GDT: Game 10: Canada Vs Russia | 1PM EST 7PM CET | RUS 6 - 0 CAN

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Giving Canada its biggest loss ever (since best on best) gives me almost as much satisfaction as winning the gold

I 'memba you from the SCPO against my Bruins.
You shot your mouth off how Bobrovsky and Panarin
were going to beat Rask and Boston. How did that work
out for you?

Try just enjoying the games and not gloating over a
bunch of 18/19 year olds clown.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I guess the people here crying about celebrating goals, we're up in arms when Canada run up the score against Denmark last year.

Reactions: Czechboy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I guess the people here crying about celebrating goals, we're up in arms when Canada run up the score against Denmark last year.

It's the IIHF's fault for including goal differential to determine position.

Everyone runs up scores against bottom-feeding teams in all IIHF competitions.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Just got home... This looks like it was a game from hell for Canada.

Get destroyed and lose your best player. And from the look of it, Laf could be out for a long time.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I agree with this. Everybody wants to catastrophize and point fingers. This is the same team that beat the US (minus Lafreniere, I guess) and mostly the same Russian team that lost to the Czechs. Psychology plays a huge part. If the US had scored the 3rd goal maybe that game gets out of hand. If the first one here is called offside maybe things don't snowball out of control. How they respond to a demoralizing loss and injury will be interesting to see. It'll be a tough thing to overcome. I'd like to see them cross paths with Russia again in the medal round. Might be the same outcome, but interesting to see how they can respond.
^^ Well said. ^^

We've all had days when EVERYTHING goes wrong. That's what happened, today. Add the fact that Russia brought their A-Game and we got smoked.

If we win Gold, NO ONE will remember or care. If we don't, in a week, no one will remember or care.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I 'memba you from the SCPO against my Bruins.
You shot your mouth off how Bobrovsky and Panarin
were going to beat Rask and Boston. How did that work
out for you?

Try just enjoying the games and not gloating over a
bunch of 18/19 year olds clown.
Are these unexpected line breaks in your sentences you taking a sip on some hard liquor ? Otherwise your post is a bit weak for a sober guy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If we win Gold, NO ONE will remember or care.

Of course it will be remembered.

We'll make up a big story about how it was the big turning point of the tournament.

We all remember Gretzky's rant at the Olympics in 2002. Canada weren't exactly playing very well in the round-robin.

Thank god for Mario Lemieux to get us to the Finals.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tough loss for Canada, though not surprising. They barely beat the worst coached US team in tournament history, so against a strong Russia team this was quite predictable.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tough loss for Canada, though not surprising. They barely beat the worst coached US team in tournament history, so against a strong Russia team this was quite predictable.

LOL, your salt is still showing.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst coached Canadian team in tournament history, given that this was the worst loss in tournament history, both in terms of score and in terms of performance.

So the US look even worse in retrospect, no?

If it's not the coaching, maybe the US roster just isn't as good as you think it is.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Was it wrong to keep the helmet on? Yes, of course. But Russia really does take dirty play and gloating to another level. And they do that against every team so it's not just a Canadian thing. I, like you, wish it would stop.
Yep, he should have taken his helmet off. The tournament formalities aren't a place for him to showcase his opinions. He said the right things in the interview, though he looked pretty dispirited (understandably).

I wouldn't say Russian teams act like that in general. I didn't find Kaprizov lead teams lacking in class, for example. Anyway, I don't really mind, I'm happy to have a reason to cheer for (or at least against) a team when I'm watching tomorrow.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Absolute bonkers

standing.jpg

How awesome is that?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Men against boys tonight. Let’s see how Canada bounces back. still early.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Of course it will be remembered.

We'll make up a big story about how it was the big turning point of the tournament.

We all remember Gretzky's rant at the Olympics in 2002. Canada weren't exactly playing very well in the round-robin.

Thank god for Mario Lemieux to get us to the Finals.
I don't believe it will be remembered.

There have been many blow out losses by teams that won Gold, and no one, minus the die-hards, remembers.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
LOL, your salt is still showing.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst coached Canadian team in tournament history, given that this was the worst loss in tournament history, both in terms of score and in terms of performance.

So the US look even worse in retrospect, no?

If it's not the coaching, maybe the US roster just isn't as good as you think it is.
I'm not trying to say anything positive about the US team lol, just that it's not surprising Canada struggled vs Russia.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yep, he should have taken his helmet off. The tournament formalities aren't a place for him to showcase his opinions. He said the right things in the interview, though he looked pretty dispirited (understandably).

I wouldn't say Russian teams act like that in general. I didn't find Kaprizov lead teams lacking in class, for example. Anyway, I don't really mind, I'm happy to have a reason to cheer for (or at least against) a team when I'm watching tomorrow.
:)

I try to enjoy the hockey - win, lose or draw, and I don't like the ugliness from any team. I just notice it more often, and to a greater degree, from Russia.

Anyway, I've talked this to death so... Time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad