Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Maple Leafs @ Bruins, May 1, 7:00 ET CBC, CNBC, NESN (Pt 2)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Man Jagr kind of scares me. I have a feeling he's gonna snipe some goals on us

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
If Bozak can't take faceoffs, might as well just rest him for Saturday.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
If Bozak can't take faceoffs, might as well just rest him for Saturday.

I'm not sure why either. It's a physical team and will be a grueling series. If his "upper body" can't handle faceoffs, how the hell is he gonna take a pounding from their tough D?

Anyone else watching this on NBC rather than CBC?
Absolutely depends on the commentators- and I'm not kidding. If it's Hughson, I will NOT watch a Leaf game in the playoffs on CBC if I have another choice of station. Sorry, but that ******** refuses to hide his anti-Leaf bias and who needs to hear that when we're the underdog anyways?

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I really hope Gards plays. Would love to pair him and liles together and have them just get the puck out and up to the Fwds. I think special teams is gonna be huge in the series.

Go big or go home game 1 gotta put offensive pressure on the Bs on their home ice. I like his game breaker potential.

wetcardboard

Oct 29, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone else watching this on NBC rather than CBC?

The first two games are on CNBC (typically a news station), not your typical local NBC stations, and AFAIK CNBC-HD is not available in Canada. If you're in the U.S. then I assume you'll be able to enjoy the first two games by not having to listen to Hughson. Of course there may be a chance that CNBC is simulcasting the CBC feed...if that's the case then God help us all! Or they could be simulcasting the NESN broadcast (all games for U.S. based teams in the first round are broadcast both regionally on Comcast Sportsnet, Fox Sports Net, etc AND nationally on the NBC family of networks, I don't know what will be simulcast and what will actually be done by NBC's broadcasters besides the weekend games).

Games 3+4 are on NHL Network US so that will either be a NESN or CBC simulcast.

Games 5-7 are so far only on CBC/NESN.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Like how Kuli and Mac BOTH had record years with that centerman. Who needs excuses when you have facts.

the past is the past, im going to start calling grabo GOMEZ. You people and your excuses, Gomez had career years too on the devils, look how that worked out

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Of course you can't wait. About 100 of your 300 posts have been strictly to rag on the guy.

nah kostka is WAY more of my posts trust me, why shouldnt gomez get my "raging" when hes done nothing for 2 years and is the highest paid forward #accountability

mikebel111*

I'm not sure why either. It's a physical team and will be a grueling series. If his "upper body" can't handle faceoffs, how the hell is he gonna take a pounding from their tough D?

Absolutely depends on the commentators- and I'm not kidding. If it's Hughson, I will NOT watch a Leaf game in the playoffs on CBC if I have another choice of station. Sorry, but that ******** refuses to hide his anti-Leaf bias and who needs to hear that when we're the underdog anyways?

on twitter it was tweeted that, hughson, simpson and healy will do the entire series. time for kessel trade talk again, or that hamilton is a future hall of famer:shakehead

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
If Hughson starts his ******** I will watch NESN on my satellite... I dont care if boston crews are homers its better then hearing the leafs subliminally get bashed.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Took kessel and jvr in my playoff pool. Lets go boys.

Also, apparently Tyler bozak doesn't know if hell he able to take draws if he's in the lineup. IMO he shouldn't be playing at all if he can't take draws. No point

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
According to David Alter twitter, during practice defence pairs switched to Kostka-O'Byrne and Gardnier-Liles

Could be Carlyle is just trying to keep the B's off balance, making them guess the lineup.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
nah kostka is WAY more of my posts trust me, why shouldnt gomez get my "raging" when hes done nothing for 2 years and is the highest paid forward #accountability

You mean, "ragging."

Gomez isn't on our team, he plays for the San Jose Sharks - I don't know who you're talking about.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
You mean, "ragging."

Gomez isn't on our team, he plays for the San Jose Sharks - I don't know who you're talking about.

grabo is the 2nd coming of gomez, ill remind you of this thread when he does nothing next year too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad