GDT: Game 1: Avs @ Rangers - Thursday, October 5th, 5pm MT - We Get Hockey Again!

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I got a free bet from some site that I decided to spend on the Avs winning in regulation tonight.

If they do so, I get like 15 bucks because of the very long odds the Avs have tonight....

And I really want my 15 bucks so the guys better win...

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
LEtssss gooooooo! I'll miss a lot of the first period until I get off work. Lets get this season started off right!

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The journey to Dahlin begins tonight, let's start out terribly and keep the momentum going.

Start bad, be bad in the middle part, and end bad! It's all about that consistency boys!

Joking aside, I am looking forward to seeing how our young talent develops. Would absolutely love it if MacK was able to take that next step, he looked stupidly fast in pre-season.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A respectful improvement and winning the lottery drafting Dahlin would be the perfect outcome of this season for the Avs. Not sure about this game, i'm thinking Rangers take it.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm gonna say a nervous start for the Avs lets the Rags take it 4-2 with an empty netter. But still an entertaining & close game.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

Putting this here for good mojo

Haha I've always loved the slow motion replay on this goal. You can literally see the moment Hank shits his pants when he misses the poke check, that being said, the fact that he recognizes he needs to adjust in a fraction of a second and drops the stick to get the blocker up faster just shows how ridiculously quick he processes the game.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Soda is a healthy scratch tonight

Chambers says Barbs - EJ, Nemeth - Barrie as the top 4 :help:

This is even better than I previously thought. 4 years in charge, and Sakic's top four left side on opening night- no injuries - are both waiver pick ups.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
hold me... I'm nervous.

I haven't been able to resign myself to defeat this offseason.

The fresh faces in the lineup give me hope. Dunno about for what, though. Most people think it's silly to believe the Avs can sniff a wildcard. And I don't know how you can take a respectable step forward while still being in the mix for Dahlin, so the_fan's post makes absolutely no sense to me.

A big part of me is really desperate to believe that this little youth movement of ours can make something happen sooner than we think... So, yeah. I'm nervous.

And, I just saw the post above... Barbs in the lineup is a major disappointment for me.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Their pre-season decisions make no sense to me at this point. They played Lindholm with EJ several times - sent Lindholm down. Played Z some decent minutes, scratched. Played Barberio with Mironov for 4 straight games, scratched him a couple times - top pairing, opening night. Barrie's partner? Hasn't played a game with the team. I mean...what was even the point of the pre-season if they aren't going with any of the pairings they tried during it? Decided all the pairings sucked so badly that the Bednar Blender was going to kick off opening night?

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
:ha: oops. they can't even give us one day of excitement or optimism. No Zads or Woody in the top 4. the forwards are gonna have a lot of work to do (not as much as Varly though):confused:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What's everybody freaking out about. Zadorov showed up out of shape. No coach is going to have that. Yes he's one of our best defenseman but let's not act like he's Lidstrom and should get a pass. I love Zadorov but I have no issue with this decision by Bednar.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00