GDT: Game #1 - 10.09.14 - vs Chicago - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

MetalGodAOD*

Over/under on how many seasons we keep the "New Star Rising" theme? Is it really new after 2+ years?:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Got there midway through the first because of parking fiascos abound, but here's my thoughts.

-Kari... Hoo boy. I loved how he bounced back for the last 20, but he seems to be chasing the play a little more. Less anticipation. I'm guessing that's just rust, but we'll see. Absolutely nothing he could've done on that Kane shootout move though. You just have to pray he hits you.

- I <3 Ales Hemsky. He's going to do wonders for us.

- Benn and Seguin were unnoticeable to me (however I got there after Benn hit everybody in red he saw that one shift), but that's probably a matchup thing. The good part about that is it leaves lesser pairings on Spezza and friends or the Pitbulls. Fun times when you have depth.

- Speaking of Spezza and friends, still holding on to the belief of Nichushkin being better for that line. Two reasons for this, and neither of them involve being "passive"- 1. Because it creates more of a matchup headache for the other coaches, and 2. Because Bennguin is more than capable without a third head to the monster. Put a Sceviour, Pevs (god willing), or, hell, maybe even Eaves with them and I'm sure they'll be just fine.

- Really liked the work from the D tonight. Quick exits, minimal mistakes, plenty of offensive chances. Couldn't really find any whipping boys, which speaks volumes about Gonchar.

- Great #banter with Lobo and Sean tonight. Old drunk guys are the best

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Finished watching the game with my boys who didn't spoil the game at my request.

The 2 pts would've been perfect, but honestly the way we played is better than a loss vs Florida or some ****.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I know most everyone is disappointed but I'm going to step away from my usual glass half empty to say that last year I don't remember a 20 minute stretch in any of the games where Dallas outplayed Chicago. Tonight it was a solid 40 minutes and at times in the 3rd as well. That's a damn good team who would have been run out of the building if their goaltender wasn't outstanding tonight. If the Stars play that type of game regularly the only question is going to be how high up in the conference standings we finish. That's a game to build on and I hope the bitter way it ended serves to push them on in Nashville Saturday.

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
Goodness, Daley's hand-eye coordination on this goal was great.

AlarmedAssuredAttwatersprairiechicken.gif

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I was at the game last night. A prevented Hawks was taking photos of an Ice Girl's ass and texting them to people. I took a photo of him doing this (he was using the big iPhone 6, so it was hard to miss). Several people in our row noticed.

He was sitting in Section 104, Row T Seat 1.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Got there midway through the first because of parking fiascos abound, but here's my thoughts.

-Kari... Hoo boy. I loved how he bounced back for the last 20, but he seems to be chasing the play a little more. Less anticipation. I'm guessing that's just rust, but we'll see. Absolutely nothing he could've done on that Kane shootout move though. You just have to pray he hits you.

- I <3 Ales Hemsky. He's going to do wonders for us.

- Benn and Seguin were unnoticeable to me (however I got there after Benn hit everybody in red he saw that one shift), but that's probably a matchup thing. The good part about that is it leaves lesser pairings on Spezza and friends or the Pitbulls. Fun times when you have depth.

- Speaking of Spezza and friends, still holding on to the belief of Nichushkin being better for that line. Two reasons for this, and neither of them involve being "passive"- 1. Because it creates more of a matchup headache for the other coaches, and 2. Because Bennguin is more than capable without a third head to the monster. Put a Sceviour, Pevs (god willing), or, hell, maybe even Eaves with them and I'm sure they'll be just fine.

- Really liked the work from the D tonight. Quick exits, minimal mistakes, plenty of offensive chances. Couldn't really find any whipping boys, which speaks volumes about Gonchar.

- Great #banter with Lobo and Sean tonight. Old drunk guys are the best

I'm 21 and younger than you! Since when is that old?!

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Before the game I'd have taken the point and been really happy. This feels disappointing, but it's really nice to see Dallas not just hang with Chicago but vastly out play them for large stretches.

Benn disappeared after the 1st.

Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt were money.

Spezza is special. Nemeth played well as did the rest of the defense.

Sceviour good. Nuke looked a little slow but I expect that to turn around.

This team is going to be better than I even hoped. The rest of the league going to cry to momma about them mean, fast, physical, in your face Stars.

Those late 90s, early 2000 teams dominated people. This team is could be the most entertaining sports team I've ever followed.
You're famous on the Hawks board for this post. It's good to be excited but it's a little bit premature at this stage.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
You're famous on the Hawks board for this post. It's good to be excited but it's a little bit premature at this stage.

No it isn't. We've had over half a decade of mediocrity, we can be as excited as we want to be. Kind of like Hawks fans after the decades of crap Chicago put out.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
No it isn't. We've had over half a decade of mediocrity, we can be as excited as we want to be. Kind of like Hawks fans after the decades of crap Chicago put out.

And consider most of the fans over there have never experienced real hockey disappointment. They can get over it.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Yawn. Let em talk.

When's the last time a team in this league completely outskated the Hawks? It's been at least half a decade.

Our fan base has every single reason to be excited right now. From our current squad to our prospect pool.

MetalGodAOD*

Besides the last hyperbole what exactly is incorrect about that post? the Hawks were indeed outplayed for large stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: