Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Maple Leafs @ Bruins, May 1, 7:00 ET CBC, CNBC, NESN (Pt 2)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1415779

Chris Johnston@reporterchris7m
Tyler Bozak (upper body injury) looks much stronger handling/shooting the puck than he did yesterday. Leafs expect him back for Game 1.

Injuries are often exploited in the playoffs by opponents in a series.

Bozak should expect extra contact as a result, once he returns. If he is not 100% he could easily be sidelined again as a result.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Edit: ^^ Dammit - exact same time. :laugh:

Practice lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's intriguing. I don't mind that line up...if Grabovski can show up and play good.

That would give us 3 scoring lines because I feel Kadri can get MacArthur and Frattin going.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

Practice lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Personally, I like it, specifically having Orr in there to set a tone. I hope Randy sticks with this, Frattin in could be huge as he's a strong boy, decent on the forecheck.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
i think those lines are an attempt to get Grabovski going. show some faith in him (and do so using players with who he's had chemistry in the past)

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Going into Boston to start a series is going to be tough. Regardless of how they have played lately. You might be able to get off to a quick start, but I don't expect Boston to be the same team they have been over the last few weeks for too long. We might be able to steal the first game, or period, but I expect them to wake up from their slumber. Lots of experience over there. Hoping to just keep it close and hopefully Rask will fall apart and fall down while throwing his stick again :laugh:

All in all its just valuable experience for most of the team. Even if they have played post season in other leagues, it can't compare to a first round NHL series. Luckily we have. Coach who has won it all and knows what it takes, he has the team buying in for the regular season, lets see if they take the next step. Very excited to see who ups their game. Does Kulemin become a playoff beast, Grabovski find his energy again. Who wants the stage and do it in Carlyle's system.

9 years was too long.

satyr9

Sep 20, 2009
Peverley, Soderberg and Pandolfo wearing the green jerseys at practice.

Lines/color schemes-white: Lucic-Krejci-Horton/gold: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin/grey: Daugavins-Kelly-Jagr/merlot: Paille-Campbell-Thornton^CS

I don't think I'm supposed to cross-post from other boards, but this is useful info and he deserves credit for posting it, right?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Practice lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Kadri has had success with both Frattin and MacArthur so I can see that reasoning.
Grabo being handed a golden opportunity, we know he can play well with Kulemin, having Lupul there upgrades the old Mac and the USSR line.

Like it.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Practice lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

I just hope we don't spread the scoring too much where the lines are too weak to score. But scoring is spread out pretty nicely. Kadri seemed to have chemistry with everyone in the first half of the season including those two. Lupul may help Grabovski get going (hopefully). And the top line is still the same.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 20m
#leafs D: Gunnarsson-Phaneuf, Fraser-Franson, Liles-Kostka, Gardiner-O'Byrne

Damnit :( I hate Costco. I hope he's not going to be a liability like 95% of the time.

Gardiner-ROB probably means that both are healthy scratches.

Why can't we have ROB in the line up instead..

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
Bruins line combo's from Boston's PGT

Today’s lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Kaspars Daugavins-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Jay Pandolfo-Carl Soderberg-Rich Peverley

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
Wade Redden-Adam McQuaid

Aaron Johnson-Dougie Hamilton

-----------------------

They all seem REALLY pissed about the lines too lol. Specifically Jagr being on the 3rd line and Horton on the first

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Today’s lineup:

Wade Redden-Adam McQuaid

-----------------------

They all seem REALLY pissed about the lines too lol. Specifically Jagr being on the 3rd line and Horton on the first

It looks like they are spreading out their scoring too.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

Today’s lineup:

Wade Redden-Adam McQuaid

-----------------------

Has to be a throw off, right? No Peverley or Hamilton? :hyper::highclap:

But wait, Kostus is in? :shakehead :cry: :facepalm: Ryan O'Byrne is a worse option with his huge size? Gimme a ****in break Randy

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
I hope that the Leafs can at least make this series interesting. With the piss-poor performances that we have seen over the last 5-8 games it is questionable whether or not they can pull this one off.

While I understand that the Bruins are not playing their best hockey either, the Leafs will need to come up with a performance better than they have been over the last two weeks or so to get even one win against the B's.

Keys to success will be to take more shots, spend some time in the offensive zone, and try to limit the top lines defensive zone time.

Reimer is going to need to be huge, and the big boys gotta come out fists first.

tl;dr Leafs need to be better than last performance, More offence, Less Defensive time for the top line, reimer needs to come up big.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Costco whole-sale turnovers time. :yo:

From the warehouse to your television screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad