Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In fairness, it was an elbow and a headshot. Can't defend the Kadri play, but it was a pretty blatant elbow.

Kadri was wrong, and it was dirty, but Bruins fans might want to think about crying wolf. They've got a guy of their own who has been known to pull the same type of crap.

That said, Kadri needs to check his emotions and turn the other way. No need for that type of play.

It wasn’t an elbow. Wingels doesn’t even get him. It looks like Marner tried to sell it and Kadri bought it?

Go to the 55-59 second mark.

Should Leafs' Nazem Kadri be suspended for hit on Tommy Wingels? - Sportsnet.ca

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson are huge Leaf homers, I wouldn’t put much weight into what they say.

Yes, I think a little bias is fair enough but this is the CBC, not a local hometown broadcast. I was taken aback at how they seemed to take a Leaf fan's perspective on everything. I suppose a deep run for the Leafs is so critical to Rogers' bottom line that they can't help themselves.

Reactions: snowkiddin

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Hopefully the league looks at the hit by Wingels on Marner, as he elbows him in the head. If doughty gets a game, this kid should sit for one also I think.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
can't say i'm shocked. that's a damn good team there. didn't quite get the lack of leafs fan nervousness before the game.

my worst fear materialized - their best players dominated, ours were invisible.

they demolished us out of the gate, but we fought our way back in. but then we choked - 2 PPs wasted with a chance to take the lead, and 2 open nets missed by our 2 best players, matthews and marner. that was just killer.

and then, the coup de grace - babcock for some insane reason puts the 4th line out for the last shift of the 2nd, and they get destroyed and give up the killer 2 goal lead. that is just BS stupid coaching.

and to top it off, freddy was the 2nd best goalie on the night, too.

the only saving grace might be that humiliation is better for this team than a tight moral victory. i've always been more nervous about them being overconfident than scared....so maybe this is the wake up call they needed.

but holy **** did this suck.

Babcock needs to play Dermott more than he does. He’s our third best D. Saddling him with Polak is probably not a good idea.

Leafs might need to stack their lines. Bergeron’s line is too good to be contained by one line. It’s going to take a total team effort.

Polak also needs to sit for Carrick. Babcock keeps telling us he is in because of his PK abilities but he was clueless on the PK, as was Hainsey.

Only good thing that might come out of Kadri’s potential suspension is that Johnsson gets in. The scary thing: Plekanec on the second line. He was completely dominated by Bergeron’s line. Don’t think they had a single shot against that match up.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
No one thought it was going to be an easy series, just like Bruins fans shouldn't assume it's already over. Keep trying.

Not sure when you arrived in GDT but after first 10 minutes there was like 100 Leafs fans calling the series over. No one from Bruins side is calling this done yet. Lets win a 2nd game in Toronto before calling it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->