GDT: Game 1: Caps vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
No fear here. It's time to finish this or rebuild. Wilson has a monster game and I expect this series will get bloody by the end. This team won the division despite losing players, so just maybe it's our time.

Go Caps!

Reactions: calicapsfan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Hoping for the best but always expecting this:

giphy.gif
Or this:

2wq7mts.jpg

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
haha, the mods didn't put our GDT on the main board. Why not to honor home team's tradition and for once to have our GDT on the mains? after all we are hockey fans and superstitions are real here

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I’m kinda jealous.
True, I feel like as much as I joke about each loss taking a part of my soul in reality with each loss I find myself in deeper. I feel the strain of it and it's harder to just be like "Welp, it's a dumb kids game" because it's now this thing I begin to feel like will never give me relief. I've allowed myself to consider the possibility of Cubs like droughts and a lifetime of this whole rollercoaster

I'm deeply emotionally invested at this point in my life and it's dumb and bothersome but it does eat at me for at least a week or so after we lose.

All of that craziness above just piles into my delusion of how great it will feel if/when we win. Each loss is another notch in the "it will just feel that much better". I'm at the point where I actually wonder if my ability to walk away comes after we win. Like I could see my interest just waning after the chase ends.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
haha, the mods didn't put our GDT on the main board. Why not to honor home team's tradition and for once to have our GDT on the mains? after all we are hockey fans and superstitions are real here

It says in the rules that if your GDT doesn't contain enough information that they will go with the road team's GDT by default.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Our tale of woe seems to involve quite the viscous cycle. The team’s annual failures feed into our collective anxiety about how they’ll perform - an anxiety which, in turn, seems to adversely effect the team’s performance. It’s rather perverse if you think about it.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Are we ever gonna make a real GDT like the teams that go past the 2nd round in the playoffs? Asking for a friend on the team who gets super down when he checks hfboards in between periods and sees the away team GDT on the main boards because the home team fans are too lazy but pretend like its ironic

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Pens played harder last night than the Caps have played since Barry's 1st year. Even if we make it thru the 1st round we are done.
Harder? No. They just executed their game plan and because they are who they are after 2 goals in the first period the Flyers figured it was a lost cause. The Pens own mental real estate on every team in the league, a 2 goal lead for them basically makes a team feel ruined.

The Flyers were already the shakiest team heading in, and their flawes were on grand display last night. I actually didn't see the Pens play hard at all, that hardly broke a sweat nor needed to.

I think their games against Philly are not indicative of their actual level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad