GDT: Game #1 - 10.09.14 - vs Chicago - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I had evening class during the 3rd period, but from what I saw, the Hawks turned tables and were all over the Stars. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Overall, I'm happy from what I saw. The Stars controlled the puck and limited the Hawks for long stretches (in the beginning at least). It's nice to see. Looking forward to seeing this group continue to meld together.

Stars definitely wore themselves out by the third. They need to figure out how to conserve while still going at a higher clip than the team they're playing.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ah, thanks. Yeah, they looked sluggish towards the end there. The series of penalty kills goes to that, too.

Still, I'm encouraged going forward by what I saw earlier on.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Ah, thanks. Yeah, they looked sluggish towards the end there. The series of penalty kills goes to that, too.

Still, I'm encouraged going forward by what I saw earlier on.

Yeah, they looked great and not every goalie is going to be that ridiculously lucky. Dallas played a heck of a game.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Before the game I'd have taken the point and been really happy. This feels disappointing, but it's really nice to see Dallas not just hang with Chicago but vastly out play them for large stretches.

Benn disappeared after the 1st.

Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt were money.

Spezza is special. Nemeth played well as did the rest of the defense.

Sceviour good. Nuke looked a little slow but I expect that to turn around.

This team is going to be better than I even hoped. The rest of the league going to cry to momma about them mean, fast, physical, in your face Stars.

Those late 90s, early 2000 teams dominated people. This team is could be the most entertaining sports team I've ever followed.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Seguin really looked like he was struggling to contain control of the puck most of the night. Puck was bouncing on him a lot more than others it felt like.

Nuke was hit and miss. But I don't think he's even close to 100% personally.

New boys looked great minus the shootout.

And hats off to the fans that were in green tonight at the AAC. It's been a long time since our crowd was that into it during the first game of the season against a team like the Hawks. There might have been one time that a Lets go Hawks chant was heard (the only time I can remember it was right after their first goal near the end of the period). Outside of that, our fans over powered them any time they attempted to start anything.

Philly will bring their share of fans too I'm sure. But man I'm excited about where this team is going and tonight only reassured me of it. Onto the Music City. And I can't wait to make the game thread for it.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
The Hawks know how to win games. We're trying to get there. Plain and simple.

It's frustrating for two reasons
1) Stars outplayed the Hawks
2) The Hawks won via shootout, which is a travesty, IMHO

But a point is a point. My FB feed is blowing up with people trashing the Stars, which I can't understand. Please let this blow over, Hockey Jesus.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
People trashing the Stars?? lol what?

Over what? Chicago's own coach even said they shouldn't of won...

"It's more of a testament to Dallas not being a contender than anything. A mediocre Blackhawks game plan beat them when they couldn't have played much better."

Vomit. I hate bad Blackhawks fans. They ruined the franchise for me, honestly.

Side Note: I don't think people who go to hfboards and post on the Blackhawks board are these types of people. I find the fans on the Hawks board pretty cool overall.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Back from the game. It was a good showing by the Stars even if all we got from it was a loser point. Even the Hawks fan sitting next to me was saying that Crawford stole the game and the Stars were the better team. I don't have too many complaints about the Stars tonight minus the softass goal that Lehtonen let in. It was great to see all of our lines clicking and having great opportunities. My mother now has a crush on Trevor Daley so that's a bonus win for the Stars I guess.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Crawford outplayed Kari, and the Hawks stole a point because of it. There were lots of positives. The team skated great and held the Hawks in check for about 45 minutes. Fun game for sure.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
"It's more of a testament to Dallas not being a contender than anything. A mediocre Blackhawks game plan beat them when they couldn't have played much better."

Vomit. I hate bad Blackhawks fans. They ruined the franchise for me, honestly.

Side Note: I don't think people who go to hfboards and post on the Blackhawks board are these types of people. I find the fans on the Hawks board pretty cool overall.
Our 3 best players (Seguin, Benn and Spezza) all had subpar games. They're clueless if they think that we're incapable of putting a better product on the ice.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Our 3 best players (Seguin, Benn and Spezza) all had subpar games. They're clueless if they think that we're incapable of putting a better product on the ice.

I didn't think Spezza looked subpar at all. He played extremely well defensively for the most part. Jamie and Tyler looked slowed after the first, but Spezza was flying out there.

Obviously, it's going to take a minute to adjust but I'm beyond excited for him.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Back from the game. It was a good showing by the Stars even if all we got from it was a loser point. Even the Hawks fan sitting next to me was saying that Crawford stole the game and the Stars were the better team. I don't have too many complaints about the Stars tonight minus the softass goal that Lehtonen let in. It was great to see all of our lines clicking and having great opportunities. My mother now has a crush on Trevor Daley so that's a bonus win for the Stars I guess.

Trevor looked good, still pissed about the no call on Crawford, the game wasn't the only thing he stole tonight, but hey, the power play won me a free case of Dr Pepper if not the game

Brand New Stars

I thought Spezza looked quite good. Benn definitely disappeared after his couple of big hits in the first.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I thought Spezza looked quite good. Benn definitely disappeared after his couple of big hits in the first.

Benn did put the puck on Fiddler's stick to win the game. I'm not saying he had a great overall game but if Fiddler scores there or passes it back to him to score it's a different story.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

He saved a goal late in the 3rd.

This game looked like what we should expect throughout the season. Some nights the Bro line will be really keyed in on, and others it will be Spezza's if him and his guys get hot. I was more encouraged to see the second wave of attack after the 1st line got off the ice than I was discouraged that the 1st line didn't create a lot. You're not going to face Keith-Seabrook every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad