Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Holy f*** the Bruins swept all the leaves into a big pile and burnt the shit out of them!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Seriously. It’s not even close. Marchand is far dirtier than Kadri.

Kadri took a dumb penalty in the heat of the moment. I don’t think he should get suspended for it. The 5 and a game was more than plenty.

No, it wasn’t.

Doesn’t matter if it was heat of the moment. He left his feet to put his hip into the head of a defenseless player that was down on the ice against the boards.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Seriously. It’s not even close. Marchand is far dirtier than Kadri.

Kadri took a dumb penalty in the heat of the moment. I don’t think he should get suspended for it. The 5 and a game was more than plenty.

Took a penalty in the moment???

Guy cheap shotted a player, time to pay up. 1 or 2 games.

If that was Marchand in the moment everyone would be crying and calling 911.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I would definitely start Curtis next game. Andersen isn't getting the message! He needs to be' the best' player if the Leafs are to be successful throughout the playoffs. He hasn't even been good for a while now,something is very wrong! Curtis has been better!
Also, Babs has gotta own this loss, I don't wanna hear any of his usual media sound bites. Sure, the players are the ones out there ,but he made bad decisions that just can't be made by a veteran coach in the playoffs From the first non -challenge offside goal,the too many men penalty, pp personnel (Komarov, srsly?), No line shake ups and no double shifting offensive players to create mismatches.Once it became obvious that Pleks and Komarov were not effective why not play the other lines more? Basically , I didn't care much for Babs this game.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
If Marner got hit in the numbers, it was because he spun at the last second. I think most would agree that Wingels did catch Marner with an elbow, which should have resulted in a two minute minor.

It in no way shape or form excuses Kadri for that incredibly dirty hit on Wingels. Guy was down and against the boards and Kadri jumped and targeted his head with his hip.

Agreed.

It was a definite elbow on Marner, but there is no excuse for Kadri to pull that stupidity. I get it's an emotional game, and I think he was reacting to the Marner hit and the penalty he had just served, but you have to be smarter than that. He'll probably get a game, hurting the Leafs in the process.

Oh well, on to Game 2. I thought the Leafs controlled play for the second half of the first period, and most of the second. That 3-1 sucked the life out of the Leafs and it turned into a backyard beatdown. Full marks to the B's for the win.

You'll see a different Leafs team in Game 2, I have no doubt. This series is far from over.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
There were soft calls both ways and a bunch obvious penalties missed on both sides too. Marner was elbowed and pinched by Chara but it wasn’t nearly as bad as kadris hit. Kadri was defending him and made a dumb play. It happens. I have no prob admitting it was a dirty hit and he will prob get a game and that’s fine. Chara coulda done far more on Marner but he let up. So I respect that.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
:laugh:

First it was an elbow.

Then it was a blatant elbow to the face.

Then it became a “headshot”.

Pretty soon it will be Wingels getting suspended instead of Kadri.

In fairness, it was an elbow and a headshot. Can't defend the Kadri play, but it was a pretty blatant elbow.

Kadri was wrong, and it was dirty, but Bruins fans might want to think about crying wolf. They've got a guy of their own who has been known to pull the same type of crap.

That said, Kadri needs to check his emotions and turn the other way. No need for that type of play.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Umm no one said this was going to be easy. Boston is great at home and above .500 on the road.

It’s not over after one game though as much as the Sens, Oilers, Habs, Canucks, Jets and Flames fans would like it to be.

Actually some Leaf fans said it would be. They boasted about Toronto’s record against Boston the last two seasons, and didn’t give the Bruins much credit. Not saying all Leaf fans felt that way, but some around here sure did.

I never said it was over. It’s not. I still think this goes at least six games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
can't say i'm shocked. that's a damn good team there. didn't quite get the lack of leafs fan nervousness before the game.

my worst fear materialized - their best players dominated, ours were invisible.

they demolished us out of the gate, but we fought our way back in. but then we choked - 2 PPs wasted with a chance to take the lead, and 2 open nets missed by our 2 best players, matthews and marner. that was just killer.

and then, the coup de grace - babcock for some insane reason puts the 4th line out for the last shift of the 2nd, and they get destroyed and give up the killer 2 goal lead. that is just BS stupid coaching.

and to top it off, freddy was the 2nd best goalie on the night, too.

the only saving grace might be that humiliation is better for this team than a tight moral victory. i've always been more nervous about them being overconfident than scared....so maybe this is the wake up call they needed.

but holy shit did this suck.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
We talking about Kadri hit; what about sexual harassment?

Marchand trying to force himself on Komarov; kissing him on the ice uninvited - shouldn't this be reviewed by the League?

:sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
and twice as good

I’m glad at least you admit that he’s twice as dirty but no he’s not twice as good as a C who scored back to back 30 goals.

Marchand and Kadri are definitely in a different tier in terms of talent and dirtiness though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad