GDT: Game 1 - hurricanes play jets - 8 pee emm east time zone

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
From what I watched, Slavin is the real deal.

Aho was nervous, but made great plays.

Aho-Lindy-TT needs to be changed up.

Skins - Rask - Stemp is a solid line.

Bickell has a use, Stalberg was pretty good also.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I want Ward to still be good, but he just isn't anymore. This loss wasn't entirely on him though; the 3rd period was a fuster cluck all around. On the plus side they were perfect on the PK and 2/4 on the PP. Keep that up and they're bound to do some winning

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
From what I watched, Slavin is the real deal.

Aho was nervous, but made great plays.

Aho-Lindy-TT needs to be changed up.

Skins - Rask - Stemp is a solid line.

Bickell has a use, Stalberg was pretty good also.

If Stempniak brings that level of play on a regular basis we are in for a treat. He looked very good.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This loss is on Skinner from my perspective. Up 4-1 and on a power play, he gave the puck away. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

Annoying, but eh. There's plenty of light.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This loss is on Skinner from my perspective. Up 4-1 and on a power play, he gave the puck away. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

Annoying, but eh. There's plenty of light.

He pretty much said as much in the post game.

"That was definitely not a good pass. That's not a good play by me," an honest Skinner said after the game. "That leads to their second goal and a pretty big momentum change. Not a good play at all. It's tough for the team to bounce back after that."

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The way Winnepeg scored their goals is encouraging, in that it seems unlikely those types of goals will be a regular occurrence.

Result is bad, but this all bodes well for the future. Hanifin looks like a different player out there.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
It was rough....we had them like a python choking out a fat pig.....they got no shots on a 5 on 3 and 2 more PP.....they had what 11 shots through 2 periods? Their crowd was silent and depressed....

Then that turnover....

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
The plus side is we didn't have the depressing 1 - 2 loss where we weren't an offensive threat at all....but even Jordans line looked less defensively stout.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
well see if jordans line lasts, from a full-game perspective (not a last 10 min perspective) they were the worst part of that game for the canes imo. they just didnt drive possession like we are used to seeing, had a lot of trouble establishing anything in the offensive zone.

id like to see pdg out there, i still have a bad taste in my mouth from nordstroms last 10 min.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
nestrasil still looked a step slow (not unexpected)

nordstrom was just brutal out there, though... couldn't hold onto the puck to save his life

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
The way Winnepeg scored their goals is encouraging, in that it seems unlikely those types of goals will be a regular occurrence.

Result is bad, but this all bodes well for the future. Hanifin looks like a different player out there.

First goal was lucky but something tells me that wont be the last softie Cam lets in.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Echoing the above sentiments, there's no reason for Nordstrom to be taking a spot from PDG if he keeps playing that bad.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC

Unless you think there is a move coming for a new goaltender then this statement I think is ignoring history. up 4-1 in the third, its hard to lose that game. I am furious and defeated this morning.

Cam is terrible. Every now and then the goalie has to make some saves. 26 shots and 5 goals...embarrassing.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Watching the Panthers/Devils highlights makes me even sadder. Ridiculous save after ridiculous save by Schneider and Luongo. The Canes are going to have a tough time making the Playoffs with this Ward/Lack dumpster fire.

Tying goal was also a complete disaster. Ward was far out of position and the two deepest players to the crease were Jets who had enough room to do pretty much whatever they wanted. Canes couldn't have played it much worse.

Last edited:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Watching the Panthers/Devils highlights makes me even sadder. Ridiculous save after ridiculous save by Schneider and Luongo. The Canes are going to have a tough time making the Playoffs with this Ward/Lack dumpster fire.

You have to wonder if RF's comments about managing expectations were mainly due to the tandem in goal. No doubt we have other lose ends, but I can't imagine a GM on the planet that would sleep well knowing these 2 are what they have to go with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad