GDT: Game 1: Avs @ Rangers - Thursday, October 5th, 5pm MT - We Get Hockey Again!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The team got rid of all the trouble makers from last year and if they scratch Z and Soda they must have a reason. The truth is, we have no idea about what's happening off the ice.

It's easy to sit behind your computer and call them idiots when you don't even know what's happening.
Oh yeah, they must have a reason for scratching the most integral piece from the ROR trade in favour of Patrik Nemeth. I'd love to hear that reason.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You are absolutely right. Jared Bednar could easily be blackmailing Sakic into allowing him to keep his job. Good point
What if Z is being an arrogant little shit who don't want to do what's told to do while Bednar is trying to straightened up that locker room? Same locker room that was filled with cancer last year, might I add. Should he let him play anyway?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What if Z is being an arrogant little **** who don't want to do what's told to do while Bednar is trying to straightened up that locker room? Same locker room that was filled with cancer last year, might I add. Should he let him play anyway?

I would fully support Z if he went full Radulov on Bednar

Reactions: McMetal and Avs91

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
So disappointed Zads isn't going to be on the opening night roster !! A big part of the reason I wanted to watch the Avs this season was to see guys like Zads and Lindholm in the line-up. Instead we get more Barberio and a guy they haven't even tested out.

What's going through Bednar's mind ... Our defense is going to get clobbered tonight. The Rangers are going to be walking all around our zone, having a party. Barberio on the 1st pairing and some Nemeth dude on the 2nd pairing.

Maybe Bednar really wants to see the team sink.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Z communicates a lot with the coaches during practice. He and Bednar had a long talk yesterday and he talked a lot with Pratt. It's just guys talking, I don't think there's any arrogance there. It's not like when Soda and Bednar got together and Soda looked like he didn't care. Z and Bednar both were just communicating with each other. His stick breaking was probably out of frustration more than anything.

This team knows Z is a big part moving forward so I think they're trying to give him a kick in the pants. I don't really agree with it because we're putting a lesser team on the ice, but I'm not the coach.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Haha, I love the drama already!! It is absolutely OK to disagree with the decision. I don't think it is fair to say the coaching staff has no idea what they're doing. They have many NHL games under their belt while all of us posting here combined have 0 games of professional hockey coaching experience.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot of "what ifs" being thrown around. I'll just take their word for it for now and believe they aren't happy with his game after he missed time. Prior to Zadorov showing up, Bednar was saying he wanted him next to EJ so he probably thinks highly of him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Haha, I love the drama already!! It is absolutely OK to disagree with the decision. I don't think it is fair to say the coaching staff has no idea what they're doing. They have many NHL games under their belt while all of us posting here combined have 0 games of professional hockey coaching experience.
It's fair to call out coaches and claim they have no idea what they're doing.

For example, when Dallas Eakins coached in Edmonton he tried as hard as he could to turn Nail Yakupov into a bottom-6 grinder. He failed miserably, and did a ton of damage to Yakupov's career. He's a man who played 120 games in the NHL over his career and a ton more in the AHL. But just because he played in those leagues does not make him immune from being idiotic or making idiotic decisions.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Waivers guy on the top pairing, waivers guy on the second pairing, two rookies on the third pairing, Zadorov healthy scratched, and Duchene still sounding miserable as ever.

Happy new season, Avs fans! Enjoy.

It's going to be another long one but it should result in another Top-5 pick plus hopefully more 1st rounders as well.

I told you guys, the Avs aren't trying to win...it's part of the plan. There is NO WAY anyone can suggest that having 3 pairings of d-men who haven't played in any pre-season games together, is a good idea or trying to win.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's fair to call out coaches and claim they have no idea what they're doing.

For example, when Dallas Eakins coached in Edmonton he tried as hard as he could to turn Nail Yakupov into a bottom-6 grinder. He failed miserably, and did a ton of damage to Yakupov's career. He's a man who played 120 games in the NHL over his career and a ton more in the AHL. But just because he played in those leagues does not make him immune from being idiotic or making idiotic decisions.
I think what's happening to Colborne, Soda and Zadorov are related.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's going to be another long one but it should result in another Top-5 pick plus hopefully more 1st rounders as well.

I told you guys, the Avs aren't trying to win...it's part of the plan. There is NO WAY anyone can suggest that having 3 pairings of d-men who haven't played in any pre-season games together, is a good idea or trying to win.

All in for Dahlin.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't see this team picking up more 1st round picks.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's not about Nemeth starting instead of Z. We know they see Nemeth as this great vet pick up. It's about starting Mironov instead. If we want to push the earn it and accountability angle then saying Mironov has earned that spot more is ridiculous. He didn't look ready for the NHL, everyone thought he should and probably would be in the AHL not for his Euro clause. He did not play much in the preseason either.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
First game of the season, and despite these odd choices on D, I am excited to see Kerfoot tonight for the first time.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's not about Nemeth starting instead of Z. We know they see Nemeth as this great vet pick up. It's about starting Mironov instead. If we want to push the earn it and accountability angle then saying Mironov has earned that spot more is ridiculous. He didn't look ready for the NHL, everyone thought he should and probably would be in the AHL not for his Euro clause. He did not play much in the preseason either.
That's only true if you believe that he was scratched because he was not as good as the others, which is obviously not the case.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
WTF Bednar?!?!?! Bednar is aiming for the worst win percentage as a head coach in NHL history isn't he.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I would fully support Z if he went full Radulov on Bednar
I don't know what's really happening but I do know that this team needs a culture change more than it needs Zadorov or any other player. If that's what Bednar is trying to do I'm behind him 1000%.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I don't understand.

Hasn't mironov been penciled in to the 3rd RD spot for the longest time?

Who were we expecting to play in that spot?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
WTF Bednar?!?!?! Bednar is aiming for the worst win percentage as a head coach in NHL history isn't he.
I heard a little nugget while listening to NHL radio the other day. It was two out of the three from Jake Hahn/Tyler Materasz/Nick Alberga and it was about how the Avs "can't possibly be as bad as they were last season. They need to play for Jared Bednar. The guy is way too good of a coach for the players to not perform for him". Not exact words but very similar. I just chuckled. They don't know just how bad he really is.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Zadorov isn't an NHL d-man that's why he's scratched. He constantly makes mistake after mistake and careless plays in the d zone

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The Avs know you can't make the playoffs in the first month, but you can damn sure make sure you miss them in that time.

They're playing for the picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad