in the history of this team. If things get any worse they'll be impossible to watch....no matter how much beer I drink....
There’s going to be worse games this season as long as Quinn stays as coach and ensuring no one is engaged or in a position to succeed.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I’m honestly asking, only because you’re so angry about Quinn, what do you think he reasonably can do?
I don't think we should fire him, but his line combinations are very weird and I'm not sure why he and Grier aren't even considering some more call ups. They probably have some plan in their minds re timing for call ups of thrun and Mukh and aren't changing the plan.

I was also fully expecting a goalie change after the third goal on Thursday, something to slow down the bad start and get the team fired up, but nothing. Quinn also seemed to give up on that game.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I don't think we should fire him, but his line combinations are very weird and I'm not sure why he and Grier aren't even considering some more call ups. They probably have some plan in their minds re timing for call ups of thrun and Mukh and aren't changing the plan.

I was also fully expecting a goalie change after the third goal on Thursday, something to slow down the bad start and get the team fired up, but nothing. Quinn also seemed to give up on that game.
Sharks were averaging like 1 goal per game or something going in. Once the Nucks got to 3 goals by about 8 minutes into the first period I think everyone kinda gave up. Except maybe Tanko and MackBlack. This one was over 4 minutes into the game when they went up two zip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad