GDT: Game 1: Caps vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Here's a quarter...calls someone who cares.

OvechkinCelebration-NYRangers04302012.gif

I'm sure he's thrilled the fans don't give a f***

Reactions: calicapsfan

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
You’re crazy if you don’t think Wilson is going to kick someone’s ass. ;)

Won’t be surprised one bit if Cbus tries to set the tone and Wilson silences them early.
When was the last time Wilson had a fight for the sake of having a fight?

When was the last time he had a fight in the post-season?

I'll tell you the answer to both. The last proper fight he had was Feb 27th, he had 12 other fights before that and 50% of them came before he gained a top line roll (early Dec). So in a period of like 2 months of the early season he accrued half of his total fights, then in the next 5 months he spread the other 6 out. Someone is clearly telling him his roll on this team has changed and that he shouldn't be fighting any more.

Last season TW43 played his best postseason ever, he had 0 fights. The year before he had 1 fight, the previous playoffs he had 1 fight and that was because he had to answer for a hit.

Did you know in his two seasons with the lowest time on ice he has his 1st and 3rd most career fights? When you're on the top line you don't do that stuff, when you're a bottom 6 grinder and have been told this is your value you do.

If Tom Wilson fights for shits and gigs tonight or at all this series, #1 someone on our team is an idiot and needs to be fired for allowing that, #2 I'll eat crow.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I'm sure he's thrilled the fans don't give a ****

Hey maybe you don't and I'm on the fence, but there'll be plenty of people watching them on the tube tonight. I gave up my STH status yearsssss ago thanks to the price increases but here we are discussing fan apathy on a Caps message board. Could be worse.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When was the last time Wilson had a fight for the sake of having a fight?

When was the last time he had a fight in the post-season?

I'll tell you the answer to both. The last proper fight he had was Feb 27th, he had 12 other fights before that and 50% of them came before he gained a top line roll (early Dec). So in a period of like 2 months of the early season he accrued half of his total fights, then in the next 5 months he spread the other 6 out. Someone is clearly telling him his roll on this team has changed and that he shouldn't be fighting any more.

Last season TW43 played his best postseason ever, he had 0 fights. The year before he had 1 fight, the previous playoffs he had 1 fight and that was because he had to answer for a hit.

Did you know in his two seasons with the lowest time on ice he has his 1st and 3rd most career fights? When you're on the top line you don't do that stuff, when you're a bottom 6 grinder and have been told this is your value you do.

If Tom Wilson fights for ****s and gigs tonight or at all this series, #1 someone on our team is an idiot and needs to be fired for allowing that, #2 I'll eat crow.

If someone cheap shot Kuzy, which wouldn't shock, Wilson would step up. I'm pretty sure

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Why? The Capitals over achieved this season. Losing Williams, MAJO, Alzner, Shattenkirk and Schultz in the off season (though couldn't imagine where this team would be right now if McPhee did take Grubauer instead of Schultz) and rolling with four rookies (Vrana, Stephenson, Djoos and Bowey many a night) no one saw the Caps finishing the season where they did. That Torts and the Jackets obviously tanked the last game of the season so to avoid the Penguins and go against the Caps I think puts more pressure on them. As far as I'm concerned, the Capitals are playing with house money right now, the expectations for this team is not as high as last year's team or previous seasons, which I believe benefits this Caps team.

Precisely why I want the Caps to close this series out fast. I can understand from an opposing coach point of view, but it is a cowardly way and shows disrespect towards the Caps. Same for NJ.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Why? The Capitals over achieved this season. Losing Williams, MAJO, Alzner, Shattenkirk and Schultz in the off season (though couldn't imagine where this team would be right now if McPhee did take Grubauer instead of Schultz) and rolling with four rookies (Vrana, Stephenson, Djoos and Bowey many a night) no one saw the Caps finishing the season where they did. That Torts and the Jackets obviously tanked the last game of the season so to avoid the Penguins and go against the Caps I think puts more pressure on them. As far as I'm concerned, the Capitals are playing with house money right now, the expectations for this team is not as high as last year's team or previous seasons, which I believe benefits this Caps team.

Because they could be 0-81 and that last game is still gonna make me nervous if I'm their. I want a good game when I'm their.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad