GDT: Game 10: Sharks vs. Canucks 7:30pm NBCSCA

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Games such as this happens from time to time. Even to the best teams. Almost every time they turn into a slugfest, lack of respect and all that.
That are boys focused and worked hard throughout is a testament to them. It didn’t work. As Quinn stated,” we are not a team yet.” That is obvious, no cohesion on the ice.
We’ve been in almost every game before this, this is not a sign of things to come. The cohesion will come, their efforts will be rewarded.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
It probably won't happen until the offseason but we need to trade Hertl ASAP while he still has some semblance of value. Playing on this team is going to do serious harm to how the league perceives him.

Not expecting to get much back. Priority should be not retaining any salary. It still pisses me off that Doug left us with one last steaming turd on the way out.

Pretty sure Joe Will who’s still with the team signed Hertl

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Crushing defeats are exactly what this team needs. They need to accept that this team is very very far away from being competitive. Next step is unloading veterans that have any trade value for more draft picks. Rebuilding from the draft is the only option this team has.

I'm very excited knowing this team will have very high draft picks in the foreseeable future, potentially top-3's. I consider this to be akin to the Warriors before they got Curry and Klay.
I mostly agree. I just want these guys to have some professional pride in the process and how they're playing in the moment and stop chasing the score or even the play. It's just too sloppy right now.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Pretty sure Joe Will who’s still with the team signed Hertl
He was interim GM at the time but there's no way a decision that significant gets made without Wilson's support. Or Hasso's, who is ultimately the most culpable.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Games such as this happens from time to time. Even to the best teams. Almost every time they turn into a slugfest, lack of respect and all that.
That are boys focused and worked hard throughout is a testament to them. It didn’t work. As Quinn stated,” we are not a team yet.” That is obvious, no cohesion on the ice.
We’ve been in almost every game before this, this is not a sign of things to come. The cohesion will come, their efforts will be rewarded.
This is such a great bit

• Haha
Reactions: DG93

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Just started the game on the DVR... Haven't heard anything about it in the meantime.

Ok, yah, high stick...

Sharks PK is just letting Petterson walk around with the puck all he would like it seems. No pressure, NBD. Obviously a well thought out for-the-tank type structure to the PK.

LOL Vlasic lame ass clearing attempt yields first power play goal on four minute minor...

Ferraro gets beat deep a minute and a half later, Tanko can't stop the shot. Classic.

"That was a costly penalty." -Drew Remenda... Stunning f***ing analysis there, guy. I feel enlightened.

LOL. Chase the puck... CHASE IT!!!!! Oh, they scored again. Zadina almost got 'em!

I'd be more amused at this point if they just pulled Tanko and went with six skaters.

Givani Smith gets drag raced by Petterson, just pushed right through him. Didn't score. (this time)

Woo Tanko flashes the leather... Good thing Miller shot it right at his glove, I guess.

Ferraro trips a Canuck, 2 mins for being in the way. "It really starts with the faceoff." -Randy Hahn THIS. JUST. IN.

4 zip nucks.

Drew says, "The other team's PP structure and execution make their power play good." I guess I was wrong. It's not that the Sharks PK philosophy seems to be just sorta stand around and wave your stick after the puck goes by...

These guys aren't gonna win a game all year.

ahahahahaha no one covering that guy standing on the far post. I can't believe Drew missed the opportunity to point out that Duclair needed to have his head on a swivel... 5 zip.

Got high, spaced out, 8 zip... Go Sharks!

Reactions: Bgav

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
If the league went out of its way to protect Arizona, there’s no way they willingly leave the San Francisco Bay Area TV market.

Absolute worst case in my opinion is they become the San Francisco Sharks instead of the San Jose Sharks
I'd go to every home game if they moved to SF.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
But if they moved to the Sainte-Foy district in Quebec City wouldn't that be a massive trip for you to attend every game?

The man just watched eight goals of the Sharks game the morning after that he knew the score of. Woth that level or dedication, I would not doubt he would go to Sainte-Foy to support the Sharks. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
That's the route the Hawks chose to take and they're in year-2 of a multi-year rebuild. I think the key is to tear it all down so the salary cap gets reset and in sync with the rebuild - no half way measures. Will that plan work? We'll see in a few years.

The Penguins are what I hope the Sharks will copy. If you're going to suck, make sure you suck it well enough to get rewarded with Crosby + Malkin or something similar. Hawks won a different kind of championship last season, the Draft championship. Had we unloaded our 2 star players early, we would have had a better chance.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Quinn is obviously getting fired at some point this season because he’s doing his best to beat Jim Wiley’s record, Grier is likely on the hot seat going into next season. I expected this team to be bad but this is next level bad and on top of that they won’t get the first overall because it’s San Jose

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
But if they moved to the Sainte-Foy district in Quebec City wouldn't that be a massive trip for you to attend every game?

I guess I'll need a passport...

Unrelated to my lack of passport:

f*** the Canucks for not challenging that goal.

The man just watched eight goals of the Sharks game the morning after that he knew the score of. Woth that level or dedication, I would not doubt he would go to Sainte-Foy to support the Sharks. :laugh:
No, to clarify I go hermit when I can't watch until the next day. I'm assuming this was the surprise DQ alluded to before the season started. SURPRISE!!!

• Haha
Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
The Penguins are what I hope the Sharks will copy. If you're going to suck, make sure you suck it well enough to get rewarded with Crosby + Malkin or something similar. Hawks won a different kind of championship last season, the Draft championship. Had we unloaded our 2 star players early, we would have had a better chance.
Did they really suck to get Crosby or was that the lottery after the lockout?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If I ask nicely do you think they'd put some unagi on that for me?
Is unagi poutine a thing? Because that sounds good as hell

I'm sure you could find some hipster place that will do it. There's lots of poutine variants from anywhere that isn't 100% staunchly traditionalist. Pulled pork poutine is pretty popular (and super alliterative)

Did they really suck to get Crosby or was that the lottery after the lockout?

It was the lockout lottery, but the Penguins did have the joint highest odds to get the 1st pick by virtue of being one of the teams to suck the most over the previous few seasons who had also not previously received a 1st overall pick in the 02-04 drafts (along with Buffalo, Columbus, and the Rangers)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They sucked the years prior. The lottery for that lockout season was based on the previous seasons standings.

the 05 lottery was weighted on the combination of playoff appearances in the previous 3 seasons plus whether or not the team had received a 1st overall pick in those prior 3 drafts.

1) If you hadn't made the 02-04 playoffs and didn't pick 1st overall in 02-04 = 3 balls in the lottery
2) If you made the playoffs once in that span or had one 1st overall pick = 2 balls in the lottery
3) If you made the playoffs multiple times, had multiple 1st overalls, or some combination thereof = 1 ball in the lottery (that was us)

As a result there were 48 total balls in the lottery (4 teams got 3, 10 teams got 2, the rest of the league got 1 apiece. So 12 + 20 + 16)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Zadina has been awful defensively, but he's also put in a very ill-fitting situation playing mostly on checking lines with scrub forwards which is exactly what the problem was with him in Detroit.

If he's going to suck defensively and the team is going to suck as a whole, why not put him on a line where he at least has a half-decent chance to contribute offensively like he's supposed to? Sure he can't necessarily outscore his issues, but neither can anyone else on this roster.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm sure you could find some hipster place that will do it. There's lots of poutine variants from anywhere that isn't 100% staunchly traditionalist. Pulled pork poutine is pretty popular (and super alliterative)
I've only ever had it with just fries, gravy and cheese curds and it's delicious, but something a little salty and sweet would be a great compliment, pulled pork sounds great too

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad