GDT: Game 10: Coyotes @ Rangers | 4 PM | FS-A | 620 AM

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Todd Walsh's interviews right now are so low-pitched and mumbly, you'd think he was in a confessional booth.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Todd Walsh's interviews right now are so low-pitched and mumbly, you'd think he was in a confessional booth.

I have a sneaking suspicion his funeral pyre interviews after losses contribute to the franchise wallowing in misery. There's no need to speak so down to professionals like that.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

Bless me Father for we have lost. It's been 2 days since my last loss. In that time we let in soft goals, blew defensive assignments, didn't take shots, tried to pass through 3 defenders.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
10 games in, no wins?

It's time.

EjTAeqq.gif

Reactions: Antonche

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I told myself I was gonna give them 10 games. Wow. Something just isn't clicking. While I am entertained, it clearly isn't working. We're 1/8 of the season in. That's a decent sample size. Something has to change. I honestly can't tell you what it is, but something drastic needs to be done.

Reactions: Jmmack

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I told myself I was gonna give them 10 games. Wow. Something just isn't clicking. While I am entertained, it clearly isn't working. We're 1/8 of the season in. That's a decent sample size. Something has to change. I honestly can't tell you what it is, but something drastic needs to be done.

A goalie that can turn in a quality start for once might help.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I would have preferred Nelson over Tocchet

I think a majority wanted Nelson, including myself, but I'm willing to give Tocc a little more time to turn it around. If Raanta comes back and shuts the gate but we're still losing, then he can f*** off :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Right now the goal tending and defense are shit. Can just a good goalie turn that around or do changes need to be made on the defense? It's next to impossible to get rid of Goligoski and Demers. All we'll probably see is Fischer getting demoted.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
10 games in, no wins?

It's time.

EjTAeqq.gif

Ugh. I'm not sure I can stand yet another campaign for last place. I'm also not sure the team can survive it, how many fans are left after the years and years of crap, and how many will we have if we're bottom 3 after all of these changes?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It seemed like this board was happy about the Tocchet hire.

Boy were we wrong.

I wasn't thrilled with Tocchet. I was even less thrilled with the rest of the coaching hires and the retention of Elkin. For me it was the big worry in what I thought was a really strong offseason by Chayka.

Ugh. I'm not sure I can stand yet another campaign for last place. I'm also not sure the team can survive it, how many fans are left after the years and years of crap, and how many will we have if we're bottom 3 after all of these changes?

There's a school of conspiratorial thought that says that the franchise is burning bridges to make a move to Quebec more palatable (with a resulting expansion to Houston). But while I don't buy that, I do think that a season like this is the absolute worst thing besides an actual relocation that could have happened to the Coyotes and the Arizona market after everything that has happened.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Starting goalie is hurt and things have snowballed out of control. I'm not going to get too down about it, other than to laugh at how it's so Coyotes.

Reactions: _Del_

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I wasn't thrilled with Tocchet. I was even less thrilled with the rest of the coaching hires and the retention of Elkin. For me it was the big worry in what I thought was a really strong offseason by Chayka.

There's a school of conspiratorial thought that says that the franchise is burning bridges to make a move to Quebec more palatable (with a resulting expansion to Houston). But while I don't buy that, I do think that a season like this is the absolute worst thing besides an actual relocation that could have happened to the Coyotes and the Arizona market after everything that has happened.
Tocchet wasn't my first choice but I thought it was a good hire. So far looks like I was wrong.

I also don't buy the burning bridges conspiracy. As badly as we suck, I just don't see it being intentional and premeditated. Had we not made the trades for stepan, raanta, and hjarmalsson, I could maybe see it, but those were clearly moves made to ATTEMPT to make us better in the short. It's just backfired tragically. I agree with the last sentence completely, and I worry this will hurt ticket sales and viewership even more, and that's bad for our long term stability regardless of your level of belief in Barroway.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

Where at? BOH? lol

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not gettting a couple of lucky token wins has really allowed this thing to snowball. It's in the heads of a young and mentally fragile team. They are coping very poorly with this. Raanta has to get back and get a shutout right away. It's the only thing that's going to keep this entire season's worth of cheese from sliding right off the cracker and onto the floor for good.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not gettting a couple of lucky token wins has really allowed this thing to snowball. It's in the heads of a young and mentally fragile team. They are coping very poorly with this. Raanta has to get back and get a shutout right away. It's the only thing that's going to keep this entire season's worth of cheese from sliding right off the cracker and onto the floor for good.

They need to shut down OEL as well. He has no push to his stride and he's just gliding out there. Literally fell down and turned the puck over with no real pressure on him today. I thought firing the training staff would solve this problem but apparently not.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They need to shut down OEL as well. He has no push to his stride and he's just gliding out there. Literally fell down and turned the puck over with no real pressure on him today. I thought firing the training staff would solve this problem but apparently not.
I blame the team neurologist. He treats all knee injuries, right? :sarcasm:

Reactions: _Del_

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The Walsh/Nash horror is to this disastrous team as Yakety Sax is to a chase scene. They just go together.

Speaking of Yakety Sax, our Adin is working on a highlight reel worthy of Benny.

They skated off the ice at the end at which I was sitting. They really, really look like a beaten down group of lads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad