GDT: Game 1: Avs @ Rangers - Thursday, October 5th, 5pm MT - We Get Hockey Again!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't know what's really happening but I do know that this team needs a culture change more than it needs Zadorov or any other player. If that's what Bednar is trying to do I'm behind him 1000%.

That's only true if you believe that he was scratched because he was not as good as the others, which is obviously not the case.

Bednar is part of the problem with the "culture," and it's obvious. Soderberg being scratch and thrown into the trash can was bad enough.

Bednar's words and his actions don't align.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bednar is part of the problem with the "culture," and it's obvious. Soderberg being scratch and thrown into the trash can was bad enough.

Bednar's words and his actions don't align.
Bingo. You don't go from scoring 48 points, 44 points, and a career high 51 points three seasons in a row to scoring 14 points while being demoted to the 4th line. Bednar has no idea what he's doing.

That said, I'm not defending Soderberg for moping or mailing it in. But there were better ways to go about it last season and Bednar flat out refused. Looks like he's picking up right where he left off last season with Zadorov.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First game of the season, and despite these odd choices on D, I am excited to see Kerfoot tonight for the first time.

I'm excited to watch him as well. I've said it a few times now but he was one of the most impressive players in preseason. It was probably a combination of his play and the low expectations I had for him going in but he looked good. Hopefully that line can get off to a good start.

Kerfoot not getting his #14 because Comeau has it makes me dislike Comeau even more now. Yeah, I know that makes no sense but I can't help it. Comeau's just the worst.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar is part of the problem with the "culture," and it's obvious.

There's a strong losing culture in this org and it was installed well before Bednar. It was there before Roy (remember the "Vegas" thing with Giguere?) and came back during Roy's last season. There's a reason why Roy wanted to clean up and ultimately decided to leave.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm excited to watch him as well. I've said it a few times now but he was one of the most impressive players in preseason. It was probably a combination of his play and the low expectations I had for him going in but he looked good. Hopefully that line can get off to a good start.

Kerfoot not getting his #14 because Comeau has it makes me dislike Comeau even more now. Yeah, I know that makes no sense but I can't help it. Comeau's just the worst.
I hate Comeau even more just because of this post. It's natural.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There's a strong losing culture in this org and it was installed well before Bednar. It was there before Roy (remember the "Vegas" thing with Giguere?) and came back during Roy's last season. There's a reason why Roy wanted to clean up and ultimately decided to leave.
Roy just did his first public interview and didn't say anything like that. He's not one to hold back. He did say he wasn't happy about the Holden and Stastny decisions though.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I will be amazed if the Avs won't get outshot by a large margin. Using 4 years to assemble the kind of defense the Avs have is truly an amazing accomplishment.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

Avs44

May 16, 2011

And yet Roy got 80-90 points out of the same roster Bednar turned into 48 points. This defense of Bednar is beyond me. He deserves zero benefit of the doubt, he deserves zero faith. It's up to him to prove everyone wrong. 12 teams put up more than double the points of the Avs last season. 12. Until he displays otherwise over the course of a season, I consider him a moron hopelessly over his head at the NHL level.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

On the bright side, I hopefully get another player wearing #13 to like. I was a big fan of Kamensky and Hinote.

Reactions: Tru

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
So Z misses the start of camp and isn't ready but the guy who joined 2 days ago is? And in a top-4 role no less. This team...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A coach shouldn't be overly concerned about how his players feel about him but it sure seems like Bednar is alienating a fair amount of them. Obviously I don't care what he does with Soderberg but this call on Zadorov is just plain stupid, especially so close to the season. That call could have and should have been made way, way sooner than the day before the season opener.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Whatever is going on with the coaches, with Z, he's been scratched by 3 different coaches in every year he's played. Whatever it is , it needs to be sorted, maybe its just a little more fine tuning idk

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This feels like it has less to do with Zadorov looking out of shape and more to do with them being unhappy that he didn't sign by the time camp started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad