GDT: Game 10: Coyotes @ Rangers | 4 PM | FS-A | 620 AM

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Tonight there was very little evidence of the positive steps we've been taking. Instead there appeared to be a demon in the collective kitchen, rattling the pots and pans and shouting LOSERS!

Reactions: SniperHF

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Keller scores again! Keller doing good helps with this team losing.

Lol where is Harry Neal when you need him "

"you know every time Keller scores a goal the Yotes are .... oh ... um lets go to commercial"

If I had to dig real real deep for something positive.... well Keller of course... nice to see Duclair scoring if we lose 10 games in a row , we could be similar to the Flames where they lost 10 and went on to the cup.

I may be in the minority here, but bring Lawson Crouse back , at least he skated hard and hit everything in site.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Keller scores again! Keller doing good helps with this team losing.

Keller sucks ass...big time. I told you from the moment Tyson Jost embarrassed him trice in one shift in the prospect game vs Colorado that this kid is nowhere near NHL ready. Keller starts 3 out 4 shifts in the offensive zone which is beyond crazy. Just think about how many players have to make up for that. Dvorak for example gets the toughest opposition and the defensive zone starts so Keller and co. can play the easier matchups and start in the offensive zone. Still, Dvorak is -6 while Keller is -11, the worst of all forwards in the NHL.

Keller may know how to score...I predicted that as well...but overall, he's not an NHL player. Just watch him play...most of the time he's completely lost. Sad story.

On top of that, the prospect who is actually ready to play and btw is one of only two righty forwards on the team got scratched for the 2nd time which is just an idiot move. If they truely want to win, then they need to demote Keller ASAP and let Fischer play big minutes. Otherwise they need to send them both to Tucson. Fischer is overdue and needs minutes.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So I've got 36 vouchers remaining from my flex pack.

I'm thinking I should save all of them for the last 3 months of the year hoping things improve :biglaugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lol where is Harry Neal when you need him "

"you know every time Keller scores a goal the Yotes are .... oh ... um lets go to commercial"

If I had to dig real real deep for something positive.... well Keller of course... nice to see Duclair scoring if we lose 10 games in a row , we could be similar to the Flames where they lost 10 and went on to the cup.

I may be in the minority here, but bring Lawson Crouse back , at least he skated hard and hit everything in site.

Worst post I've ever seen:

- Keller is one of the main reasons why this team is losing. I explained it many times and even predicted it long ago.
- Crouse should have never made the team. They obviously weren't prepared to play him. Crouse needs minutes and to learn how to score at pro level. Coyotes didn't trade for Crouse to get a 4th liner. Plus, the Coyotes are a losing team. GM's 101...don't keep your prospects on a losing team. Build a team that works or them all down.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
But hey, they are so much more exciting to watch. I just finished watching the tape. I didn't record the post game. What did Bozo the Coach have to say?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So I've got 36 vouchers remaining from my flex pack.

I'm thinking I should save all of them for the last 3 months of the year hoping things improve :biglaugh:

I wouldn't hold my breath...they may win a few games but I don't think much is gonna change until certain heads roll...

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I was at the Islanders game, I was at the game tonight, and I'll be at the game in Philly on Monday where it seems likely they'll set the record for longest winless streak to start a season.

Tonight was f***ing embarrassing. Absolutely miserable to watch.

There has been no f***ing progress made on any semblance of a system, and players are chasing the puck. That's why there are so many individual lapses from previously successful players.

There has been no progress made on the ability to put together a full game of effort. You can count on at least one long stretch every single game wherein they bury themselves into a hole that they do not have the skill or structure to climb out of. I don't know whether this is a mental problem or a physical one, but it's a major issue.

There has been no progress made on individual effort level. Player to player, guys are passive, standing around, waiting for someone else to do something. The 5-on-2.5 powerplay they had against the Isles on Tuesday where no one bothered to move his feet made me want to spit.

The single bright spot this season has been Clayton Keller, and while he seems to exist external to the team itself in his ability to make plays out of nothing, even he seems to be showing signs of being subsumed into whatever Medieval illness that is plaguing the rest of the roster.

I don't see a reason to shake things up with a trade. The personnel looks fine to me. But if every single player is falling short of what he's capable of, then either the coaching staff needs to try something different, or we need to try a different coaching staff.

The Coyotes have not won a game since April. I was excited for this season, but I'm not even sure a win would feel good right now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I agree with Pho. Barroway needs to get an experienced hockey guy to work for him, and be his bridge between him and Chayka. He also needs to find a new coach and staff.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I agree with Pho. Barroway needs to get an experienced hockey guy to work for him, and be his bridge between him and Chayka. He also needs to find a new coach and staff.

I agree. I'd actually fire Chayka first since he's responsible for the terrible roster decisions made. If he stays then the new guy should be the one running hockey ops with Chayka reporting to him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Up until here I thought this post was complete sarcasm... then it didn't stop.

Wow.

Just watch him closely. He keeps on turning over pucks and he doesn't know what to do against the puck. Or if you don't wanna admit that at least look at the numbers. They don't lie. He's an NHL worst -11 despite starting 3 out of 4 shifts in the offensive zone...with elite linemates against weak opposition. It's the Dvorak line that gets the tougher matchups whenever possible.

I predicted it since the prospect games...multiple times. I never gave a damn about his ability to score...everybody knows he's capable of doing it when put in the position to do so. I always said that I'm more interested in Keller's allround game. It's not close from good enough at this point and it's not gonna get better by keeping him around.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Just watch him closely. He keeps on turning over pucks and he doesn't know what to do against the puck. Or if you don't wanna admit that at least look at the numbers. They don't lie. He's an NHL worst -11 despite starting 3 out of 4 shifts in the offensive zone...with elite linemates against weak opposition. It's the Dvorak line that gets the tougher matchups whenever possible.

I predicted it since the prospect games...multiple times. I never gave a damn about his ability to score...everybody knows he's capable of doing it when put in the position to do so. I always said that I'm more interested in Keller's allround game. It's not close from good enough at this point and it's not gonna get better by keeping him around.

If he keeps this up, he likely wins the Calder. Granted he isn't great on D and has made mistakes but he is a top 6 forward on any NHL team period.

Reactions: Yandover

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Tocchet better hope that Raanta can save his job.

Demers needs his ice time reduced. Problem is we’re stuck on D until Chychrun comes back.

Reactions: Yandover

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If he keeps this up, he likely wins the Calder. Granted he isn't great on D and has made mistakes but he is a top 6 forward on any NHL team period.

I don't care about Calder...the team is losing and one of the main reasons for that is a one way forward who's not good enough to play in the NHL. Can't be -11 if you get 75% offensive zone starts. Period. I'd rather see other players get more offensive zone starts and easier matchups. Dvorak for example.

Keller may be everybody's darling but I couldn't care less. He should be in the AHL to learn how to play against men. It's not gonna help anybody if he sticks. He's not gonna develop his allround game like that. The only thing he learns is how to lose.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Even before this mess started, I liked the idea of hiring Ken Holland in some sort of senior advisory role. His contract is up at season’s end and he’s likely done in Detroit if they miss the playoffs. They’re ushering in a new era there. Holland has done some bad deals as of late but I’d like to see him with a fresh start.

Doug Armstrong in STL is on the last year of his deal too.

I’d still keep JC as GM though.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Even before this mess started, I liked the idea of hiring Ken Holland in some sort of senior advisory role. His contract is up at season’s end and he’s likely done in Detroit if they miss the playoffs. They’re ushering in a new era there. Holland has done some bad deals as of late but I’d like to see him with a fresh start.

Doug Armstrong in STL is on the last year of his deal too.

I’d still keep JC as GM though.

I honestly think that Holland has gone senile...the Redwings are just about the same mess as the Coyotes. The only good thing about Holland would be that the prospect rushing would stop immediately. He also wouldn't have done those dumb trades Chayka did. He shouldn't be allowed to negotiate longterm contracts though. Honestly. Somebody has to tell him to gamble with money, not term...:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad